equal rights?

Ok, so no one gets married and everyone gets a civil union. And thats your answer?

As far as state and federal government and licensing, yes, that's my answer. Remove the 'religious' as well as 'sexual' aspect from joint partnerships, and treat it as a benign generic social contract for the purpose of taxes, insurance, property, etc. Allow ANY two individuals of legal age to acquire a Civil Union license, and if they want to then go to a Catholic or Baptist church and have a traditional wedding ceremony, have a Rastafarian minister 'marry' their gay asses on a hillside in Alabama, or pretend one of them is Satan and the other is his/her Satanic partner and have a Satanic ritual to commemorate their Civil Union... FINE! Who gives a shit? And even if they don't want to have any kind of commemorative ceremony at all, and don't want to have sex with each other... FINE! That would not be the purpose or intent of a Civil Union license!

Can you dig it?

Racists shouldn't be allowed to marry their sisters, it leads to people like Dick-see being born

As far as state and federal government and licensing, yes, that's my answer. Remove the 'religious' as well as 'sexual' aspect from joint partnerships, and treat it as a benign generic social contract for the purpose of taxes, insurance, property, etc. Allow ANY two individuals of legal age to acquire a Civil Union license, and if they want to then go to a Catholic or Baptist church and have a traditional wedding ceremony, have a Rastafarian minister 'marry' their gay asses on a hillside in Alabama, or pretend one of them is Satan and the other is his/her Satanic partner and have a Satanic ritual to commemorate their Civil Union... FINE! Who gives a shit? And even if they don't want to have any kind of commemorative ceremony at all, and don't want to have sex with each other... FINE! That would not be the purpose or intent of a Civil Union license!

Can you dig it?
I can. You and I are in agreement.

Can you dig it?
Yup. This is exactly what I have been saying. Solely a contract between consenting adults.

What a dumb expression. Thank you, Alabama...

Yah, I shoulda gone with the more dorky Northern expression... 'We'll I'll be a Monkey's Uncle!' ...but I was afraid it might be interpreted to sound racist or make people think I condoned 'Monkey Marriage' or something.

As long as THAT is all you can criticize, I think I'm doing pretty good here.

Yah, I shoulda gone with the more dorky Northern expression... 'We'll I'll be a Monkey's Uncle!' ...but I was afraid it might be interpreted to sound racist or make people think I condoned 'Monkey Marriage' or something.

As long as THAT is all you can criticize, I think I'm doing pretty good here.
Okay, fair's fair. I wasn't really interested in the topic at hand, but I found your expression retarded.

Back