Europeans see what America cannot

black has been thoroughly outclassed and owned in this thread every step of the way by superfreak. Notice how none of the other leftwingers are taking up this fight and leaving BAC hung out to dry.

Meet the true bane of what an ignorant fool is.

I think it was oil!
The pipeline would be for natural gas into Pakistan. There is no reason to create a longer and more difficult pipeline for oil when they are creating one through the path they use to deliver it through Turkey. Especially since most of the oil fields are on the West side of the Sea. It makes no sense for them to put in oil pipelines.

However, that pipeline was long approved before the US went there, we would not have had to invade them for the pipeline.

At least one proposed pipeline thru Afganistan was NOT approved.
So? The reality is the US did not go in there for Natural Gas going to Pakistan, and that the pipeline they attempt to say we attacked for was approved until we did attack and got rid of their government.

There is no basis to say that we attacked for a fruitless pipeline that would not serve US interests.

So? The reality is the US did not go in there for Natural Gas going to Pakistan, and that the pipeline they attempt to say we attacked for was approved until we did attack and got rid of their government.

There is no basis to say that we attacked for a fruitless pipeline that would not serve US interests.

The U.S. wanted to make sure the pipeline didn't go through Iran, and that multinational corps, including american ones, would be able to profit on the construction of the pipeline through afghanistan and the marketing of gas.

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice says the US is opposed to the proposed Iran-India-Pakistan gas pipeline because it would strengthen Iran and thus negatively affect the United States economically. “Our views concerning Iran are very well known by this time, and we have communicated our concerns about gas pipeline cooperation,” she says

Damo seems determined to divert / restrict this to one pipeline to Pakistan ?

The U.S. doesn't want a gas pipeline to go through Iran to pakistan.

Even Ron Paul acknowledged that building a pipeline through Afghanistan was a motivating factor.

Interview with Ron Paul

JW: Could you elaborate a little bit how oil pipelines were the motivation for going into Afghanistan?

Ron Paul : It's been known that certain oil companies were anxious for many, many years to be able to transverse Afghanistan to move natural gas. And that effort is still alive and well. Too often, whether it's a pipeline in Afghanistan or control of oil wells in Iraq, oil and economics motivates our national policy much more so than national security

http://isil.org/towards-liberty/07-ron-paul-interview.html

The U.S. wanted to make sure the pipeline didn't go through Iran, and that multinational corps, including american ones, would be able to profit on the construction of the pipeline through afghanistan and the marketing of gas.
I notice that it was proposed AFTER our invasion of Afghanistan and you didn't mention that. This statement of Condi's was in 2005, 2 years AFTER we went in.

This is a deliberate attempt to mislead.

The U.S. doesn't want a gas pipeline to go through Iran to pakistan.

Even Ron Paul acknowledged that building a pipeline through Afghanistan was a motivating factor.
Once again, then attacking Afghanistan was not in our best interests. The pipeline was going through Afghanistan until we invaded and took out that government.

I notice that it was proposed AFTER our invasion of Afghanistan and you didn't mention that. This statement of Condi's was in 2005, 2 years AFTER we went in.

This is a deliberate attempt to mislead.

Damo, the talk of the Iran to Pakistan pipeline has been going on since the mid 1990s. And the US has always been keen to deny Iran more sources of revenue, and more influence.

I expect an apology, for calling me dishonest. Thanks

As the owner of the world's second-largest proven natural gas reserves, Iran is keen to exploit this resource as a source of revenue. It is therefore pursuing gas export deals with a number of countries.

One of the biggest potential customers so far is India, and negotiations for a pipeline stretching across Pakistan have been going on since the mid-1990s. A recent flurry of diplomatic visits suggested that the deal was about to be concluded, but U.S. security concerns and Indian anger over Iranian business practices are putting this in doubt.

http://www.rferl.org/featuresarticle/2005/3/D107F257-10BC-4B2A-83E7-BB87C3533EA5.html

Do you disagree with Ron Paul, that gas pipelines were a motivating factor from bringing afghanistan into our sphere of influence?

Damo, the talk of the Iran to Pakistan pipeline has been going on since the mid 1990s. And the US has always been keen to deny Iran more sources of revenue, and more influence.

I expect an apology, for calling me dishonest. Thanks

Do you disagree with Ron Paul, that gas pipelines were a motivating factor from bringing afghanistan into our sphere of influence?
Cypress, the pipeline was scheduled to go in through Afghanistan. Our invasion changed that. While they spoke on it, they had agreed for it to go elsewhere.

You are desperate to support some conspiracy theory that we invaded there for a pipeline that actually stopped because of our invasion?

Your argument has more holes than a mesh t-shirt.

And yes, I disagree with Ron Paul that gas pipelines were a motivating factor. They were actually a mitigating factor against our invasion as destabilizing that government took away agreements that were already in place.

Cypress, the pipeline was scheduled to go in through Afghanistan. Our invasion changed that. While they spoke on it, they had agreed for it to go elsewhere.

You are desperate to support some conspiracy theory that we invaded there for a pipeline that actually stopped because of our invasion?

Your argument has more holes than a mesh t-shirt.

And yes, I disagree with Ron Paul that gas pipelines were a motivating factor. They were actually a mitigating factor against our invasion as destabilizing that government took away agreements that were already in place.

I think you may have the timeline a bit off. We had a deal with the Taliban to put the pipeline through Afghanistan that fell through when Clinton bombed Al Queda camps there in 1998.

That said, I agree that it ridiculous to insinuate that the pipeline was even a remote consideration as the US is not the primary beneficiary of the pipeline. Yes, with Karzai in control it was fairly obvious the deal would be reworked as it benefitted Afghanistan, Pakistan, Turkmenistan and of course the US. But the primary reason we went in was to remove the Taliban and eliminate Al Queda.

Obviously Bush has A.D.D. or something as those objectives were quickly pushed aside.

I think you may have the timeline a bit off. We had a deal with the Taliban to put the pipeline through Afghanistan that fell through when Clinton bombed Al Queda camps there in 1998.

That said, I agree that it ridiculous to insinuate that the pipeline was even a remote consideration as the US is not the primary beneficiary of the pipeline. Yes, with Karzai in control it was fairly obvious the deal would be reworked as it benefitted Afghanistan, Pakistan, Turkmenistan and of course the US. But the primary reason we went in was to remove the Taliban and eliminate Al Queda.

Obviously Bush has A.D.D. or something as those objectives were quickly pushed aside.
He was too busy trying to remake the Muslim world into a Free Democratic Zone to pay attention to what we should have. Fricking moron.

And yeah, sorry should have said our attacks. Serious talks about changing the shape of the pipeline to go through Iran were not made until after invasion though as the changes would be cost prohibitive. However as the US invaded and destabilized the region further the cost basis factors changed. If we had paid attention and kept to the plan the pipeline would likely have gone through and some Russian people would be very rich.

Back