Evil, Subhuman Holiday Shoppers!!!

Minister of Truth

Practically Perfect
http://newsok.com/bargains-cant-trump-human-life/article/3326326

Black Friday bargains can’t trump human life
By Clytie Bunyan
Published: November 30, 2008

Shopping is fun, and for some, there’s no more exciting time to shop than the day after Thanksgiving.

It was amazing to watch video from former Oklahoman Business staffer Jim Stafford of what he described as about 500 shoppers flowing into the Elk City Walmart at 5 a.m. Friday.

Equally fascinating is watching images of people camped out in the cold for a chance to purchase cheap electronics at Best Buy.

But too many people lose their humanity on Black Friday.

The shocking news Friday about the Walmart worker, who was killed when an out-of-control crowd stormed a New York store to cash in on doorbuster deals, is proof.

One report said while the worker laid dead or dying, people stepped over him, continuing to push into the store.

What is wrong with people?!? I already thought that people who waited in lines for hours or who camped out for days/weeks were morons, but this is unhuman. I can't stand to wait in lunch lines for more than 5 min., and have opted out for pizza many times at my college cafeteria because it has no line for it.

Seriously, they should have just locked them all in and lit the store on fire.

:burn:

I can't stand Black Friday. The deals really aren't all that great this year. Years ago, I could get shit for free with a mail-in-rebate. I got Anti-Virus Software, Battery Backups, and CD-Rs, all free. I don't see the same deals now-a-days. Best deal I saw was for a Camera and All-in-one combo printer for $99.

I'm shopping online this year, except for my yearly visit to Office Max three days after Black Friday to get the better deals.

It is the true spirit of the Capitalistic holiday season.

also intelligence and civilization is inversely proportional to the density of humans.

Last edited:
I don't understand why anyone goes into the stores. I personally am recovering (though very well) from a broken shoulder, and even though I am at the point where physical therapy is really bringing it back, I do not have anywhere near full strength, and cannot afford to be in a kill or be killed situation for a tv/dvd combo! And really, is this what a human life is now worth? I hope they track them down and put them in jail - the Nassau county police are looking for them. There is just no excuse for this.

I finished about 75% of my christmas shopping on my computer, this morning. One morning of pointing and clicking! I even had my niece on the phone with me, picking out her ugg boots. It was fun.

I think the only person I'm actually going into a store this year for, is my bf. And that's because i want to get him something really, really cool from bose, and I want the salesguys there to help me find something perfect. He's been incredible during my whole crippled old lady period, and I want to really surprise him. But that won't be very crowded. Everyone else, gets point and click! Even my mom who I ordered the Swarovski flirting swans for this morning. Online! Done.

People are totally nuts if they have a computer and are actually going out to shop.

I don't understand why anyone goes into the stores. I personally am recovering (though very well) from a broken shoulder, and even though I am at the point where physical therapy is really bringing it back, I do not have anywhere near full strength, and cannot afford to be in a kill or be killed situation for a tv/dvd combo! And really, is this what a human life is now worth? I hope they track them down and put them in jail - the Nassau county police are looking for them. There is just no excuse for this.

People are totally nuts if they have a computer and are actually going out to shop.

Another place where the left and right meet. I saw that "Rent" was still in town, I knew that my youngest son wanted to see it, we'd had tickets about a year ago, but something happened that we couldn't go. So I asked him if he'd like that. Yeppers, he called his sister, yep, she'd like to go with 6 other friends. I ordered the tickets online, collected the money from the non-relatives, done. Give each kid another $50 for dinner, totally done. Last son, what would he like? To go with his gf and me to museum and dinner in the city. Done. For myself, going to "Dirty Dancing" on the 20th and "Mame" on the 17th.

I've even ordered the centerpiece and flower arrangements online from my favorite local florist, being delivered the 24th, (no FTD crap). I've had good luck with Proflowers, but I don't care for their Christmas arrangements.

It is the true spirit of the Capitalistic holiday season.

Bullshit; that's such a hackneyed, uneducated response.

What happened here is essentially mob (if not herd) mentality. This is not the first time someone has been stampeded to death.

This was the result of a combination of excited and frightened retards who felt they had the right to break down a door because of_____. These people could have been scrambling for anything. As long as there is some sort of perceived increase in social standing or self-image, people are capable of anything, including killing a Wal-Mart door greeter because there are "good deals" waiting inside. What a fucking disgrace.

We've got a lot of evolving left to do.

What happened here is essentially mob (if not herd) mentality. This is not the first time someone has been stampeded to death.

This was the result of a combination of excited and frightened retards who felt they had the right to break down a door because of_____. These people could have been scrambling for anything. As long as there is some sort of perceived increase in social standing or self-image, people are capable of anything, including killing a Wal-Mart door greeter because there are "good deals" waiting inside. What a fucking disgrace.

The second part of my post explained well.
"also intelligence and civilization is inversely proportional to the density of humans."

Our lifespan is too short to evolve much further.
Tech knowledge we pass on. Human knowledge and matutity starts over with each persons birth.

Another place where the left and right meet. I saw that "Rent" was still in town, I knew that my youngest son wanted to see it, we'd had tickets about a year ago, but something happened that we couldn't go. So I asked him if he'd like that. Yeppers, he called his sister, yep, she'd like to go with 6 other friends. I ordered the tickets online, collected the money from the non-relatives, done. Give each kid another $50 for dinner, totally done. Last son, what would he like? To go with his gf and me to museum and dinner in the city. Done. For myself, going to "Dirty Dancing" on the 20th and "Mame" on the 17th.

I've even ordered the centerpiece and flower arrangements online from my favorite local florist, being delivered the 24th, (no FTD crap). I've had good luck with Proflowers, but I don't care for their Christmas arrangements.

It's crazy to do it any other way. I like the centerpiece idea, I will check them out. I never think of ordering one with fresh flowers, that's nice.

No, it was a result of a well-known marketing scheme to make a consumer feel as if they have a very short window of opportunity, and if they don't make it, they're going to miss out. Act now, or be sorry.

It's psychological warfare. You should read some Edward Bernays, he was Freud's nephew. He's also widely considered to be the father of PR.

Although, by stating the above facts, I am not releasing these people from their responsibility. They are responsible and should be arrested, in my opinion.

I can respect someone who prefers to go out and do it the "old fashioned way," or because they enjoy shopping at the store/mall, but not if they are insane gits who go on a Black Friday rampage. A family friend who works at Macy's used his seniority to take the day off this year, so kudos to him.

It's crazy to do it any other way. I like the centerpiece idea, I will check them out. I never think of ordering one with fresh flowers, that's nice.

Oh it is! Get the ones with candles. I usually have 3 tapers in the arrangement, then 2 candelabras on the table, for a total of 9 candles. Those plus many others in the living room and on buffet, along with the Christmas tree lights makes my house look so clean! No direct lighting! LOL!

No, it was a result of a well-known marketing scheme to make a consumer feel as if they have a very short window of opportunity, and if they don't make it, they're going to miss out. Act now, or be sorry.

It's psychological warfare. You should read some Edward Bernays, he was Freud's nephew. He's also widely considered to be the father of PR.

I'm familiar with Bernays. This is where Chomsky got the title "Manufacturing Consent."

You've reduced human beings to automatons with your statement.

Do you think a band who sings about suicide causes someone to commit suicide, just because they listened to a song?

What about neo-nazi skinheads who beat the shit of a gay man - did they commit the act because their parents and friends are homophobes?

Give me a fucking break. People need to be held accountable for their actions. We have the capacity to resist influences.

I'm familiar with Bernays. This is where Chomsky got the title "Manufacturing Consent."

You've reduced human beings to automatons with your statement.

Do you think a band who sings about suicide causes someone to commit suicide, just because they listened to a song?

What about neo-nazi skinheads who beat the shit of a gay man - did they commit the act because their parents and friends are homophobes?

Give me a fucking break. People need to be held accountable for their actions. We have the capacity to resist influences.

I certainly believe that the people involved in this should be held responsible. What I do not agree with is letting capitalism itself off the hook. Capitalism is always found innocent, but it's guilty as hell. Each played their role in this tragedy, as well as so many others.

henceforth while I do all my buying online!

Was erwartet ihr von schmutz'gen kleinen Heiden?

"You've reduced human beings to automatons with your statement. "

In the USA especially humans have pretty much reduced themselves voluntaraily to being autamatons waiting to be told what to think and do.

I certainly believe that the people involved in this should be held responsible. What I do not agree with is letting capitalism itself off the hook. Capitalism is always found innocent, but it's guilty as hell. Each played their role in this tragedy, as well as so many others.

What on Earth do you think capitalism is?? You make it sound like it's an organism. It's simply the result of human actions. In other words, human beings are capable of extreme greed and stupidity. If people commit crimes, blame people.

I don't blame "fascism" for the Holocaust. I blame the people who committed the crimes.

Back