Evil, Subhuman Holiday Shoppers!!!

Ironhead do you not blame those who support something for the outcome ?

As does Darla i hold those who did the act personally responsible, but are those who set the conditions for it blameless ?

Ironhead do you not blame those who support something for the outcome ?

As does Darla i hold those who did the act personally responsible, but are those who set the conditions for it blameless ?

Wal-Mart (in part) could perhaps be blamed for the stupidity and largesse of Black Friday. My understanding of this particular event is that the crowd was responsible, because they broke down the door, which caused the employee to have a heart-attack, and then get trampled to death.

I don't see how Wal-Mart is culpable with regard to this man's death. Wal-Mart might have hyped up their sale, but I know that I chose not to shop at any of these ridiculous sales, as did many of you on this board, it would seem. The people who charged the door chose to do so, just as they chose to stupidly camp outside the place just to save a few dollars on some shit they probably don't need - and probably bought on credit.

Wal-Mart (in part) could perhaps be blamed for the stupidity and largesse of Black Friday. My understanding of this particular event is that the crowd was responsible, because they broke down the door, which caused the employee to have a heart-attack, and then get trampled to death.

I don't see how Wal-Mart is culpable with regard to this man's death. Wal-Mart might have hyped up their sale, but I know that I chose not to shop at any of these ridiculous sales, as did many of you on this board, it would seem. The people who charged the door chose to do so, just as they chose to stupidly camp outside the place just to save a few dollars on some shit they probably don't need - and probably bought on credit.

You can't have capitalism without mindless consumerism. Our entire economy is based on it. That's why our entire economy is falling apart, now that the consumer no longer feels they have buying power due to a mix of stagnating wages, falling home values, and job loss/job insecurity.

And you can't have mindless consumerism without a billion dollar business with the single-minded purpose of tricking, seducing, pressuring, the American consumer into buying.

A lot goes into that, but since Christmas shopping is the make or break season for retailers, the focus of that is; buy now or you'll miss out. Most especially when you have a consumer who is more and more drifting towards poverty, the frenzy they can be driven to with the simple but emotional campaign of: you can have this now, but in four hours, you won't be able to afford it, ever.

And that is black friday. Get there at 5, because at 9, the prices go up, a lot. If you are there at 5, you'll be able to afford this. At 9, and ever after, it's out of your reach. This is also why it becomes common knowledge that there are only a very limited number of say, the 129 dollar blue ray dvd player. And after 9 am, you will never be able to afford a blue ray dvd player, leaving you out. Everyone else is getting one you see.

And that, is psychological manipulation, and they (corporations and their ad people) purposefully attempt to manipulate via the unconscious.

So, are the people who trampled that man and kept shopping innocent? No. Is Capitalism innocent? No. Is Walmart, who pays millions of dollars to PR and Ad companies to come up with new ways to psychologically trick and seduce people into turning a want into a need, innocent? No.

I think their employee died on their property so that pretty much makes it their fault for not properly planning the event.

I think their employee died on their property so that pretty much makes it their fault for not properly planning the event.

If somebody robs Wal-Mart at gunpoint and, half-way through decides to murder a cashier, is it Wal-Mart's fault or the person who pulled the trigger?

Come on.

USC and dhula out to kill capitalism.
look at football games in less capitalist europe. Multiple deaths each year. How about less dense Africa. Lot more murder there.
yeah some don't belong in college. Usc for example.

This is like those threads where Dano tries to blame liberalism for inner city crime.

I think we need to target the entrepreneurs. By allowing entrepreneurs to continue to create new accessories, goods etc. they are contributing to this 'want' the American people have.

We should probably also have the government control when sales are allowed by retailors (sp) as I believe they do some places in Europe. The federal government can come up with an orderly way to allocate limited number of sale items based on capacity to pay.

The government should probably get more involved in visuals we see on television which contribute to the American problem of trying to 'keep up with the Jones.' One example (out of very many) is MTV cribs which shows young rich people with everything imaginable and sets off envy and want among its viewers.

There are many more steps to be taken to combat this problem.

Your insane. Have the gov control shopping. That's almost as funny as the broken Trojans belonging in the bcs game.

Your insane. Have the gov control shopping. That's almost as funny as the broken Trojans belonging in the bcs game.

I was being facetious although it is done in other countries and damn straight 'SC should be in Miami.

It would make more sense that those that can purchase something over $25 dollars, need to give a donation of at least $10 to help the more needy, such as myself. The retail stores can be the nexus between the givers and receivers. I choose Nordstroms.

Back