Evolutionist BS

Grugore

Verified User
The theory of evolution states that the human eye is the result of millions of years of random mutations. Evolutionists claim that the eye began as a patch of light sensitive skin that gradually became more complex over time.

The human eye is auto focus. It can see ten million colors. It can simultaneously process three million pieces of information.

And you idiots think it's the result of random mutations? Could I interest you in a get rich quick scheme?

The theory of evolution states that the human eye is the result of millions of years of random mutations. Evolutionists claim that the eye began as a patch of light sensitive skin that gradually became more complex over time.

The human eye is auto focus. It can see ten million colors. It can simultaneously process three million pieces of information.

And you idiots think it's the result of random mutations? Could I interest you in a get rich quick scheme?

Your comments don't contribute much to the scientific case.

There is no scientific case for evolution.

what an ignoramus, typical uneducated fundy christ-stain

cake-or-death-christian-church-cartoon-by-alex-baker-276-cartoon-modern-christian-a-z-letter-f-fundamentalists-december-9-2011.jpg

f322f8dfdb4d0c50a5fe541e0df6fa08.gif

Last edited:

most lib'ruls are still blind........

I think what Grugore wants us to admit is that the human eye was created by a Supreme Being (which name always makes me hungry for a supreme pizza). I guess if this is true, then She must love birds and other animals more than humans. She gave *them* the ability to not only see all of the colors that we can distinguish, but many can also see in the ultraviolet part of the electromagnetic spectrum. There is also speculation that migratory birds and animals can see magnetic field lines, which allows them to navigate.

I think what Grugore wants us to admit is that the human eye was created by a Supreme Being (which name always makes me hungry for a supreme pizza). I guess if this is true, then She must love birds and other animals more than humans. She gave *them* the ability to not only see all of the colors that we can distinguish, but many can also see in the ultraviolet part of the electromagnetic spectrum. There is also speculation that migratory birds and animals can see magnetic field lines, which allows them to navigate.

(This message brought to you by Koko, Harley, Phoenix, Dash, and Emmy, who have no doubt at all who are the supreme beings in *this* household.)

Last edited:

Gru...you are so ignorant of Biology that you make a laughing stock out of yourself. There is nothing "random" about biological evolution. Random genetic mutations occur...it happens all the times in GENETICS...but then they are...and read carefully here...this is a critical word...don't let it slip through your grasp...THEY ARE SELECTED!!!!

Natural Selection, as the name implies, is anything but random. I mean do you guys really have any notion how us Biologist laugh and laugh and laugh at your scientific illiteracy? :)

There is no scientific case for evolution.

Awwww geee do you mean that all of those products and inventions and medicines based on evolutionary theory are just a figment of us Biologist imagination? Wow...just think....antibiotics are imaginary folks. There's no scientific basis for them people. It's all smoke and mirrors and voodoo...LOL LOL LOL LOL

So let's see the evidence. Got any? Show us how the human eye gained the ability to process three million pieces of data simultaneously through random mutations.

Maybe you'll find this as interesting as I did. This simple Wikipedia entry will explain it all to you. First paragraphs:

"Many researchers have found the evolution of the eye attractive to study, because the eye distinctively exemplifies an analogous organ found in many animal forms. Simple light detection is found in bacteria, single-celled organisms, plants and animals. Complex, image-forming eyes have evolved independently several times.[1]

"Complex eyes appeared first within the few million years of the Cambrian explosion. Prior to the Cambrian, no evidence of eyes has survived, but diverse eyes are known from the Burgess shale of the Middle Cambrian, and from the slightly older Emu Bay Shale.[2] Eyes are adapted to the various requirements of their owners. They vary in their visual acuity, the range of wavelengths they can detect, their sensitivity in low light, their ability to detect motion or to resolve objects, and whether they can discriminate colours. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_the_eye
~~~

The entry includes much more detailed explanations of various eye structures, the chemistry behind vision, and variances between species. It's really fascinating, and I thank you for provoking me into learning more. Much appreciated.

BTW, this discussion puts me in mind of my late husband's best friend, Wiley. Wiley used to come over and drink beer and argue endlessly with my husband, like guys do. The Eye was a favorite topic. Wiley was an ardent believer in UFOs, aliens, Area 51, and so on. He loved Coast to Coast AM and all the wacky conspiracy theories and alien stories featured. He insisted that the eye is the result of alien intervention in Earthly DNA and evolution. There were many convoluted explanations of why this is TRUTH. I wish I could remember them all, but there was beer, as I mentioned.

Not so different, in the end, in the creationists' insistence that a magickal sky dude made everything just how it is today. The reality is far more fascinating.

BTW, this discussion puts me in mind of my late husband's best friend, Wiley. Wiley used to come over and drink beer and argue endlessly with my husband, like guys do. The Eye was a favorite topic. Wiley was an ardent believer in UFOs, aliens, Area 51, and so on. He loved Coast to Coast AM and all the wacky conspiracy theories and alien stories featured. He insisted that the eye is the result of alien intervention in Earthly DNA and evolution. There were many convoluted explanations of why this is TRUTH. I wish I could remember them all, but there was beer, as I mentioned.

Not so different, in the end, in the creationists' insistence that a magickal sky dude made everything just how it is today. The reality is far more fascinating.
Good stuff.

A favorite tactic of bible thumpers, conspiracy theorists, and evolution deniers: "If scientists have not figured out all the details, that must mean sky god did it all!"

I believe the simplest explanation is this: we are basically relatively smart chimpanzees. We simply do not have the brain power to fully understand and comprehend something as complex as all the details in the universe. Our brains are not evolved or equipped for that task.

In terms of expanding human knowledge we can either choose empiricism and rationality.
Or we can choose superstition and guesswork.

As over-sized chimpanzees, all we can really do is use human reasoning to explore ontological and epistemological questions, and expand our base of knowledge. Which hopefully, gets us reasonably close to the truth.

Obviously, we know the broad outlines of evolution with a high degree of scientific confidence. We do not know all the details. And we probably never will. That does not discount that the broad outlines of natural selection and evolution of species are a firmly established tenet of science which is unimpeachable at this point. I continue to be amazed that evolution denial along with climate denial tends to find favor in the Republican party.

I continue to be amazed that evolution denial along with climate denial tends to find favor in the Republican party.

Same here. I grew up during the Cold War period, as well as the Vietnam War era. (R)s back then almost worshiped science and scientists. Billions of dollars were poured into R&D in a huge variety of fields -- astronautics, physics, medicine, engineering, chemistry, weapons programs, etc. Back then it was the liberals who were fearful and distrustful of science. Remember the hate for Dow Chemical? But then the (R)s got into bed with the evangelists and the entire party was dragged down to that level.

Back