Exact midpoint of life?

For you nAHZi, I think it will be marked when your parents are no longer able to support you and you are forced to move out of the basement.

"We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly. We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm, childish in another. The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present. We are made up of layers, cells, constellations." Anais Nin

There is no exact mid point to life because once you are dead there is no life to measure. A paradox. But is there a point at which you reach maturity and are there signs. First sign, you realize that people do not know because of reason, next, you realize you don't know everything, then you're not sure what reason is, next, instead of debating everyone you ask why, then you inwardly laugh at their replies, next you question your laughing, then you realize stupidity is incurable, next you realize it doesn't matter, then you realize intelligence doesn't know either, finally, you still try to do good.

Infantile love follows the principle: "I love because I am loved."
Mature love follows the principle: "I am loved because I love."
Immature love says: "I love you because I need you."
Mature love says: "I need you because I love you." Erich Fromm

"The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny." Albert Ellis

Back