Exclusive: Bush Wanted To Invade Iraq If Elected in 2000

Transcript: President Clinton explains Iraq strike
CLINTON: Good evening.

Earlier today, I ordered America’s armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq’s nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.

Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world.

Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons.

I want to explain why I have decided, with the unanimous recommendation of my national security team, to use force in Iraq; why we have acted now; and what we aim to accomplish.
http://sweetness-light.com/archive/bill-clinton-claims-he-opposed-iraq-war

Ironic, isn't it? Repubs bashed Clinton for doing it ("wag the dog") and exalted bu$h for doing it.

Time has already told us. How do you think the tiny nation of Iraq was a threat to what you see as the greatest nation on Earth? There were no WMDs. Saddam's removal has caused more instability in the region, something that was definitely not needed.

Saddam's chest thumping and his claims to have WMD were what kept Iran in check. Evidence of this has already been given to us in our recent dealing with Iran.

Evidence has been shown time and again that the threat Iraq posed was fabricated and this is what it will continue to show as time goes by.

History will show just how corrupt and power humgry the Bush administration and all his henchmen were and are!

Obama has little choice in the matter.

We have a whole city we built over there. The USA Embassy and then there is the Saudis, with Saddam gone and Iraq's army vanquished, who will protect Iraq from being overrun by the Iranians?

The PNAC pictured a whole different ending than what happened in reality, such a shame most listened to their lies.

Didn't you guys say he was just waging the dog back then and now you believe him!!!
How convenient for you.

I didn't believe Clinton, either. He was continuously bombing the no fly zone, and we can see a great deal from space, so they just pulled out the scary stuff when they needed a bad guy!

The inspectors found a few things, destroyed them.

The PNAC approached Clinton about their plan and he siad, thanks, but no thanks. He probably conferred with Daddy Bush and realized that the ME would fall into turmoil with the demise of Saddam. They both knew the cost to America and neither was willing to pay. Then along came "W", or actually, they went looking for him. They brought him up...and the rest is history.

and:- In 1998, a USA think tank, Project for the New American Century (PNAC), wrote a letter to USA president Bill Clinton advising him to remove Saddam Husein from Iraq without mentioning moral reasons, human rights, or terrorism.
The PNAC describes itself as a "non-profit educational organization dedicated to a few fundamental propositions: that American leadership is good both for America and for the world; that such leadership requires military strength, diplomatic energy and commitment to moral principle; and that too few political leaders today are making the case for global leadership."
These authors became advisers to USA president George W Bush in 2000 and include Bush's current Pentagon adviser, Richard Perle; Richard Armitage, the number two at the USA State Department; John Bolton and Paula Dobriansky, under-secretaries of state; Elliott Abrams, the presidential adviser for the Middle East and a member of the USA National Security Council; and Peter W Rodman, assistant secretary of defence for international security affairs, Zalmay Khalilzad, Bush's special envoy to the Iraqi opposition; ex-director James Woolsey and Robert B Zoelick, the USA trade representative.
Part of the letter states: "We urge you to seize [the] opportunity and to enunciate a new strategy that would secure the interests of the USA and our friends and allies around the world. That strategy should aim, above all, at the removal of Saddam Hussein's regime from power."

They must have known even then that Sadaam was training camels to swim underwater, bombs hidden in their humps, to land on the Eastern seaboard the the US.

Thanks for posting this it goes along with my post.

Us smart ones who were telling you all along what was going on...remember those good old days, before the war!

I wanted to invade Iraq during GW1. Its one reason I voted for Bush in 2000. *shrug*

Why does that not surprise me?
After all most Iraqis are furrin an' many are brown and if'n they ain't brown they sure are brownish an' they're sittin' on all that oil an' ya need a lotta that there oil to power all the trucks and SUVs we got. Say, they don't eat food like we do an' they ain't gaad fearin' chrischins. So we shulda bombed their brown asses years ago.

Why does that not surprise me?
After all most Iraqis are furrin an' many are brown and if'n they ain't brown they sure are brownish an' they're sittin' on all that oil an' ya need a lotta that there oil to power all the trucks and SUVs we got. Say, they don't eat food like we do an' they ain't gaad fearin' chrischins. So we shulda bombed their brown asses years ago.
You must be a racist.

Back