Explain to me how education can be or SHOULDN'T be a "Freedom" (No Bans)

Maybe they don't respond because your question makes no sense....

(Explain to me how education can be or SHOULDN'T be a "Freedom")

Education is a freedom, education has always been a freedom....when was it ever against the law to pursue an education....

Nearly everyone in history that was violent was uneducated. Not everyone, but mostly everyone.

I think you meant a right? I always thought it was compulsory, but we have some choice as to whether we send children to public or private schools, or even home schooling is an option. It's not a right, it's a requirement. Do you perhaps mean higher education?

You are the only Libertarian on this forum I see as brainy. Other forums had more and the whole Ted Cruz thing sunk our ship but yes, you are right...............

WE HAVE A CHOICE..........Public or Private schools. WE SHOULD HAVE A CHOICE on taxation between the two. If kids go to private school there should either be a tax break like Corporations get or a mathematical tax break for avoiding public education.

Monarchs were historically educated. Alexander was one of history's greatest conquerors, and arguably one of the best educated.

Of course, education should be a freedom. In a free market, unencumbered by government, it IS a freedom. However, confiscating the property of someone else to pay for it, is merely giving freedom to one, while taking it away from another. It shouldn't be up to government to decide who gets freedom and who doesn't. If you want to exercise the freedom to educate yourself, and your offspring, go for it ... exercise it. But, don't ask government thugs to confiscate MY freedom for the purpose of "allowing" you to exercise YOUR freedom. Education should be a free market, competitive enterprise. Where there is competition, the product or service is forced to improve. Where there is government monopoly, there is no incentive to improve the product. In fact, whenever and wherever government gets involved, the products and services deteriorate. A government that can give you freedom, is just as capable of taking it away. Stealing from Peter to pay Paul is as immoral as it gets.
Explain to me how education can be or SHOULDN'T be a "Freedom"
(No Bans. Better brain up)

You are the only Libertarian on this forum I see as brainy. Other forums had more and the whole Ted Cruz thing sunk our ship but yes, you are right...............

WE HAVE A CHOICE..........Public or Private schools. WE SHOULD HAVE A CHOICE on taxation between the two. If kids go to private school there should either be a tax break like Corporations get or a mathematical tax break for avoiding public education.

Thanks for the compliment, and I agree. If you send your child to a private school, at the very least it should be a tax write off or deduction. They view it as a choice since "free" education is provided (which comes from your tax dollars). People that home school also feel shafted, typically. I haven't met a parent that home schools that doesn't complain that they also have to pay for the free system, yet are told they get no write-offs... not even to pay for supplies. At least federally. Some local or state level decisions have been made around the country that do allow for deductions at those levels, but they usually don't amount to much. Problem is, the majority of people wouldn't vote for this because they send their children to public schools, and they view it as more income for their child to learn.

Fuck giving credit for private school!
Suck it up elitist.

How is that remotely elitist to say that "I spent $3700 dollars on my childs education, freeng the public school up from having to pay for her supplies and mentoring. Can I not be taxed on that $3700? After all that, I still contributed to public education."

P.S. My daughter goes to public school. My son will as well.

Back