Facts Are Stubborn Things

meme

WTF?
--------------------------------------------
Posted by Macon Phillips
Opponents of health insurance reform may find the truth a little inconvenient, but as our second president famously said, "facts are stubborn things."

Scary chain emails and videos are starting to percolate on the internet, breathlessly claiming, for example, to "uncover" the truth about the President’s health insurance reform positions.

In this video, Linda Douglass, the communications director for the White House’s Health Reform Office, addresses one example that makes it look like the President intends to "eliminate" private coverage, when the reality couldn’t be further from the truth.

For the record, the President has consistently said that if you like your insurance plan, your doctor, or both, you will be able to keep them. He has even proposed eight consumer protections relating specifically to the health insurance industry.

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov.

from..
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Facts-Are-Stubborn-Things/

What's the problem here?

Facts ARE stubborn things, and fairly inconvenient for chronic spreaders of disinformation like yourself. Lies such as "the gov't is going to run healthcare" or "make decisions about which doctor you can choose."

You have completely mischaracterized the health plan from the get-go, in your attempts to influence through fear.

What's the problem here?

Facts ARE stubborn things, and fairly inconvenient for chronic spreaders of disinformation like yourself. Lies such as "the gov't is going to run healthcare" or "make decisions about which doctor you can choose."

You have completely mischaracterized the health plan from the get-go, in your attempts to influence through fear.

are you going to comment on thread or just rant?
why does the Hugo administration want people to snitch on others?
or let me guess, that's the PROGRESSIVE way..

are you going to comment on thread or just rant?
why does the Hugo administration want people to snitch on others?
or let me guess, that's the PROGRESSIVE way..

"snitching"?

that would imply that you felt you were doing something that was not altogether on the up and up. If you are posting facts, what do you care if the white house knows about them? and if you are not, explain why.

WHAT. THE. FUCK?

what? having trouble with ESL?

why would anyone sending an email to the white house to keep the administration informed as to what the opposition was saying be "snitching" if what the opposition WAS saying was on the up and up?

what? having trouble with ESL?

why would anyone sending an email to the white house to keep the administration informed as to what the opposition was saying be "snitching" if what the opposition WAS saying was on the up and up?

Because its creepy?

Oh, and because it reminds us of the Cultural Revolution?

It will probably also crash the server, because you nutjobs will spam the inbox with nonsense.

Because its creepy?

It will probably also crash the server, because you nutjobs will spam the inbox with nonsense.

i think it would be awesome if i was a blogger and wrote something and someone brought it to obama's attention....isn't that the whole point of blogging, to get attention?

if you're going to write something in the public domain....expect any and all to read it

WTF?
Posted by Macon Phillips
Opponents of health insurance reform may find the truth a little inconvenient, but as our second president famously said, "facts are stubborn things."

Scary chain emails and videos are starting to percolate on the internet, breathlessly claiming, for example, to "uncover" the truth about the President’s health insurance reform positions.

In this video, Linda Douglass, the communications director for the White House’s Health Reform Office, addresses one example that makes it look like the President intends to "eliminate" private coverage, when the reality couldn’t be further from the truth.

For the record, the President has consistently said that if you like your insurance plan, your doctor, or both, you will be able to keep them. He has even proposed eight consumer protections relating specifically to the health insurance industry.

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov.

from..

This is just another way this corrupt administration is trying to control the people. Hell, all one has to do, is to read the bill to see how much they are lying.

Because its creepy?

don't forward me any emails that incorrectly characterize the administration's health care proposal and you won't have anything to worry about! ;)

don't forward me any emails that incorrectly characterize the administration's health care proposal and you won't have anything to worry about! ;)

LOL! Yeah, like anyone who questions the budget director's claim that it will be deficit neutral is a liar and spreading false info? Because politicians always do exactly what they claim they will do and the people should no better than to question them.

This is just another way this corrupt administration is trying to control the people. Hell, all one has to do, is to read the bill to see how much they are lying.

if it is a chain email, the conversation is no longer private....further, even if you write a personal email, you have no expectation that that email is private unless clearly stated and even then, becuase it has been sent on the net...

i digress, in the case of chain emails....i see this as no big deal

LOL! Yeah, like anyone who questions the budget director's claim that it will be deficit neutral is a liar and spreading false info? Because politicians always do exactly what they claim they will do and the people should no better than to question them.

Cawacko, because I have a soft spot for you - a word to the wise. Don't comment on meme's health care threads. I have had to flag all of them, along with many of her posts.

I don't want you getting caught up in the sweep.

Now is a time when Americans need to be careful about what they say. Nuff said.

Cawacko, because I have a soft spot for you - a word to the wise. Don't comment on meme's health care threads. I have had to flag all of them, along with many of her posts.

cue the twilight zone music......ooooooo

if it is a chain email, the conversation is no longer private....further, even if you write a personal email, you have no expectation that that email is private unless clearly stated and even then, becuase it has been sent on the net...

i digress, in the case of chain emails....i see this as no big deal

whitehouse.gov is the official website of the White House.

If you do me a favor or two, I might be persuaded to boycott such threads. :cool:

You know, you really do a great disservice to the billions of people who have actually had to live under oppressive regimes throughout history when you say paranoid BS like this...

You know, you really do a great disservice to the billions of people who have actually had to live under oppressive regimes throughout history when you say paranoid BS like this...

like some liberals claiming that under bush we lived in a reign of terror :pke:

WTF?
Posted by Macon Phillips

from..

So what's the problem? Email him and tell him what you don't like about the plan. Sheesh, you're unbelievable.

Back