Fair Share Concept.....

ManU1959

Left Coast
define for me what this is......

when people say they deserve their fair share.....

what exactly does that mean.....

everything i have i worked for and earned.....does that mean if someone sees what i have worked for they deserve an in kind share.....

do you have to work for your fair share or does the govt just give it to you....

is this like a spoiled screaming child throwing a fit till the get what they want....

It doesn't look like they want to try to take that one on.

Your "fair share" is exactly what you have earned.

Well, being blatantly ripped off of everything that you've EARNED by corporations and conservatives.... that is denying you your fair share.

Well, being blatantly ripped off of everything that you've EARNED by corporations and conservatives.... that is denying you your fair share.

no one forced you to give them your money........how do you feel about the liberal government giving them 2 trillion dollars to replace that which they lost.....

If however, instead of conservatives ripping you off via corporations it is liberals ripping you off via the government, you are expected to sit there, take it, smile and ask for more.

I have no idea which Americans said that or what they mean by it. Perhaps taking the tax burden off the middle class, where bu$h's tax cuts placed it? Maybe seeing more of our taxes going to handle domestic problems instead of being hemorrhaged away on Iraq and Afghanistan?

Americans at home have been given low priority over the last eight years and it's time for that to change.

americans.....and now that obama is president i will get my fair share.....

I have no idea which Americans said that or what they mean by it. Perhaps taking the tax burden off the middle class, where bu$h's tax cuts placed it? Maybe seeing more of our taxes going to handle domestic problems instead of being hemorrhaged away on Iraq and Afghanistan?

Americans at home have been given low priority over the last eight years and it's time for that to change.

so far all i have seen is the corporate auto industy bailed out and corporate finance bailed out and 15,000 troops sent to afgainstan .....not to mention the trillion pledeged to the imf .....and trillion printed......the only tax cut the middle class has gotten is a stay in witholdings that does not adjust the tax rate.......

Barack Obama: Raise capital gains tax for fairness, not for revenue

Q: You favor an increase in the capital gains tax, saying, "I certainly would not go above what existed under Bill Clinton, which was 28%." It's now 15%. That's almost a doubling if you went to 28%. Bill Clinton dropped the capital gains tax to 20%, then George Bush has taken it down to 15%. And in each instance, when the rate dropped, revenues from the tax increased. And in the 1980s, when the tax was increased to 28%, the revenues went down.
A: What I've said is that I would look at raising the capital gains tax for purposes of fairness. The top 50 hedge fund managers made $29 billion last year--$29 billion for 50 individuals. Those who are able to work the stock market and amass huge fortunes on capital gains are paying a lower tax rate than their secretaries. That's not fair.

Q: But history shows that when you drop the capital gains tax, the revenues go up.

A: Well, that might happen or it might not. It depends on what's happening on Wall Street and how business is going.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Archive/2008_Dems_Philly_Tax_Reform.htm

so far all i have seen is the corporate auto industy bailed out and corporate finance bailed out and 15,000 troops sent to afgainstan .....not to mention the trillion pledeged to the imf .....and trillion printed......the only tax cut the middle class has gotten is a stay in witholdings that does not adjust the tax rate.......

The middle class had no tax burden placed on them by Bush's tax cuts.

A stupid, ignorant thing to say, typical of the conservative love of fascism and totalitarianism. There is nothing that pisses a conservative off more than to hear that they are free.

this one day, over the lake, trees fell down, moon over rise, pizze pie in your eye

Back