Fair Share Concept.....

Excellent site. They help their people get exactly what every American in this country deserves: health insurance for kids, a higher minimum wage, clean air and water, voter registration, better roads, a working sewage system. These are the kinds of things all people should have; they aren't frills or entitlements.

We are trying to rebuild the infrastructure of Iraq, which we wantonly destroyed, in order to give the Iraqis many of the same things NCFS is working on for the citizens of North Carolina. Why should Americans take second-place, why should our tax money get squandered overseas when so many people here need the basics also?

Here is a non-profit speaking exactly as the original post meant.

http://www.ncfairshare.org/

They seek people's "fair share" of things that others have earned.

A stupid, ignorant thing to say, typical of the conservative love of fascism and totalitarianism. There is nothing that pisses a conservative off more than to hear that they are free.

that is pretty cool....you kicked your own ass with that post......

Here is a non-profit speaking exactly as the original post meant.

http://www.ncfairshare.org/

They seek people's "fair share" of things that others have earned.

Do you believe the CEO's and managers should get huge bonuses while the worker, who makes the CEO's job possible gets laid off, and learns they have no more pensions?

My idea is if the bosses are getting bonuses. so should those who work for it with their sweat. I guess that is it, sweat equity. I believe in it. a man can have huge ideas, but if he doesn't have the workers to put it into force, all he has is a big idea!

Like most ignorant left of reality nutjobs they throw around ideologies that they don't understand...go figure :rolleyes:

When are you guys going to understand that Waterdork is serious less than 10% of the time. Yes, he expresses leftist viewpoints, but he does so through extreme hyperbole and his "emo persona."

Is that the kind of post you were talking about in your post to me stressing civility on this board?

I thought I'd made it pretty clear, but I had forgotten what a stiff neck you have. My point was about dragging the old board crap over here belme. You all came on here making your snide comments and insinuating meme was aabba. Frog made the first nasty moves towards me and as far as I can tell I have kept the tetete between her and I focused on current interactions, it has been she and you all that want to play revisionist historians...so like I said have at it. :cool:

I have no idea which Americans said that or what they mean by it. Perhaps taking the tax burden off the middle class, where bu$h's tax cuts placed it? Maybe seeing more of our taxes going to handle domestic problems instead of being hemorrhaged away on Iraq and Afghanistan?

Americans at home have been given low priority over the last eight years and it's time for that to change.

That is actually inaccurate. The top 5% in this country saw their percentage of total income taxes INCREASE under bush... not decrease. The bottom 50% in this country essentially pay under 3% of total income taxes. So please explain how the middle class are being effected so badly?

The labor market shifts are forcing many people, even the college-educated ones, into taking lower-paying jobs. Employment has grown fastest in the highest- and lowest-paying jobs. This article spells it out nicely.

http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2009/oldjobs-0310.html

That is actually inaccurate. The top 5% in this country saw their percentage of total income taxes INCREASE under bush... not decrease. The bottom 50% in this country essentially pay under 3% of total income taxes. So please explain how the middle class are being effected so badly?

The labor market shifts are forcing many people, even the college-educated ones, into taking lower-paying jobs. Employment has grown fastest in the highest- and lowest-paying jobs. This article spells it out nicely.

http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2009/oldjobs-0310.html

The labor market shifts may indeed be causing that to occur. But that is not what we were discussing. You stated the Bush tax cuts shifted the tax burden to the middle class. They did not.

The labor market shifts may indeed be causing that to occur. But that is not what we were discussing. You stated the Bush tax cuts shifted the tax burden to the middle class. They did not.
It's a Myth. Kind of like when people try to use the Columbine thing to say Bullying is bad. Columbine had nothing to do with that.

In thousands of hours of tapes where klebold complained about everything from people driving slow in the fast lane to sticky notes he never once mentioned being bullied and in fact on the tapes it showed dylan and klebold (they don't deserve capitals) bullying others.

It's a Myth. Kind of like when people try to use the Columbine thing to say Bullying is bad. Columbine had nothing to do with that.

In thousands of hours of tapes where klebold complained about everything from people driving slow in the fast lane to sticky notes he never once mentioned being bullied and in fact on the tapes it showed dylan and klebold (they don't deserve capitals) bullying others.

Personally, I dont even use their names. They are Columbine asshole #1 and asshole #2. They do not deserve to have their names remembered.

I agree with the remainder. It was all done to push an agenda... which is truly a shame.

Barack Obama: Raise capital gains tax for fairness, not for revenue

Q: You favor an increase in the capital gains tax, saying, "I certainly would not go above what existed under Bill Clinton, which was 28%." It's now 15%. That's almost a doubling if you went to 28%. Bill Clinton dropped the capital gains tax to 20%, then George Bush has taken it down to 15%. And in each instance, when the rate dropped, revenues from the tax increased. And in the 1980s, when the tax was increased to 28%, the revenues went down.
A: What I've said is that I would look at raising the capital gains tax for purposes of fairness. The top 50 hedge fund managers made $29 billion last year--$29 billion for 50 individuals. Those who are able to work the stock market and amass huge fortunes on capital gains are paying a lower tax rate than their secretaries. That's not fair.

Q: But history shows that when you drop the capital gains tax, the revenues go up.

A: Well, that might happen or it might not. It depends on what's happening on Wall Street and how business is going.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Archive/2008_Dems_Philly_Tax_Reform.htm

Fine, if your all for lowering the capital gains tax how about lowering my payroll tax by half?

What exactly does it mean?
It means that people are so frustrated by the last administration they repeat meaningless phrases. The question is hardly worth posing, the answers by those who take it literally must be nonsense.

define for me what this is......

when people say they deserve their fair share.....

what exactly does that mean.....

everything i have i worked for and earned.....does that mean if someone sees what i have worked for they deserve an in kind share.....

do you have to work for your fair share or does the govt just give it to you....

is this like a spoiled screaming child throwing a fit till the get what they want....

Back