Farewell & adieu...

All you fair Spanish ladies, and the rest. Since Hillary ain't winning TX, I just wanted to sign off proper. I know there are a few left on here who have been around since the politics.com days...that's a pretty long damned time to go w/out saying fare thee well, even if it is just an internet message board.

It's strange to spend so much time on a board like this, but I do like talking politics. Amid the usual vitriol, insults and mindless chatter, there have been a lot of great discussions on this board, and I have really appreciated those. I can't say that anyone has ever actually presented something that changed my mind about anything, but just engaging in discussion and hearing other points of view has brought some clarity to my own thinking about a lot of issues. And it's always good to hear other opinions & the reasoning for them.

I bear Grind absolutely no ill will at all. I took the bet, and it's 100% on me that I'm likely getting banned tomorrow. I didn't have to say yes.

I honestly wish the best for everyone here. I'm switching over to sports message boards, so not sure if our paths will cross again on any other political boards, but I hope you all have healthy & happy lives. And, of course, make sure y'all get out & vote!

All you fair Spanish ladies, and the rest. Since Hillary ain't winning TX, I just wanted to sign off proper. I know there are a few left on here who have been around since the politics.com days...that's a pretty long damned time to go w/out saying fare thee well, even if it is just an internet message board.

It's strange to spend so much time on a board like this, but I do like talking politics. Amid the usual vitriol, insults and mindless chatter, there have been a lot of great discussions on this board, and I have really appreciated those. I can't say that anyone has ever actually presented something that changed my mind about anything, but just engaging in discussion and hearing other points of view has brought some clarity to my own thinking about a lot of issues. And it's always good to hear other opinions & the reasoning for them.

I bear Grind absolutely no ill will at all. I took the bet, and it's 100% on me that I'm likely getting banned tomorrow. I didn't have to say yes.

I honestly wish the best for everyone here. I'm switching over to sports message boards, so not sure if our paths will cross again on any other political boards, but I hope you all have healthy & happy lives. And, of course, make sure y'all get out & vote!

Hey, Lorax, if my guy wins, would it make you and Grind both off the hook?

:shots:

I am really sorry you are leaving, I am really sorry you took the bet. I am one who is going to miss you, terribly. The board loses big time with this bet.

Good riddance; as for changing your mind, no one can change a mind that has shut down and no longer has any reason or intelligence. :rofl2:

I am really sorry you are leaving, I am really sorry you took the bet. I am one who is going to miss you, terribly. The board loses big time with this bet.

There was no bet you ignorant twat; grind even rescinded it during that moronic thread discussion. Good lord, you people really are THAT Fing ignorant.

yes for the record in case anyone didn't see, I issued a pardon, because:

A) I actually like thing1, he has always been one of my favorite liberals since he's been lorax

B) The gloating I had with clinton losing satiated me.

However I must make one thing clear, I take bets seriously. If any of you ever make a ban bet with me in the future, don't expect I'll flake out and offer a pardon. I essentially let thing1 freeroll me, had he pulled off a miracle and clinton won texas I would have actually kept my word and banned myself. So basically I had a 8% of getting kicked with zero gain. -EV for me right there. I don't tend to make -ev bets.

So just keep that in mind

In spite of thing1 being a pain in my ass I know I can have a reasonable conversation with him, and as many noted the board would have been worse off without him.

Back