Favorite Quotes

"Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us happy"

Ben Franklin

Love your neighbor - but don't pull down your hedge.

Ben Franklin

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with inherent and inalienable rights; that among these, are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.
-- Declaration of Independence as originally written by Thomas Jefferson, 1776

"That place is so crowded nobody goes there anymore."

"A verbal agreement isn't worth the paper its written on."

- Yogi Berra

"There's no such thing as 1/3"

-Some Mongoloid.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
-- Thomas Jefferson

I don't believe in dying. It's been done. I'm working on a new exit. Besides, I can't die now - I'm booked.
George Burns

"Care more than some think is wise.
Risk more than some think is safe.
Dream more than some think is practical.
Expect more than some think is possible."
- Karen Watson, missionary killed in Iraq

(from my oldest son's Facebook)

"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug" ~Mark Twain

But while they prate of economic laws, men and women are starving. We must lay hold of the fact that economic laws are not made by nature. They are made by human beings.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Words for the Democrats ..since they own the House, The Senate and the Presidency:

Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan

He who knows not and knows not he knows not is a fool - Shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not is simple - Lead him.
He who knows and knows not he knows is asleep - Awaken him.
He who knows and knows he knows is wise - Follow him.

-Bruce Lee.

Guess which one Dixie is. LOL

Back