Favorite Quotes

He that is of the opinion money will do everything may well be suspected of doing everything for money.
-- Benjamin Franklin

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche

All truth is simple... is that not doubly a lie?
Friedrich Nietzsche

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.
Friedrich Nietzsche

The Christian resolution to find the world ugly and bad has made the world ugly and bad.
Friedrich Nietzsche

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
Friedrich Nietzsche

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
Friedrich Nietzsche

"In some remote corner of the universe, poured out and glittering in innumerable solar systems, there once was a star on which clever animals invented knowledge. That was the highest and most mendacious minute of "world history"—yet only a minute. After nature had drawn a few breaths the star grew cold, and the clever animals had to die."
—Friedrich Nietzsche

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
Patrick Henry

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!”
Samuel Adams

"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
George Washington

"Who are the militia? are they not ourselves.... Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American.... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Trench Coxe

"In the beginning, a patriot is a scarce man. He is hated and feared. But in time when his cause succeeds, the timid join him because then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
Mark Twain

"If you are not a liberal by the time you're twenty, you've got no heart, and you are not a conservative by the time you're thirty, you've got no brain."

Winston Churchill.

"Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none."

-Thomas Jefferson

"If you are not a liberal by the time you're twenty, you've got no heart, and you are not a conservative by the time you're thirty, you've got no brain."

Winston Churchill.

Winston Churchill didn't say that. That's a rumor intended to attach a great name to an idiotic quote.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
-- Sir Winston Churchill

Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events.
-- Sir Winston Churchill

"If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government --and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws."

-- Edward Abbey

"Abolition of a woman's right to abortion, when and if she wants it, amounts to compulsory maternity: a form of rape by the State."

-- Edward Abbey

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
Thomas Jefferson

Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.

Thomas Jefferson

"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable an ignorable war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." -- Albert Einstein

Everybody is talking about gun control. Got to control the guns. Fuck, that, I like guns. If you've got a gun, you don't need to work out! Cause, I ain't working out. I ain't jogging. No, I think we need some bullet control. I think every bullet should cost five thousand dollars. Five thousand dollars for a bullet. Know why? Cos if a bullet cost five thousand dollars, there'd be no more innocent by-standers. That'd be it. Some guy'd be shot you'd be all 'Damn, he must've done something, he's got fifty thousand dollars worth of bullets in his ass!' And people'd think before they shot someone 'Man I will blow your fucking head off, if I could afford it. I'm gonna get me a second job, start saving up, and you a dead man. You'd better hope I don't get no bullets on lay-away!' And even if you get shot you wouldn't need to go to the emergency room. Whoever shot you'd take their bullet back. 'I believe you got my property?'

Chris Rock

“Don't argue! You cannot win, you cannot beat a woman in a arguement. It's impossble you will not win. Cause men, we are handicapped when it comes to arguing cause we have a need to make sense”

Chris Rock

Everybody is talking about gun control. Got to control the guns. Fuck, that, I like guns. If you've got a gun, you don't need to work out! Cause, I ain't working out. I ain't jogging. No, I think we need some bullet control. I think every bullet should cost five thousand dollars. Five thousand dollars for a bullet. Know why? Cos if a bullet cost five thousand dollars, there'd be no more innocent by-standers. That'd be it. Some guy'd be shot you'd be all 'Damn, he must've done something, he's got fifty thousand dollars worth of bullets in his ass!' And people'd think before they shot someone 'Man I will blow your fucking head off, if I could afford it. I'm gonna get me a second job, start saving up, and you a dead man. You'd better hope I don't get no bullets on lay-away!' And even if you get shot you wouldn't need to go to the emergency room. Whoever shot you'd take their bullet back. 'I believe you got my property?'

Chris Rock

“Don't argue! You cannot win, you cannot beat a woman in a arguement. It's impossble you will not win. Cause men, we are handicapped when it comes to arguing cause we have a need to make sense”

Chris Rock
I am a huge fan of Mr. Rock

This is one of my favorites! I am also a huge fan, have all his stand up on dvd!

I am allergic to piety. It makes me break out in rash judgements. - Penn Jillette

I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure. - Clarence Darrow

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill

Only the dead have seen the end of the war. - Plato

Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead. - Benjamin Franklin

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help. - Ronald Reagan

It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand. - Mark Twain

She said she was approaching forty, and I couldn't help wondering from what direction. - Bob Hope

Back