Federal Judge oks Ten Commandments in front of county courthouse

Ah, the 'no true Scotsman' defense...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_scotsman

Whether you agree or not with Bush's religious sentiment there is little doubt he uses this to guide policy.

And Bush is merely the tip of the iceberg when it comes to religion influencing politics in the US.

From the Madrass-style religious universities to the requirement of overt faith for political office, the US is as influenced by religion as any ME country...

Last edited:
Ah, the 'no true Scotsman' defense...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_scotsman

Whether you agree or not with Bush's religious sentiment there is little doubt he uses this to guide policy.

And Bush is merely the tip of the iceberg when it comes to religion influencing politics in the US.

From the Madrass-style religious universities to the requirement of overt faith for political office, the US is as influenced by religion as any ME country...

he's allowed to ''use it'' as you say, to guide his policy..... that is not a theocracy, where we are forced to follow his one and only religion....

people that are athiests....i'm certain their beliefs would guide their own policy too...

the thing that is put under the spotlight is whether his policy is good policy for America...it doesn't matter where it comes from...or if it is bad policy for us Americans...

Last edited:
he's allowed to ''use it'' as you say, to guide his policy..... that is not a theocracy, where we are forced to follow his one and only religion....

I don't think the US is a theocracy, the devotion to religious mythology seems largely voluntary. I have my ideas as to why the US have a religious problem to such an extent but that is another matter.

The thing is, Bush and his admin use their 'faith' to guide policy, faith is an important part of US politics.

people that are athiests....i'm certain their beliefs would guide their own policy too...

When has the US had an openly atheist politician?

I don't think the US is a theocracy, the devotion to religious mythology seems largely voluntary. I have my ideas as to why the US have a religious problem to such an extent but that is another matter.

The thing is, Bush and his admin use their 'faith' to guide policy, faith is an important part of US politics.

When has the US had an openly atheist politician?

no, it isn't....

it may appear that way....but these DUDES are not religious in the least! they only use it, to get votes from the religious crowd then drop it the nanosecond the election is over....

they are no more religious than the devil himself!

it may appear that way....but these DUDES are not religious in the least! they only use it, to get votes from the religious crowd then drop it the nanosecond the election is over....

Whether they are religious or use religion, the influence of religion in US politics is very high...

they are no more religious than the devil himself!

The devil is religious, it is part of the Abrahamic religious mythology......

oh shut up! i could have used ''athiest'' instead of the devil, would that have been better? lol

;) Yes, considerably. You can't get a more religious figure than old [STRIKE]Santa[/STRIKE] Satan...

Back