Federal judge stops Biden admin from releasing migrants without setting court dates

ptif219

Verified User
Biden is not happy about this. No more catch and release they must have a court date before release

https://justthenews.com/government/...eleasing-migrants-without-setting-court-dates

A federal judge has barred the Biden administration from enacting policies to release migrants without setting court dates.Under the plan, should U.S. Customs and Border Protection struggle to accommodate a large influx of migrants, they may release migrants from custody on parole. A memo from the Border Patrol outlined the plan, Fox News reported.

But Judge T. Kent Wetherell II's Thursday evening decision means that the administration must wait two weeks before implementing that plan due to a judicial restraining order.

Florid Attorney General Ashley Moody had challenged the policy, asserting it was effectively the same approach as a policy Wetherell had already rejected in March, per the outlet.

Parole is process by which a migrant may receive a speedy release into the U.S. interior without receiving a court date to address their asylum claim. It is normally applied for emergency humanitarian reasons.

They interviewed one woman who got a court date for 2027...I'm sure she'll be there...

We have all been begging the Republicans for years to add more courts, so we can have quicker court dates, but they keep blocking it. This is now a 10 year old problem.

That being said, she will be well entrenched in American society, so will not miss that date easily.

We have all been begging the Republicans for years to add more courts, so we can have quicker court dates, but they keep blocking it. This is now a 10 year old problem.

That being said, she will be well entrenched in American society, so will not miss that date easily.
We shouldn't need to add more courts for that... We do need to hire some competent DAs and judges, though, for our criminal courts system....
It's not a Republican problem...And she won't keep that date...it was clear that she didn't intend to...;) This is Joe's fault...

We shouldn't need to add more courts for that.

And we have Top admitting that she supports extended court dates.

criminal courts system.

Actually, it is immigration court, but go on.

It's not a Republican problem.

Republicans refuse to allow the immigration courts to be fixed, because they say it is not their problem. Well then we should elect representatives who are willing to make it their problem to fix.

And we have Top admitting that she supports extended court dates.

Actually, it is immigration court, but go on.

Republicans refuse to allow the immigration courts to be fixed, because they say it is not their problem. Well then we should elect representatives who are willing to make it their problem to fix.
It isn't a Republican problem...and it's easily fixed, as you know...
Get the border under control...again...Because right now, no one's in charge...
I'm sure you're seeing the results of this disaster where you live, are you not? We are here....

We shouldn't need to add more courts for that... We do need to hire some competent DAs and judges, though, for our criminal courts system....
It's not a Republican problem...And she won't keep that date...it was clear that she didn't intend to...;) This is Joe's fault...

I welcome every refugee and demand immediate citizenship for any and all of them willing to immediately register as Democrats.

There seems to be no support for my wish to partition the nation.
The next best thing is to turn red states blue with the influx of Central American dissidents.
If they turn out to be problematic, we can worry about that after we've fixed the greater problem.

There are no moderate solutions to America's grossly immoderate deficiencies.
I have now, on my own. offered TWO radical but certain to be effective solutions.

They made a God out of Jesus for doing less than I've done already, unless you want to include that crucifixion thing.

So Republicans refuse to fix the immigration court problems, because they do not believe they are problems. OK, moving on.
It's not a Republican problem...there would be no immigration court problems if the borders were under control...Which they are not...You're be doing a lot of "moving on" if you're not going to be realistic...

If the border wasn't open and illegal entry was criminally enforced, it wouldn't be a problem. Decades ago, the Yuma sector stopped doing catch and release and instead started jailing crossers until their court date where if found guilty they were deported. Crossings dropped by 90% in that sector of the border overnight.

Biden created the current mess and the courts are overwhelmed because of Biden's actions in good part.

If the border was open, we would not need to process all these people. In other words, you are full of garbage.

Biden wrote an order to stop processing them and release them into the US. A federal judge quashed it for the moment, but my guess is the Joke administration will simply ignore that and do it anyway...

Biden admin to allow for the release of some migrants into the U.S. with no way to track them
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/biden-admin-plans-order-release-migrants-us-no-way-track-rcna83704

Florida judge blocks Biden administration from releasing migrants without court notices
https://nypost.com/2023/05/11/flori...rom-releasing-migrants-without-court-notices/

So, by the standard YOU set, the border's open.

Back