Finally Obama reacts!

Little-Acorn

gm080501.jpg

Why do you think al-Qaeda attacked us?

Try to answer without using any variation of the phrase "They hate us for our freedoms."

Last edited:
I seriously don't get how anyone thinks America ISN'T to blame for 9/11.

We obviously are "to blame" since they attacked us for some reason or something they didn't like about us. But the question is, is that something justified? I think you'll get different answers from different people on this.

We obviously are "to blame" since they attacked us for some reason or something they didn't like about us. But the question is, is that something justified? I think you'll get different answers from different people on this.

I thought the perps already made it pretty clear why they attacked America. Who are we to second guess the ones who planned it? Do you think it was a diversion and they are just trying to throw us off track?

True. Personally I don't think our historical actions or theirs on 9/11 were justified in any sense other than that we were both capable of performing them.

Morally, supporting ME dictators who killed thousands and supporting terrorists who killed thousands on 9/11 is at the very least morally equivalent.

My point is that many neocons seem to think we were sitting around minding our own business since 1776, and then for no reason these guys started picking on us.

That is not the truth. We have been involved in imperialist efforts to secure oil supplies since the end of WWII.

In the Middle East we have propped up dictators, sanctioning the murder of hundreds of thousands, supplied weapons to terrorists, and generally done anything we could to keep the region in line.

I'm not shocked we were attacked, I'm shocked it didn't happen 30 years before. It was inevitable that our actions would come back to haunt us.

Pretending that we are completely innocent is naive at best.

Funny. Of course, it ignores the fact that he condemned Wright's remarks as well as Farakhan repeatedly, and without any doubt, prior to last week's statement.

The cartoon is funny. It just shows that Obama is a typical politician.

What is not funny is the refusal of the idiot right to understand that America was not always saintly in our efforts in the ME.

I can't remember who, but someone had a great thread once basically stating that motivation is NOT justification.

Quite a few on the right, particularly the talk radio/pundit crew, think they are one in the same, so, when someone tries to argue correctly that our actions over 4 decades in that region have motivated the current terrorist movement there to attack us, they think that it's an attempt to justify it, and to "defend" the terrorists.

I don't think terrorism is ever justified - whether it's 9/11 or Nagasaki. But it's clear as day that our actions have motivated the attacks against us.

I can't remember who, but someone had a great thread once basically stating that motivation is NOT justification.

Quite a few on the right, particularly the talk radio/pundit crew, think they are one in the same, so, when someone tries to argue correctly that our actions over 4 decades in that region have motivated the current terrorist movement there to attack us, they think that it's an attempt to justify it, and to "defend" the terrorists.

I don't think terrorism is ever justified - whether it's 9/11 or Nagasaki. But it's clear as day that our actions have motivated the attacks against us.

Knowing the motivations of your enemys attack on you is what smart people do.

Pretending that learning about those motivations, discussing them and using them to understand the best course of action is justifying your enemies thought process is what idiots do.

Knowing the motivations of your enemys attack on you is what smart people do.

Pretending that learning about those motivations, discussing them and using them to understand the best course of action is justifying your enemies thought process is what idiots do.

It's the old "they hate us for our freedoms" BS. It ticks me off, because it prevents an honest discussion on terrorism & national security.

By the way Acorn, I notice you still haven't responded.

Try to answer without using any variation of the phrase "They hate us for our freedoms."

Actually..............

They attacked us because of enablers like you...think about it eppi!

Because we are the "Great Satan!" and stuff... And we wear jeans and let girls drive.... and... and...

Back