First sedition indictment of a January 6th rioter.

thanks for admitting you haven't got a chance in hell of convicting Trump for sedition......
PostmodernProphet, (1) Once a single January 6th rioter is convicted for sedition,* we've established the federal court's determination that the besieging of the Capitol Building were seditious crimes;
(2) There's videos of Trump's speech within which he urged the crowd to go to the Capitol building and to the Senate;
(3) What's left is to prove Trump knew, or had good reason to know*and believe there were substantial numbers of people in the crowd who were*armed and/or in any manner likely to grievously behave violently.

Someone I correspond with wrote, "Mark Meadows aid and other have testified Trump was told the rioters were armed by the Secret Service. Those aides allege Trump replied “they’re not here to hurt me, let them in (to the protest event prior to the riot)”. He was unperturbed by the possibility of armed riots bc he wasn’t the target".

I'd bet in favor of the Department of Justice's lawyers who filed the first 11 indictments for seditious crimes against the United States committed on January 6, 2021. They wouldn't bring the case to court if they didn't believe they' could convince a jury of the 11's guilt.
There' apparently a good case to be made against ex-president Donald Trump. If the Department of Justice ever files charges against Trump, I believe they would be reasonably confident that they could convince a jury of Trump's guilt. I wouldn't bet against the Justice Department if they ever indict Trump. Respectfully, Supposn

Last edited:
Hello Supposn,

I am already satisfied that Donald Trump committed numerous crimes. Just waiting for him to get what's coming.

It needs to be done to repudiate the entire American right wing hate movement.

It also must be done to show would-be future Trumps, and the rest of the world as well, that we will not tolerate fascism and let crime go unpunished. It is literally a matter of national security. Show the world that we fear a criminal would-be dictator and his slavering Cult, and they will see us as weak. Too weak, maybe, to withstand an attack.

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

It also must be done to show would-be future Trumps, and the rest of the world as well, that we will not tolerate fascism and let crime go unpunished. It is literally a matter of national security. Show the world that we fear a criminal would-be dictator and his slavering Cult, and they will see us as weak. Too weak, maybe, to withstand an attack.

Spot on. Totally agree. This kind of affront is not something which can be let go without paying a dear price. To do so encourages more and worse.

Trump's supporters think we want this for political reasons, just to attack him or stop his 'success.'

No. That is not it at all. I wish he had never done anything wrong. But he has and the wheels of justice must turn. Not simply to punish him, but to set the proper example.

Such behavior cannot be tolerated in a democratic republic. It is injurious to the viability of the nation. People must have confidence in our institutions and in the institution of government. Even if they disagree with some of what government does.

How could anyone possibly think government will always do everything they want?

Or everything any one person wants?

Back