Food prices soar as incomes stand still

katsung47

Verified User

By/Michelle Miller/CBS News/February 15, 2014, 8:02 PM

It's is not her imagination. While the government says prices are up 6.4 percent since 2011, chicken is up 18.4 percent, ground beef is up 16.8 percent and bacon has skyrocketed up 22.8 percent, making it a holiday when it's on sale.
"Oh my god!" Singer said as she spied bacon for $3.

"The things that are going up in price are the things I absolutely need to buy," she said. "It's the meat, it's the milk, it's the eggs and it's getting out of hand."
Food inflation is far greater than the government thinks it is," he said.

But the big problem for families: Wages are not budging.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/food-prices-soar-as-incomes-stand-still/

People try to understand inflation but it's way more simple than anything I've read. The rich keep demanding more for products but don't pay their workers anymore. That was INFLATION explained in 1 sentence.

The rich are keeping the extra profits and hoping Fox News can convince the small brain middle class that they are poor because someone on a YouTube video is abusing the Welfare system.

Corporate profits are at an all time high, workers wages are at an all time low. Hello next depression.

It's is not her imagination. While the government says prices are up 6.4 percent since 2011, chicken is up 18.4 percent, ground beef is up 16.8 percent and bacon has skyrocketed up 22.8 percent, making it a holiday when it's on sale.

"The things that are going up in price are the things I absolutely need to buy," she said. "It's the meat, it's the milk, it's the eggs and it's getting out of hand."

Obamanomics sucks, huh?

People try to understand inflation but it's way more simple than anything I've read. The rich keep demanding more for products but don't pay their workers anymore. That was INFLATION explained in 1 sentence.

The rich are keeping the extra profits and hoping Fox News can convince the small brain middle class that they are poor because someone on a YouTube video is abusing the Welfare system.

Corporate profits are at an all time high, workers wages are at an all time low. Hello next depression.

Actually Goober inflation is too much money chasing too few goods. You can thank QE1, QE2, & QE3 and your beloved Federal Reserve, G. W. Bush & Barrack Obama for that. FOX NEWS ISN'T the fucking government Goober.

And what is the current status of welfare costs? Are they also at an all-time high?

And for the record, did you know corporations are not allowed to keep profits longer than 1 year? If they do they are subjected to yet another corporate tax, the accrued earnings tax.

And what is the current status of welfare costs? Are they also at an all-time high?

And for the record, did you know corporations are not allowed to keep profits longer than 1 year? If they do they are subjected to yet another corporate tax, the accrued earnings tax.

That's why so much of the profits are being kept out of the country though, isn't it douchenozzle?

Actually Goober inflation is too much money chasing too few goods. You can thank QE1, QE2, & QE3 and your beloved Federal Reserve, G. W. Bush & Barrack Obama for that. FOX NEWS ISN'T the fucking government Goober.

You're right, Obama did re-appoint Bernake :palm: Admit it though, increasing the money supply hurts the poor far more than the wealthy, and restricting the money supply didn't work out that well the last time did it?

It isn't far greater than the government "thinks" it is. It us far greater than the government is TELLING you it is. There is a difference.

In the 90s the Clinton administration decided to change how inflation is calculated so the rubes can be fooled. Can't have a repeat of the 70s.

You don't understand inflation. How very sad for you. You are uneducable

That's why so much of the profits are being kept out of the country though, isn't it douchenozzle?

What a shocker! Business-friendly nations attract businesses.

That's no great shocker, Sphincter-scout. The obvious conclusion to be drawn from the left's demonizing of industry is that they actually hope to drive them all out of the country, create mass government dependency, and deflate America's standing in the world.

The cause-and-effect are plainly obvious even to the most feeble-minded, such as yourself.

Actually Cheney opened the door to food cost inflation with his secret energy meeting, and you certainly can't blame Obama for wages that have been stagnant for 15 years.

Another accusation without evidence. Dick Cheney is responsible for food inflation and Barrack Obama is responsible for nothing? Bet you're not a right-winger, huh Goober?

You're right, Obama did re-appoint Bernake :palm: Admit it though, increasing the money supply hurts the poor far more than the wealthy, and restricting the money supply didn't work out that well the last time did it?

Which ”last time?”

The only folks that end up actually profiting in the long run I can think of are the ones that buy gold and silver while the morons are inflating the economy with fiat monopoly money.

Back