For Darla: Losing jobs in unequal numbers

Well the best thing to do is just keep supporting politicians who will increase taxes and regulations, job-creating businesses love that. Oh yeah and make sure to go on even bigger government spending sprees to really boost confidence in the dollar.

But now, you can give corporations money to operate, and they will still use foreign labor. It is no longer the case that what is good for american corporations is good for americans. Your arguments used to make sense when it was assumed that american companies would hire americans.

PROTECTIONISM NOW!

I see that usc and dh already have figured out why this is.

More importantly, the jobs report that came out today really shook me. I hope I wasn't too quick to leave my job, because if my work dries up next year, I won't be able to get a job. I don't know, it's just crazy. I got a call from a friend from one of my networking groups this morning, and he directed me to a large engineering company who he knows the head of for years. She's a woman, which is cool. Anyway, she needs a pretty decent amount of copywriting. I can't believe how lucky I've been, but with job reports like this coming out...I don't know if anyone's luck can hold.

Actually, as an independent contractor paid on a per-project basis, you're probably in a far better position right now than someone who works for continuing salary and benefits. It took a lot of guts to do what you did and I applaud you for it. This could have some unanticipated benefits in these times.

Actually, as an independent contractor paid on a per-project basis, you're probably in a far better position right now than someone who works for continuing salary and benefits. It took a lot of guts to do what you did and I applaud you for it. This could have some unanticipated benefits in these times.

That's the bright side...thanks Thorn!

Well the best thing to do is just keep supporting politicians who will increase taxes and regulations, job-creating businesses love that. Oh yeah and make sure to go on even bigger government spending sprees to really boost confidence in the dollar.

You mean like Bush and the Republicans in congress ?

We all know the dems were supposed to do this but the repubs ?
And I will bet you still voted for them in November too ?

Last edited:
But now, you can give corporations money to operate, and they will still use foreign labor. It is no longer the case that what is good for american corporations is good for americans. Your arguments used to make sense when it was assumed that american companies would hire americans.

PROTECTIONISM NOW!

RACISM NOW!

Because taxes and high regulation ARE causes and they COME from Liberals.
Start by repealing Sarbanes-Oxley.

Why don't we just reinstate slavery, except have corporations be the slavers and you and me the slaves? The market will work perfectly well. Better working slaves will be given more scraps at the table and be worth more at the next slave auction, so you cannot justify not doing this.

Yep.

Plus women are more likely to bring in a batch of homade cookies and such.

Aint that the truth. I work on a female dominated environment. All their homey nesting behavior drives me up a freaking wall. There's only about 2 of the 30 that I work with that can carry a conversation farther than two sentences with out mentioning their kids. Then there's the b-day celebrations. They decorated my office on my b-day last year with some elementary school paper mache and glitter shit, I tried my best to be gracious about it, but it was obvious to anyone that I was royally pissed off. Last week they had a diaper shower for one of the knocked up honey's. They got pissed off cause I bought her a good cigar and a bottle of whiskey and boy they let me know what a royal asshole I was.

Funny thing was Prego came over later and thanked me. She's an ex marine and shitty diapers aren't her idea of a good time either. As she said, as soon as she squats and drops the little sprog, she's gonna spark up that stogie and have a stiff belt. Now why can't all women be as congenial to work with as "Ole Gunny", as I call her?

Aint that the truth. I work on a female dominated environment. All their homey nesting behavior drives me up a freaking wall. There's only about 2 of the 30 that I work with that can carry a conversation farther than two sentences with out mentioning their kids. Then there's the b-day celebrations. They decorated my office on my b-day last year with some elementary school paper mache and glitter shit, I tried my best to be gracious about it, but it was obvious to anyone that I was royally pissed off. Last week they had a diaper shower for one of the knocked up honey's. They got pissed off cause I bought her a good cigar and a bottle of whiskey and boy they let me know what a royal asshole I was.

Funny thing was Prego came over later and thanked me. She's an ex marine and shitty diapers aren't her idea of a good time either. As she said, as soon as she squats and drops the little sprog, she's gonna spark up that stogie and have a stiff belt. Now why can't all women be as congenial to work with as "Ole Gunny", as I call her?
For the love of god tell her to put that cigar in a tupperware container with a damp papertowel so that it stays fresh until she pops.

Back