For OH & TX: meet your nominee

If McCain wins in the fall I will likely just give up on the USA and sit back and watch it's demise without any more voting.

I had a similar feeling watching Hillary win last night. I've really had it with voters, and the crap they continually fall for. By & large, I believe we live in a really stupid country, at least as far as the voting populace is concerned.

I was thinking New Zealand this morning. Buy a small farm, raise some goats. Never read U.S. news. It sounded good.

I had a similar feeling watching Hillary win last night. I've really had it with voters, and the crap they continually fall for. By & large, I believe we live in a really stupid country, at least as far as the voting populace is concerned.

I was thinking New Zealand this morning. Buy a small farm, raise some goats. Never read U.S. news. It sounded good.

I am too old for NZ to tke me, already checked...
I have enough gold to live out my life in a worst case scenario.
plenty of ammo for my guns too.
Maybe I could find a little cabin in Idaho ? :D

Surely there will be someone to come along and inspire you to vote uscitizen. I can never give up looking for someone to inspire me to vote for them. Every once in a milllenium a good candidate will come along.

Surely there will be someone to come along and inspire you to vote uscitizen. I can never give up looking for someone to inspire me to vote for them. Every once in a milllenium a good candidate will come along.

Perhaps, one can hope. Not sure if I will be here for another millineium though.
I am beginning to understand how people in third world countries feel with no control over their govt or industry.

I am too old for NZ to tke me, already checked...
I have enough gold to live out my life in a worst case scenario.
plenty of ammo for my guns too.
Maybe I could find a little cabin in Idaho ? :D

Yeah, if I have to live "somewhere else" it needs to be someplace I can take my guns and fishing poles and do a little hunting and fishing. That is the extent of the entertainment that I look for in retirement.

Last edited:
Yeah, if I have to live "somewhere else" it needs to be someplace I can take my guns fishing poles and do a little hunting and fishing. That is the extent of the entertainment that I look for in retirement.

I guess I should just look farther back into the hills of eastern KY. I fit in there better than in the toe tapper/morman state of ID.
heck they even talk like I do :) It is just that most of them are pretty redneck and too easially misled.

Onceler, if I may play devil's advocate is there really any other viable option we as voters have other than not voting? I would say we as voters should not accept negative campaigning etc. but that's been around since our country's founding. I don't see that changing.

Sorry getting cut off here.

"is there really any other viable option we as voters have other than not voting?"

It's case-by-case. Democrat voters, yesterday, had the option of understanding mathematics, understanding why Limbaugh was urging listeners to vote Hillary, and reject the fear & distortion campaign of Hillary Clinton. They didn't.

That's stupid, by any measure. Maybe I sound arrogant or elitist, but I'd love to hear one of these people explain to me why a vote for Hillary "made sense" for Democrats yesterday.

"is there really any other viable option we as voters have other than not voting?"

It's case-by-case. Democrat voters, yesterday, had the option of understanding mathematics, understanding why Limbaugh was urging listeners to vote Hillary, and reject the fear & distortion campaign of Hillary Clinton. They didn't.

That's stupid, by any measure. Maybe I sound arrogant or elitist, but I'd love to hear one of these people explain to me why a vote for Hillary "made sense" for Democrats yesterday.

Lorax, I can't answer for Ohio but I think I get a sense of the Texas voters ideas. First let me say that I don't think you are being elitist in the sense that Jarod was in our conversation a few weeks back. To judge the decision of the voter as being stupid is not the same as judging the voter to make that decision based on a lack of education.

As far as voting for Hillary, I think, once again, you see a difference in the democrats around here and the democrats of the West and East. Many of the democrats around here voted for Hillary because she is seen as the more conservative candidate (and rightly so, IMO) when compared to Obama. Several of these same democrats will be voting for McCain in the general election in November anyway. If Hillary or Obama (whomhever is the candidate) carries Texas then I'll be greatly surprised. The margin of victory she had in Texas might have come from some of her negative campaigning but that isn't the bulk of her support here. She would have had that core 40-45 percent regardless. Heck, my wife even voted for her on the 1st Super Tuesday......while I voted for Richardson.

That is the best that I can do. I just know that I am as disallusioned as the next guy about our choices for president so I kinda understand how you feel.

She gained no ground on him and she thinks she is the big winner?
I don't know Desh, I think that the "Kitchen Sink" plan had some legs. While I think Obama needs to stay above the fray, his surrogates need to start reminding people of people buying a night in the Lincoln Bedroom, travel gate, Rose law firm files etc. I hate to say it works but what the hell "It works!"

don't forget that the "Ranger" level donors got visits to the WH and access to congress and such too.

all corrupt trash.

don't forget that the "Ranger" level donors got visits to the WH and access to congress and such too.

all corrupt trash.
when your opponent pulls your hair in a fight gouge his eyes. Time for Obama to play in the mud with the other kids.

when your opponent pulls your hair in a fight gouge his eyes. Time for Obama to play in the mud with the other kids.

I hope he does not.

Anyway I think it is somewhat a moot point because whichever party wins this time will not win next time as all the bad economic stuff coming will be blamed on whichever party wins in NOV.

I hope he does not.

Anyway I think it is somewhat a moot point because whichever party wins this time will not win next time as all the bad economic stuff coming will be blamed on whichever party wins in NOV.

Damn Ms. Pesimist, you act like the U.S. economy has never encountered a downturn before. The economy is resiliant and will bounce back.

Damn Ms. Pesimist, you act like the U.S. economy has never encountered a downturn before. The economy is resiliant and will bounce back.

Yep it will bounce back, the only questions are how low it will go first and how long till it bounces back.
Also the global effect / involvement is much deeper now than anytime before.
the old rules do not apply in the same way as they did in the past.
also I suspect that it will never bounce back like it did. Just an inevitable effect of globalization.

And some areas of the country did not recover for another 10-20 years after the rest of the country from the 29 crash.

Back