Former Miss. governer commits political suicide

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=7814430&nav=5kZQ

Mississippi's former Governor backs Obama

February 2, 2008

Albany -- Another politician backing Barack Obama's campaign was in Albany Saturday night.

Former Governor of Mississippi Ray Mabus has been traveling throughout the Southeast providing support for Barack Obama before Super Tuesday.

Saturday night he made a stop in Albany to continue the Obama for America campaign.

"Number one, I thought he would be the best democrat to carry the South and do well in places like Georgia and Mississippi. But number two he is the one person who I see can reach across divisions that have been driven between us," said Mabus.

Ray Mabus has been working for Obama's campaign for the past year. Congressman Sanford Bishop was also at Obama's headquarters Saturday night.

Uhh I would call it political suicide for a DEMOCRATIC former Gov., in a state where the majority of self-identified Democrats and 37% of the electorate is black, for said Governor to OPPOSE an Obama nomination.

Uhh I would call it political suicide for a DEMOCRATIC former Gov., in a state where the majority of self-identified Democrats and 37% of the electorate is black, for said Governor to OPPOSE an Obama nomination.

Ray Mabus supports a liberal. Obama will pick up the black vote but he will lose Mississippi 37% to 63%.

This state is about as Democratic as shit. The only reason anyone votes Democratic is because a lot of important local elections happen on that ticket, however, there's a big-ass difference between a Mississippi Democrat and a sane Democrat.

I like Obama, but this not at all surprising.

I'm sure you can see why. Alabama Democrats have been stumbling over themselves to support Obama.

US Rep. Artur Davis (D-AL) was one of THE earliest Obama supporters for the same reason: His political futures as a Southern Democrat are inextricably tied to his support among black voters.

By the way calling Obama a liberal is not ultra-helpful.

I like Obama, but this not at all surprising.

I'm sure you can see why. Alabama Democrats have been stumbling over themselves to support Obama.

US Rep. Artur Davis (D-AL) was one of THE earliest Obama supporters for the same reason: His political futures as a Southern Democrat are inextricably tied to his support among black voters.

By the way calling Obama a liberal is not ultra-helpful.

Artur Davis, huh?

I wonder why that is!

160px-Artur_Davis%2C_official_photo_portrait%2C_color.jpg

I know that there are a lot of blacks in Mississippi that vote, but blacks don't matter, because they are not a majority and the whites think with an almost creepily simialar hive mind. Even if the blacks were 49% there votes wouldn't make a difference. For instance, there is one congressional district in my state that is majority black. That always goes to the Democrats by a large margin. But the whites in the state vote by an even larger margin for Republicans everywhere else. The blacks can complete locally, but they are irrelevant on a statewide vote. All of the statewide offices in Mississippi belong to whites Republicans or white conservative Democrats who may as well be Republican.

And there's no shame in being a liberal, only shame in being a conservative (or an embarrassed one that tries to sell his name under libertarianism).

MIss has the largest percentage of black in the population of any state. At a bit less than 40% I think.

Statewide officeholders in Mississippi:

167px-Haley_Barbour_at_FEMA_conference%2C_Apr_14%2C_2006.jpg

bryant.jpg

TateBW.jpg

sg.htm5.jpg

hosemann07.jpg

spickering.jpg

chaney.jpg

160px-Roger_Wicker,_official_Congressional_photo_portrait.jpg

thadcochran.jpg

Beginning to notice a pattern?

Mississippi is 37% black, but it's pretty fucking hard to tell.

Artur Davis, huh?

I wonder why that is!

160px-Artur_Davis%2C_official_photo_portrait%2C_color.jpg

I know that there are a lot of blacks in Mississippi that vote, but blacks don't matter, because they are not a majority and the whites think with an almost creepily simialar hive mind. Even if the blacks were 49% there votes wouldn't make a difference. For instance, there is one congressional district in my state that is majority black. That always goes to the Democrats by a large margin. But the whites in the state vote by an even larger margin for Republicans everywhere else. The blacks can complete locally, but they are irrelevant on a statewide vote. All of the statewide offices in Mississippi belong to whites Republicans or white conservative Democrats who may as well be Republican.

And there's no shame in being a liberal, only shame in being a conservative (or an embarrassed one that tries to sell his name under libertarianism).

Well we have a Democratic dominated legislature thanks to our sizeable black population.

Guess your blacks need to get it together or your whites need to chill on the gerrymandering.

By the way, it's vaguely racist to post a picture of of a black guy with a comment like "LOLLLZ GEE WONDER WHY A DARKIE WOULD VOTE FOR ANOTHER DARKIE@!!!!!!!!!1111SHIFT1"

Well we have a Democratic dominated legislature thanks to our sizeable black population.

Guess your blacks need to get it together or your whites need to chill on the gerrymandering.

By the way, it's vaguely racist to post a picture of of a black guy with a comment like "LOLLLZ GEE WONDER WHY A DARKIE WOULD VOTE FOR ANOTHER DARKIE@!!!!!!!!!1111SHIFT1"

It's vaguely racist to be a conservative white Republican.

Statewide officeholders in Mississippi:

167px-Haley_Barbour_at_FEMA_conference%2C_Apr_14%2C_2006.jpg

bryant.jpg

TateBW.jpg

sg.htm5.jpg

hosemann07.jpg

spickering.jpg

chaney.jpg

160px-Roger_Wicker,_official_Congressional_photo_portrait.jpg

thadcochran.jpg

Beginning to notice a pattern?

Mississippi is 37% black, but it's pretty fucking hard to tell.
I have no idea why any free thinking, open minded person would continue to live in Mississippi. I would get on Monster.com and find a job somewhere else and leave those people that believe Dinosaurs and Man lived together when the earth was formed 6000 years ago to live in ignorant bliss for the rest of their days.

I have no idea why any free thinking, open minded person would continue to live in Mississippi. I would get on Monster.com and find a job somewhere else and leave those people that believe Dinosaurs and Man lived together when the earth was formed 6000 years ago to live in ignorant bliss for the rest of their days.

My band director (who's a moderate Democrat) mentioned global warming passively the other day and got boos and hisses.

What I notice is a pattern of simply skipping people like:

Rep. Bennie Thompson

While adding people like Haley Barbour so that you can make it wholly white.

That's the pattern I notice.

What I notice is a pattern of simply skipping people like:

Rep. Bennie Thompson

While adding people like Haley Barbour so that you can make it wholly white.

That's the pattern I notice.

Quote:

"Statewide officeholders in Mississippi"

Bennie Thompsons district is 60% black, of course they would elect a black man.

With Amy Tuck (a white female) leaving, all statewide officeholders in Mississippi are white males, and all but one is a Republican (the Democrat is still a conservative).

Quote:

"Statewide officeholders in Mississippi"

Bennie Thompsons district is 60% black, of course they would elect a black man.

With Amy Tuck (a white female) leaving, all statewide officeholders in Mississippi are white males, and all but one is a Republican (the Democrat is still a conservative).
So, it's all good for you to use a Senator, like Haley Barbour, but I am supposed to follow what you didn't?

Don't be so disingenuous.

Back