Former Miss. governer commits political suicide

So, it's all good for you to use a Senator, like Haley Barbour, but I am supposed to follow what you didn't?

Don't be so disingenuous.

It says at the top of the page that I'm only including statewide officeholders. Senators/governers/auditors etc... are statewide officeholders. Congressmen aren't. Pretty obvious.

It says at the top of the page that I'm only including statewide officeholders. Senators/governers/auditors etc... are statewide officeholders. Congressmen aren't. Pretty obvious.
Ahhh... I see. So, even though he is listed as a Mississippi Congressperson, you just wanted to exclude him. Sad.

What part of STATEWIDE don't you get Damo. EVery person Water mentioned is a person that appears on the ballot from border to border north South East and West. Congress members aren't voted on by EVERYONE in the state. That is the point he is making. If a person is to run successfully in a STATEWIDE election they have to be white. The house members only run in their district. You do know how this works right. Should we go to YouTube and find a school house rock for you?

What part of STATEWIDE don't you get Damo. EVery person Water mentioned is a person that appears on the ballot from border to border north South East and West. Congress members aren't voted on by EVERYONE in the state. That is the point he is making. If a person is to run successfully in a STATEWIDE election they have to be white. The house members only run in their district. You do know how this works right. Should we go to YouTube and find a school house rock for you?
I understand his assertion, and I understand that he made it in such a way to show exactly what he wanted it to show. This particular term all of them are white men. That, of course, was a lie last term, and the term before that... But THIS time, and while Lott is still listed as the Senator, it is accurate. Therefore, and because you repeated it, it must mean that you cannot get elected unless you are a white man in Mississippi, except in almost all other terms than this one.

The pattern I noticed is EMO-boy going all emotive and "angry" and somebody jumping in because they want it to appear as Watermark attempted to show it.

I don't know why it is so important other than to give an excuse why people won't vote for Barack in a statewide election. Are people already looking for excuses other than the policy? Why?

I understand his assertion, and I understand that he made it in such a way to show exactly what he wanted it to show.

A list of people other than those elected on a statewide basis would be useless to my purpose, which is to state that the state as a whole won't, and never has voted for, a black man into statewide office (since reconstruction).

This particular term all of them are white men. That, of course, was a lie last term, and the term before that...

Yeah, I noted that there was a single white woman last term, didn't I?
But THIS time, and while Lott is still listed as the Senator, it is accurate.

It has always been accurate. Last term I could still show pictures of an all white statewide delegation. Then again, Amy Lott was probably only elected because her opponent was black.

Therefore, and because you repeated it, it must mean that you cannot get elected unless you are a white man in Mississippi, except in almost all other terms than this one.

You can't get elected unless you're white in Mississippi, and it's very difficult for women, also.
The pattern I noticed is EMO-boy going all emotive and "angry" and somebody jumping in because they want it to appear as Watermark attempted to show it.

The pattern I notice is you going through ridiculous posturing to try and present Mississippi as nonracist. Why is this? Beecause they vote for your favorite conservative candidate every election. Well Damo, you have the support of racists, I hope you are proud of it. People like you are what sold the heart and soul of the Republican party to the devil. You sacrificed everything the party meant to get the support of white southerners.

In the state with the largest black population, there are no statewide black officeholders. And there have only ever been two woman statewide officeholders, both white.

I don't know why it is so important other than to give an excuse why people won't vote for Barack in a statewide election. Are people already looking for excuses other than the policy? Why?

Conversation with average Mississippian concerning Barack Obama:

"ZOMG HE WNATS TO ABORT BABIES AND HE'S A MUSLICM?! ZOMG?!"

Last edited:
To include Bennie Thompson on the list, I would have to expand my selection to statewide/federal officeholders. That would mean that out of 20 or so statewide/federal officeholders, one is black, in a state that is 37% black by population. And he's elected in a district that is majority black, a district that only even exists because the legislature is required by federal law to draw at least one district that isn't gerrymandered towards white conservatives.

That information is pretty goddamn useless to advancing your slick purpose, Damo. In fact, if anything, it hurts it.

Actually this is yet another indicator that America has moved away from the knuckleheads on the right .. even in Mississippi.

Wonders never cease.

Like I said, all smart people should move from Mississippi. They probably wouldn't even notice they were gone.

I think we should flood Mississippi with smart people. If we take 3 million liberals from Massachusettes and throw them in Mississippi, Mass. will still be liberal, and Mississippi will be taken over. Two more senate seats.

I think we should flood Mississippi with smart people. If we take 3 million liberals from Massachusettes and throw them in Mississippi, Mass. will still be liberal, and Mississippi will be taken over. Two more senate seats.

lol.

It'll be the "Welfare State Project"!

Name Trademarked.

:)

A list of people other than those elected on a statewide basis would be useless to my purpose, which is to state that the state as a whole won't, and never has voted for, a black man into statewide office (since reconstruction).

It has always been accurate. Last term I could still show pictures of an all white statewide delegation. Then again, Amy Lott was probably only elected because her opponent was black.

You can't get elected unless you're white in Mississippi, and it's very difficult for women, also.

The pattern I notice is you going through ridiculous posturing to try and present Mississippi as nonracist. Why is this? Beecause they vote for your favorite conservative candidate every election. Well Damo, you have the support of racists, I hope you are proud of it. People like you are what sold the heart and soul of the Republican party to the devil. You sacrificed everything the party meant to get the support of white southerners.

In the state with the largest black population, there are no statewide black officeholders. And there have only ever been two woman statewide officeholders, both white.

No, it's because I grow tired of hearing how much you hate things. It's not an argument.

Again right here you say that if you are not white you can't get elected (general not "statewide") then when I point out that it isn't true because there is a black Congressman (one of four, 25% of their Congressional representation) you then say, "I said statewide!" But you didn't. I can even bold the place in this where you said, "You can't get elected unless you're white in Mississippi," (Notice the missing "statewide" in that statement and the reason for my suggestion that you were 'wrong' when I pointed out that you can get elected if you are black because somebody has... imagine that...)

Fine, you said statewide. Likely you are right, except the past two delegations were not all white men (what you said the first time) and now you change what you said again to include women (didn't in the original blanket statement). This one delegation does magically support exactly what you said before, but not the previous two delegations sent to DC. (If you only look at statewide, yes they are always white, but not always men as was first stated.)

Either be more accurate in actual statements, or expect me (engineer's mind) to wonder at your accuracy. It happens regardless of which side makes statements like that. Much like the "Are they born gay" idiocy that matters nothing to people's rights.

Your point is that it is tough for black people to get elected in a statewide election, even impossible. I don't think it is. I think Obama stands a chance, even in Mississippi.

No, it's because I grow tired of hearing how much you hate things. It's not an argument.

I love everything.

Again right here you say that if you are not white you can't get elected (general not "statewide")

It says right up there "Statewide". I'm sorry if in the middle of one of my arguments, somewhere in a random ass place here, I made a generalization, but whenever I headlined it I specifically said statewide. In fact, whenever you mentioned Bennie Thompson, you were quoting me where it says, at the top of the pictures "Statewide officeholders in Mississippi". Quit being disingenous.

then when I point out that it isn't true because there is a black Congressman

Then you continue to ignore that he wasn't elected by the majority of Mississippians, he was elected in a district that was specifically designed to produce a black winner.
(one of four, 25% of their Congressional representation) you then say, "I said statewide!" But you didn't.

Wow, Soc must've been reading an entirely different thread!

I can even bold the place in this where you said, "You can't get elected unless you're white in Mississippi,"

Yep, I guess I did make a generalization somewhere in a 300 words statement that mostly didn't have to do with the subject, and now you're pulling it out as if it's the God of everything I've ever said on this planet. That is a typical Damo tactic, and it's very annoying.

Fine, you said statewide. Likely you are right, except the past two delegations were not all white men (what you said the first time) and now you change what you said again to include women (didn't in the original blanket statement).

Again, before you even got here, I mentioned that in the last term the entire delegation was white except for one woman. Quit being disingenous doofus.

This one delegation does magically support exactly what you said before,

Magic has nothing to do with it.

but not the previous two delegations sent to DC. (If you only look at statewide, yes they are always white, but not always men as was first stated.)

Could you please bold out where I said that a woman had never been elected? Whenever I said that all white men were elected, I never used the past tense. And I also had parantheses (last time around it was all white male except for one female).
Either be more accurate in actual statements, or expect me (engineer's mind) to wonder at your accuracy. It happens regardless of which side makes statements like that. Much like the "Are they born gay" idiocy that matters nothing to people's rights.

Rubbish.

Important WM quotes, with relevant quotes that demolish Damocles badly put together shit underlined:

Statewide officeholders in Mississippi:

167px-Haley_Barbour_at_FEMA_conference%2C_Apr_14%2C_2006.jpg

bryant.jpg

TateBW.jpg

sg.htm5.jpg

hosemann07.jpg

spickering.jpg

chaney.jpg

160px-Roger_Wicker,_official_Congressional_photo_portrait.jpg

thadcochran.jpg

Beginning to notice a pattern?

Mississippi is 37% black, but it's pretty fucking hard to tell.

Another important quote from me before you jumped the fuck in:

For instance, there is one congressional district in my state that is majority black. That always goes to the Democrats by a large margin.

The Damoid response:

Damoidism said:
What I notice is a pattern of simply skipping people like:

Rep. Bennie Thompson

While adding people like Haley Barbour so that you can make it wholly white.

That's the pattern I notice.

And afterwards I state:

A smart man said:
Quote:

"Statewide officeholders in Mississippi"

Bennie Thompsons district is 60% black, of course they would elect a black man.

With Amy Tuck (a white female) leaving, all statewide officeholders in Mississippi are white males, and all but one is a Republican (the Democrat is still a conservative).

Last edited:
I love everything.

It says right up there "Statewide". I'm sorry if in the middle of one of my arguments, somewhere in a random ass place here, I made a generalization, but whenever I headlined it I specifically said statewide. In fact, whenever you mentioned Bennie Thompson, you were quoting me where it says, at the top of the pictures "Statewide officeholders in Mississippi". Quit being disingenous.

Then you continue to ignore that he wasn't elected by the majority of Mississippians, he was elected in a district that was specifically designed to produce a black winner.

Wow, Soc must've been reading an entirely different thread!

Yep, I guess I did make a generalization somewhere in a 300 words statement that mostly didn't have to do with the subject, and now you're pulling it out as if it's the God of everything I've ever said on this planet. That is a typical Damo tactic, and it's very annoying.

Again, before you even got here, I mentioned that in the last term the entire delegation was white except for one woman. Quit being disingenous doofus.

Magic has nothing to do with it.

Could you please bold out where I said that a woman had never been elected? Whenever I said that all white men were elected, I never used the past tense. And I also had parantheses (last time around it was all white male except for one female).

Rubbish.

Hey, Emo-Boy. I guess I'll have to bold the area where you made the GENERAL statement again because you can't write clearly.

I didn't change anything except adding bold to the statement... I hope you will note the lack of "statewide" in the sentence, but I don't suspect you will because you are all emo-defensive now and nothing I write will make sense until you end with some "f you" statement.

As I said, you said statewide and then I presented a Congressman. That was a mistake. Then I pointed out that the last two statewide delegations had women in them, then you added that women sometimes get elected too...

I'm fine with all of that. I still believe that Obama could win in Mississippi in a statewide election. I think that you are desperate to attempt to point out how non-racist you are compared to the rest of the state because of all that stuff you went through with LadyT before....

This has been a very pointless semantic diversion from my otherwise excellent point: that's it not too surprising for a Mississippi Democrat to support Obama.

This has been a very pointless semantic diversion from my otherwise excellent point: that's it not too surprising for a Mississippi Democrat to support Obama.
Which is the point I have been trying to make... I think Obama would stand a good chance of winning a statewide election there.

Which is the point I have been trying to make... I think Obama would stand a good chance of winning a statewide election there.

Obama doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning the election here in 2008. I'd be willing to bet he loses by at least 60-40.

The pro-choice stance, for instance, is an automatic dealbreaker, even if the office in question has no relevance to abortion.

I didn't change anything except adding bold to the statement... I hope you will note the lack of "statewide" in the sentence, but I don't suspect you will because you are all emo-defensive now and nothing I write will make sense until you end with some "f you" statement.

As I said, you said statewide and then I presented a Congressman. That was a mistake. Then I pointed out that the last two statewide delegations had women in them, then you added that women sometimes get elected too...

I'm fine with all of that. I still believe that Obama could win in Mississippi in a statewide election. I think that you are desperate to attempt to point out how non-racist you are compared to the rest of the state because of all that stuff you went through with LadyT before....

This is where I announce PWNership. You have been sku-rd.

This is where I announce PWNership. You have been sku-rd.
So, you admit that your general statement, the one I was answering and pointed out, suggests no such thing as "statewide" in it? Or will you pretend that the bolded portion of the quote doesn't exist any longer?

Either way, I believe you to be PWN'd just as you admit. I'm amazed that EMO-boy could even do that!

j/k. I misread the original post. I'll admit to it.

That doesn't change that I think Obama can win, regardless of your assumption.

Back