Fourth baby dies from tainted formula

Well that's fine, for both of you, honestly. If you are worried for your dog it's a good thing.

I just always try to play the skeptic.

I can handle diarrhea, but who knows what they are putting in consumables in China. Pretty scary if you ask me.

20 some thousand babies sick I think.
A perfect example of the results of unregulated capitalism.

It's now up to 53,000 sick. Apparently the main milk-producing company, and others, were in a "no inspection" class so their products were never tested.

The contaminant was melamine. Hard to accept that this was done accidentally, isn't it! This was the ingredient that caused so much trouble in some of their exports, and had been added because it causes the protein levels to read higher than they actually are, on analysis. Unfortunately, it also causes kidney stones, and in some cases, complete kidney failure.

Ah, yes, tainted foodstuffs, poison toothpaste, dangerous components in children's toys, etc. Plus crappy quality of everything else.

It's now up to 53,000 sick. Apparently the main milk-producing company, and others, were in a "no inspection" class so their products were never tested.

The contaminant was melamine. Hard to accept that this was done accidentally, isn't it! This was the ingredient that caused so much trouble in some of their exports, and had been added because it causes the protein levels to read higher than they actually are, on analysis. Unfortunately, it also causes kidney stones, and in some cases, complete kidney failure.

Ah, yes, tainted foodstuffs, poison toothpaste, dangerous components in children's toys, etc. Plus crappy quality of everything else.

Yep making the tests higher so more money for the milk.
Greed and unrestricted capitalism.

I have to say the financial system is exciting as he**, but this story scares the crap out of me.

If ever there for a case for country of origin labeling this should convince people.

I have to say the financial system is exciting as he**, but this story scares the crap out of me.

If ever there for a case for country of origin labeling this should convince people.

yep, at least give the consumers the information they need to make an informed decision.

yep, at least give the consumers the information they need to make an informed decision.

the cons claimed that would have cost too much to the produce companies and such.

Well they just externalized the cost to the FDA and such to have to track down the food problems in recent years.

WE still wind up paying, but the corps make better profit.

Back