Free at last, all charges dropped by the State!

Jarod

Contributor
IN THE MATTER OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA V. JAROD....

ALL CHARGES, INCLUDING SPEEDING TICKET... DISMISSED!

Here is how it happened, to counter those who claim I got special treatment.

I had a friend (criminal defense attorney) of mine represent me as my attorney.

I happen to not use my first name in every day life, so most people know me by my middle and last name.

My friend called the prosecutor, used my first name and told the story. The prosecutor did not reconise that I used to work in her office. (I dont think we ever knew each other anyway.)

When she heard the story and how I had been charged with a crime, she thought it was so silly that she 1) Dropped the criminal charge, and for my trouble 2) dropped the speeding charge.

I am a free man. Now, in the immortal words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

I need to complain to Charlie that the courts are not doing their job in FL keeping blind speeders off the roads.
;)

I guess it is not safe for me to go there and spend my tourist dollars.

I happen to not use my first name in every day life, so most people know me by my middle and last name.

My friend called the prosecutor, used my first name and told the story. The prosecutor did not reconise that I used to work in her office. (I dont think we ever knew each other anyway.)

When she heard the story and how I had been charged with a crime, she thought it was so silly that she 1) Dropped the criminal charge, and for my trouble 2) dropped the speeding charge.

I am a free man. Now, in the immortal words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

If I were you I'd just shut the hell up about how your privileged status got you off of a minor charge that you should have been charged with in the first place.

If only we all could be so lucky . . .

Uh oh. This is going to kill Superfreak and no doubt spawn a one thousand post thread revolving around how “precious” you are Jarod! Be warned.

Helps to have friends in the right places huh: ;)

Hey, if he was Stevie Wonder I'd concede your point. Now unless I hear a burst of "Isn't She Lovely?" any minute now I'm going to assume J isn't Stevie.

And if he is, then I want an autograph. :)

If I were you I'd just shut the hell up about how your privileged status got you off of a minor charge that you should have been charged with in the first place.

His "privileged status" probably got him pinched in the first place. It was piss weak. And I said so, so I'm not a late convert.

Uh oh. This is going to kill Superfreak and no doubt spawn a one thousand post thread revolving around how “precious” you are Jarod! Be warned.

Actually, if you go back to his original thread on the subject, he was told 101 times that all he had to do was present proof of the surgery and the charge would be dismissed. To which precious proceeded to bitch and whine for 1000 posts on how the cop was so mean to him.

So what happened? Exactly what we said would happen... other than precious also getting out of the speeding ticket..

Actually, if you go back to his original thread on the subject, he was told 101 times that all he had to do was present proof of the surgery and the charge would be dismissed. To which precious proceeded to bitch and whine for 1000 posts on how the cop was so mean to him.

So what happened? Exactly what we said would happen... other than precious also getting out of the speeding ticket..

The reason the speeding was dismissed was how silly the criminal charge was.

And I did not get ANY SPECIAL treatment, except that maybe my criminal defense attorney did not charge me.

Under this senario, how did my privledged status get me off this charge?

Just as I told you they would. This isn't "special treatment" it is what happens with this kind of ticket, it is like the "no insurance" charge. You just show up with proof, and it is dismissed. Usually with any other charge that came along with it.

The reason the speeding was dismissed was how silly the criminal charge was.

And I did not get ANY SPECIAL treatment, except that maybe my criminal defense attorney did not charge me.

Keep telling yourself that precious. Your friends in the system took care of you on the speeding ticket.

Just as I told you they would. This isn't "special treatment" it is what happens with this kind of ticket, it is like the "no insurance" charge. You just show up with proof, and it is dismissed. Usually with any other charge that came along with it.

I know that, I did that for a living for 3 years... but I still do not believe it warranted a criminal charge on my record.

The charge will always be on the record, it will have an astrick that says dismsissed.

I still belive this is an abuse of the criminal system, this should be handled as an infraction.

Keep telling yourself that precious. Your friends in the system took care of you on the speeding ticket.

I intentionally kept those "in the system" from knowing it was me! Unless you consider the Criminal defense attorney "in the system"! And if thats the case anyone who can afford his fees can get the same treatment.

I intentionally kept those "in the system" from knowing it was me! Unless you consider the Criminal defense attorney "in the system"! And if thats the case anyone who can afford his fees can get the same treatment.

Sure precious, we all believe you. You kept it anonymous. Gotcha. Its ok to abuse the system precious.... it is in a lawyers nature to do so.... we expect it of you.

Sure precious, we all believe you. You kept it anonymous. Gotcha. Its ok to abuse the system precious.... it is in a lawyers nature to do so.... we expect it of you.

You can choose not to belive me... Thats fine. But its true, and I know it.

Back