Fuck the Police...

This is one of those things that you only see the bad stuff and rarely hear of the good stuff. Seriously, when was the "Here is a cop giving good advice!" ZPMG! video you've seen?

The dude in the first story was immediately suspended as soon as his superiors found out about it. I guess he won't be using his badge any longer to bully kids and the "blue wall" seems to have limits.

This is one of those things that you only see the bad stuff and rarely hear of the good stuff. Seriously, when was the "Here is a cop giving good advice!" ZPMG! video you've seen?

The dude in the first story was immediately suspended as soon as his superiors found out about it. I guess he won't be using his badge any longer to bully kids and the "blue wall" seems to have limits.

LOL. Of course, because one officer who was acting out of line happened to be being filmed at the time, and whenever the tape got widespread publicity the apartment finally noticed a week later and suspended him (they'll probably do a "review" and find that he "acted appopriately in the situation", and give him the badge back in a week) that means this happens to all rotten cops.

Suspended with pay actually. Nothings been done to that asshole... you won't see him get an assault charge for putting a 14 year old in a headlock.

And in the second one they lied about it until the video turned up. Cops, literally, get away with murder all the time.

You're way off on this one. Exposing police brutality and abuse of power is not automatically "ignoring the good stuff". Not even close.

If abuses of power are shown widespread, how is that somehow ignoring the good stuff? There's plenty of shows, "Cops", "Most Amazing Police Videos"... that show "the good stuff". So what?

This shit here is from the other side of the aisle. Its candid camera on an arm of the government. Good on the new media.

And it is not even scratching the surface of the bad stuff. Cops are often assholes and they lie in court all the time.

You're way off on this one. Exposing police brutality and abuse of power is not automatically "ignoring the good stuff". Not even close.

If abuses of power are shown widespread, how is that somehow ignoring the good stuff? There's plenty of shows, "Cops", "Most Amazing Police Videos"... that show "the good stuff". So what?

This shit here is from the other side of the aisle. Its candid camera on an arm of the government. Good on the new media.
I didn't say people ignore the good stuff. It's not as spectacular. You will rarely hear those stories because police doing good things is just not all that shocking.

I didn't say people ignore the good stuff. It's not as spectacular. You will rarely hear those stories because police doing good things is just not all that shocking.

Poor cops. They never get the respect they deserve. Maybe they can tazer us into a state of reverie for them.

I play softball with several cops. One a few weeks ago was telling us how he would soon make sergeant and his intent to be a real dick once he achieved that rank.

Poor cops. They never get the respect they deserve. Maybe they can tazer us into a state of reverie for them.
Again you read something that isn't there. I simply point out that cops saving a life might hit the local news, but isn't spectacular enough to reach the national news. Why? Because it happens far more often than cop dumping wheelchair dude and lying about it. News stories are chosen first because of how "spectacular" they are.

There is no ethical argument about "poor cops" except in your own small world view.

Again you read something that isn't there. I simply point out that cops saving a life might hit the local news, but isn't spectacular enough to reach the national news. Why? Because it happens far more often than cop dumping wheelchair dude and lying about it. News stories are chosen first because of how "spectacular" they are.

There is no ethical argument about "poor cops" except in your own small world view.

I just said maybe they can tazer some respect out of us. That is a possibility.

They never report all the people police DON'T beat or murder...

Well, the police's job is to protect and serve. It's when they start acting like they have power over the people is when I feel like kicking them in the nuts and telling them 'I pay your salary'... power corrupts and once they start feeling like they have power over me, I don't trust them one bit.

they don't get paid enough, thus they attrack a lower IQ'd type person.

Their pay is well above their skill level. It's not pay, it's that they attract a lot of people that are seeking the opportunity to dickheads to others. The softball player I was talking about seems like a fairly decent guy and what he expressed is not an uncomon attitude. They enjoy the license they have been given to be assholes by those who have a knee jerk reaction to defend the police.

Back