Gas tax holiday - McCain & Hillary care!

Onceler

Both McCain & Satan have tried to portray Obama's lack of support for a gas tax holiday as more "proof" that Obama has little compassion for regular working folks.

The "holiday" would save the average American $28. It would likely cost highway projects & maintenance $10 billion.

Hillary goes so far as to say that her idea is better than McCain's, since she would "pay for it" with a windfall-profit tax on oil companies, who would promptly raise gas prices to pay for that.

The ultimate in dishonest pandering; a completely empty gesture.

Both McCain & Satan have tried to portray Obama's lack of support for a gas tax holiday as more "proof" that Obama has little compassion for regular working folks.

The "holiday" would save the average American $28. It would likely cost highway projects & maintenance $10 billion.

Hillary goes so far as to say that her idea is better than McCain's, since she would "pay for it" with a windfall-profit tax on oil companies, who would promptly raise gas prices to pay for that.

Listen if you read McCain’s economic “plan” he is going to actually end up starving the poor, we will have zero social safety net left when that maniac is finished. So the second he said this, if you didn’t laugh aloud, you’re not paying attention.

On this point I would agree with Obama. Eliminating the gas tax (however temporary) is just as moronic as this dumb ass rebate check fiasco that we are seeing yet AGAIN from the idiots in DC.

Well the whole gasoline increase is blown exponentially out of proportion so the $.18 gallon gets more play too.
I'll tax all tax cuts, rebates, holiday's those idiots can dole out.

On this point I would agree with Obama. Eliminating the gas tax (however temporary) is just as moronic as this dumb ass rebate check fiasco that we are seeing yet AGAIN from the idiots in DC.
What made it worse was that instead of arguing something different and new, the Ds just said, "We should give these other people some money too!"

A clear attempt to buy votes. Nothing more than that.

Right....!

and I am quite sure you will be sending your rebate promptley to the general fund...:rolleyes:

What made it worse was that instead of arguing something different and new, the Ds just said, "We should give these other people some money too!"

A clear attempt to buy votes. Nothing more than that.

The "Ds" didn't, Hillary did and since McCain is doing nothing more than buying votes with his original proposal I don't see why "the Ds' can't get in on the vote too.

Obama, if he were as loosely moored as those other two, should have just said that he agrees with the tax holiday as long as the lost revenues can be made up somehow, which they can't.

hey that rebate is paying for my vacation house on the vineyard this summer.

The "Ds" didn't, Hillary did and since McCain is doing nothing more than buying votes with his original proposal I don't see why "the Ds' can't get in on the vote too.

Obama, if he were as loosely moored as those other two, should have just said that he agrees with the tax holiday as long as the lost revenues can be made up somehow, which they can't.
bs.
The congress is controlled by D's. Nothing gets passed without their vote, nothing at all.

The D's only argument was that not enough people were getting the refunds, they added to the list and passed it on up to be signed by the most liberal spender EVER.

and I am quite sure you will be sending your rebate promptley to the general fund...:rolleyes:

Side note... had they been smart, they would have taken the $150 billion and used it on new jobs rebuilding infrastructure. This would have pumped the money into the economy and helped fix our strained infrastructure.

Side note... had they been smart, they would have taken the $150 billion and used it on new jobs rebuilding infrastructure. This would have pumped the money into the economy and helped fix our strained infrastructure.

Did you really just write that? Holy shit. Is hell frozen over?

that's right Chappy and I are starting a new war on the rich.
The upper-middle vs the rich like freak, you 30 something Jaquar driving, latte drinking, lance armstrong looking DBA's (dual brokerage accounts his and hers) don't need no stinking rebate.

Back