Gay pride parade 'bumping and grinding' offend Tea Party hero & NY governor hopeful

Wow how cool for you. You and Damn Yankee see eye to eye on infringement of private ownership. So nice to see when the two sides can come together and agree.

Did the thought ever occur to you that you are wrong? There is NO private ownership of the 'commons', the public trust. The public trust doctrine goes back to Roman law. It also became the law of England in the Magna Carta.

That's right, there is no place for federal interference in privately owned businesses, that room is all taken up by those "conservative" state governments.
And as a Conservative, I support the North Carolina Constitution, Article 14, Section 5:
It shall be the policy of this State to conserve and protect its lands and waters for the benefit of all its citizenry, and to this end it shall be a proper function of the State of North Carolina and its political subdivisions to acquire and preserve park, recreational, and scenic areas, to control and limit the pollution of our air and water, to control excessive noise, and in every other appropriate way to preserve as a part of the common heritage of this State its forests, wetlands, estuaries, beaches, historical sites, openlands, and places of beauty.
emp added:)

And as a Conservative, I support the North Carolina Constitution, Article 14, Section 5:
emp added:)
Please quote the EPA or NC standard for Cigarette smoke as air pollution. I imagine that should you look at the law it deals with car and factory emissions and not for cigarette smoke. But nice LIBERAL use of the NC constitution.

Please quote the EPA or NC standard for Cigarette smoke as air pollution. I imagine that should you look at the law it deals with car and factory emissions and not for cigarette smoke. But nice LIBERAL use of the NC constitution.
The legislature based its law on the obvious fact that second hand smoke is an air pollutant. In case that's not obvious to you, here's an article describing a study that proves it is more of a pollutant than diesel exhaust.

Did the thought ever occur to you that you are wrong? There is NO private ownership of the 'commons', the public trust. The public trust doctrine goes back to Roman law. It also became the law of England in the Magna Carta.
The workers could be warned, he could hire other smokers, isn't there a way to make all happy and not infringe on smokers rights?

I don't smoke, but I have friends that do.

Back