Geez. It just won't go away...

I watch PBS nightly news hour, BBC worldnews and some local stuff. Other than that a few web sites. Not even moveon or mediamatters though.

I read any article that interests me from a number of sites and I try to stick to places that use main stream outlets from around the world. I watch Olberman but I usually already know every story he covers from my internet search. I also never go to moveon or media matters. I will use media matters when they catch something good the fools are doing.

I did watch some Uberman there for a bit to see what all the ruckus was about.
He is not too bad as MSM types go.

all the false outrage, posturing and slant/spin in most of the "news" media just turns me off.

Like Sgt. Friday. Just the facts maam.

I have to amitt I mostly like the tougue in cheek delivery he gives it. He mostly hits the outrage straight on the head for me.

Dude your party has so screwed the pooch that anyone who still supports its complete failure like you do needs a medical exaime.

Desh, I have ideas and positions that I support. The Republicans support more of the positions that I support than do the Democrats which is why I am a Republican. But that doesn't mean Republicans are right all the time nor does it mean the Democrats are wrong all the time.

You seem to have this provincial view of how you view the two parties as opposed to the actual ideas, just my opinion of course.

Dude, I dont always agree with the party position but I do get real fricking mad when they do the opposite of what they say the platform is. Your party has claimed they are the fiscal party for years now and they cause the higher deficits of the two partys when they have the control. Now they have totally screwed our country in just about every way possible and if you truely believed in what they Claim is the partys aims you would have been screaming at thes current controlers of the republican party and calling them out for the imposters they are. You instead defend all the failures as if they are good things. There is a reason the Dem party is on the right track right now and that is that the Republican party is totally fucked. There was a time in history where I may have considered being a republican. That time no longer exsists and has not for decades. If you were a real republican you would be voting for the dem party just to punish the people fwho have hijacked your party. You dont though, instead you blindly defend complete stupidity and failure because....... Hey why the hell do you do that?

Dude, I dont always agree with the party position but I do get real fricking mad when they do the opposite of what they say the platform is. Your party has claimed they are the fiscal party for years now and they cause the higher deficits of the two partys when they have the control. Now they have totally screwed our country in just about every way possible and if you truely believed in what they Claim is the partys aims you would have been screaming at thes current controlers of the republican party and calling them out for the imposters they are. You instead defend all the failures as if they are good things. There is a reason the Dem party is on the right track right now and that is that the Republican party is totally fucked. There was a time in history where I may have considered being a republican. That time no longer exsists and has not for decades. If you were a real republican you would be voting for the dem party just to punish the people fwho have hijacked your party. You dont though, instead you blindly defend complete stupidity and failure because....... Hey why the hell do you do that?

I am infuriated with Republicans. Those in Congress got happy with power and abandened their principles by spending more and more in hopes of buying voters and they finally got called out on it by getting their ass kicked in 2006.

As far as parties following their platform, please. They will make decisions based on what they feel will be best for them politically at the time. Political parties are not based on principles, they are based on winning.

My allegiance however is not to the Republican Party. If the Democratic Party started taking more positions that I support then I would proudly vote Democrat.

As far as how I vote no vote I make makes a difference. Pelosi, Boxer, DiFi and Obama are going to win in landslides.

I would also argue the Democrats aren't on any right path. The electorate rightfully punish the Republicans for thier failings but they were not backing the Dems for things they did. If the Dems take full power in '08 they can just as easily get booted out in '10 like they did in '94.

So what has your party ever done besides kill, maim, and persecute?

Christofascist!

LOL At least I don't have to worry about Indians, black slaves, mistreatment of immigrants (many of which who simultaneously voted for me under the delusion that "the will of the people" benefited me), segregation, baby killing, tyrannical opposition of gun ownership, and Japanese Internment being on my conscience when I go to bed at night.

My party was/is not responsible for any of that... :clink:

Back