General Odom says withdrawl is the only solution

So tell me all you republicans. IF the dems cut off funding to the war in Iraq would YOUR president pull them out of harms way? Or would he leave them there and remind the nation everyday that they are staying and the dems are the one not giving them the funds to protect themselves? It is intellectually dishonest to pretend that Congress can pull the plug on this thing and the President would abide that decision and bring the troops home. He would leave them there to die and use it for political capital.

Yeah I think that is the problem. That is what I see happening. We need a president who wants to pull them out, or at least, is not dead against it. then you cut off funds. And they're home.

People talk about the '06 election & what it meant. I think if Americans WERE speaking with one voice, it was simply saying to the President, "This isn't working. We want you to work with this new Congress & get our troops out of Iraq." They assumed that he was a normal human being, who is capable of getting a message.

He isn't. He is "the decider," and this "regular folks" guy has nothing but contempt for the American voter. He knows best; he always has, and always will. He has said that even if only Laura & his dog Barney agree with him, he's still sticking to his guns.

We have elected a man who is dangerously unstable & delusional to a 2-term tenure...

Exactly how I feel.

You did not see that speech bush gave a while back and the crowd started chanting 4 more years ?

Scary stuff.

the PBS news guy could not keep from laughing and shaking his head.

but aside from that he was pro unlike a false outrage types. I'll bet his tounge was bleeding from biting it though.

You did not see that speecha bush gave a while back and the crowd started chanting 4 more years ?

Scary stuff.

the PBS news guy could not keep from laughing and shaking his head.

A few people at a speech does not equate to 15,000,000 people.

Nope, but mentall illness does not go away overnight.
I suspect they would.
But as with what would have happened with Iraq if Gore had been elected. We will never know for sure.

No, mental illness does not go away overnight otherwise my cousin still wouldn't have the shit.

Most mental illness never goes away, it is jut controlled by drugs or therapy...
Sad but true. Sorry for your cousin.
I know some mentally ill folks. Some are vets I visit with in sessions once every couple of weeks.
did you read the rest of the story on the marlboro man Marine from KY. remember the photo. He is a mental mess now.....
I can probably find the link if you want.... I met with the guy about a month ago....Poor kid....
worse than I ever was....

some take in rescue pets, I try and help a few brain burned vets...

Last edited:
Most mental illness never goes away, it is jut controlled by drugs or therapy...
Sad but true. Sorry for your cousin.
I know some mentally ill folks. Some are vets I visit with in sessions once every couple of weeks.
did you read the rest of the story on the marlboro man Marine from KY. remember the photo. He is a mental mess now.....
I can probably find the link if you want.... I met with the guy about a month ago....Poor kid....
worse than I ever was....

some take in rescue pets, I try and help a few brain burned vets...

mental illness sucks. A lot of homeless end up being diagnosed (sp) with mental illness which is sad. I know my cousin will never be able to truly care for himself. He will always need assistance. If he were out on the streets like some of these other people are I don't know how he would survive.

Cutting off the funding, in this case would be politics. But when the lives are soldiers are being played with by the President for political reasons--with no reasoning for our occupation, no support from the country, or most of the government over Iraq--yet keeping them there stubbornly--that is politics. The only way to combat it, is with politics.

Someone choosing to manipulate the democratic processes in Washington to get into a war and refuse to get out against any opposition, is an abuse of the system and can only be corrected through political means. It's the same way that important reform for America can be held up by a filibuster--a political action; and that filibuster itself is broken through a cloture vote--another political act. Politics makes our important decisions folks--and if the President is dumb enough to keep us in a dark hole sucking our resources and troops away, the Congress is by no means derelict in undermining an undermining president.

Overriding a Presidential veto requires a 2/3 supermajority in both houses. In the Senate, you need 67 votes to overturn a veto, not just 60.

Bill

Cutting off the funding, in this case would be politics. But when the lives are soldiers are being played with by the President for political reasons--with no reasoning for our occupation, no support from the country, or most of the government over Iraq--yet keeping them there stubbornly--that is politics. The only way to combat it, is with politics.

Someone choosing to manipulate the democratic processes in Washington to get into a war and refuse to get out against any opposition, is an abuse of the system and can only be corrected through political means. It's the same way that important reform for America can be held up by a filibuster--a political action; and that filibuster itself is broken through a cloture vote--another political act. Politics makes our important decisions folks--and if the President is dumb enough to keep us in a dark hole sucking our resources and troops away, the Congress is by no means derelict in undermining an undermining president.

Overriding a Presidential veto requires a 2/3 supermajority in both houses. In the Senate, you need 67 votes to overturn a veto, not just 60.

Bill

Well said.

Back