Get Ready to "thank" Us A LOT, Waterhead!

I hate PR and like the EC. Water was asking if I would have liked to see PR for the GOP primary because Romney or Huckabee may have won instead of McCain. I said not really, because I supported McCain.

I hate PR and like the EC. Water was asking if I would have liked to see PR for the GOP primary because Romney or Huckabee may have won instead of McCain. I said not really, because I supported McCain.

i supported McCain because my first 3 choices washed out. Now I hope, against intellect that Obama fairs better than I hope. Seriously, his failure will be ours. Likely I know, but I hope. I'm not encouraged by his picks, for very different reasons than brother BAC.

Dixie has one thing right. The pendulum of American politics will swing the other way, as it has always done, back and forth. The liberal democrats won the day on the 4th of November. Not surprising. But the mistake they are making is that same mistake Bush & Co. made when they won the day. The vote, no matter how skewed, was not a mandate on the policies of the democratic party. It is the result of Bush & Co. being massive screw ups.

Remember how the hard core republcans were calling "Mandate! Mandate!"? Well they were wrong. It was the result of a successful attack of fear mongering against the policies of the democrats.

Today the numbers are skewed way in favor of the democrats. But to understand how they got so skewed, one needs to look at the political messages nation wide. Obama ran on a message of "change". But change from what? Even die hard democrats are now saying it was change from Bush & Co., nothing more. Looking at elections in the Senate and House, the over riding rhetoric by far was tying the republican candidates to Bush & Co, and "failed republican policies." And, like the republicans in 1994, the message was successful. But is voting against those painted as the bad guys a real vote in favor of the policies of the democrats? Well, was the vote in 2004 a vote FOR Bush? Think about it.

If you'll notice, the pendulum never swung back to the 19th century.

Maybe it goes back and forth but it's not as if this is some necessarily rule of karmic political justice. Sometimes there are irreversible sea changes.

If you'll notice, the pendulum never swung back to the 19th century.

Maybe it goes back and forth but it's not as if this is some necessarily rule of karmic political justice. Sometimes there are irreversible sea changes.
All too true. In 4000 years of written history whenever democracy rises it always moves inexorably toward totalitarianism in the name of security until the weight of despotism either self destructs in its imperialistic designs, or sparks new revolt. Then it all starts over again.

The cycle is usually slow, but calamitous events can sometimes drastically speed things up such as WWI Germany leading to WWII Germany.

Dixie has one thing right. The pendulum of American politics will swing the other way, as it has always done, back and forth. The liberal democrats won the day on the 4th of November. Not surprising. But the mistake they are making is that same mistake Bush & Co. made when they won the day. The vote, no matter how skewed, was not a mandate on the policies of the democratic party. It is the result of Bush & Co. being massive screw ups.

Remember how the hard core republcans were calling "Mandate! Mandate!"? Well they were wrong. It was the result of a successful attack of fear mongering against the policies of the democrats.

Today the numbers are skewed way in favor of the democrats. But to understand how they got so skewed, one needs to look at the political messages nation wide. Obama ran on a message of "change". But change from what? Even die hard democrats are now saying it was change from Bush & Co., nothing more. Looking at elections in the Senate and House, the over riding rhetoric by far was tying the republican candidates to Bush & Co, and "failed republican policies." And, like the republicans in 1994, the message was successful. But is voting against those painted as the bad guys a real vote in favor of the policies of the democrats? Well, was the vote in 2004 a vote FOR Bush? Think about it.

Of course the pendulum will swing the other way and the R will again be in power. It won't be because they ejected everyone except social conservatives. This is what we are discussing. Dixie thinks the (R) can come to power again by being hardcore social authoritarians. That won't happen. The next (R) president to take power will be socially liberal, or at least leaning that way, and very fiscally conservative. I will be more than happy to vote for him.

Of course the pendulum will swing the other way and the R will again be in power. It won't be because they ejected everyone except social conservatives. This is what we are discussing. Dixie thinks the (R) can come to power again by being hardcore social authoritarians. That won't happen. The next (R) president to take power will be socially liberal, or at least leaning that way, and very fiscally conservative. I will be more than happy to vote for him.

Dixie never said anything of the sort. You continuously lie and mislead people about what I have said, and that is why so many morons think I have said something absurd. The Republicans will return to core Conservative values, both fiscally and socially. Not social moderate and fiscal conservative (McCain), not social conservative and fiscal liberal (Bush), but fiscal AND social Conservative (Reagan), and it really doesn't matter if YOU will vote for them or not, there are enough people in America who will vote for such a ticket, just as they voted overwhelmingly for Ronald Reagan, the last person to run on such a platform.

Dixie never said anything of the sort. You continuously lie and mislead people about what I have said, and that is why so many morons think I have said something absurd. The Republicans will return to core Conservative values, both fiscally and socially. Not social moderate and fiscal conservative (McCain), not social conservative and fiscal liberal (Bush), but fiscal AND social Conservative (Reagan), and it really doesn't matter if YOU will vote for them or not, there are enough people in America who will vote for such a ticket, just as they voted overwhelmingly for Ronald Reagan, the last person to run on such a platform.

Everybody running since 1980 has run on a far right platform, Dixtard.

Everybody running since 1980 has run on a far right platform...

H.W. Bush.... Kinder and Gentler America!
Clinton... I can feel your pain!
W. Bush... Compassionate Conservative!

None of these platforms are in line with Ronald Reagan Conservatism, and none could be considered "far right" unless you are so far out in left field your perception is flawed. I believe that to be the case with you... I bet you think Fidel Castro is a right-winger!

Fidel Castro is a left winger. Not a liberal. Is it liberal to have the death penalty or get rid of free speech? No, that comes straight out of the Republican party platform. You are closer to Fidel than I am.

Fidel Castro is a left winger. Not a liberal. Is it liberal to have the death penalty or get rid of free speech? No, that comes straight out of the Republican party platform. You are closer to Fidel than I am.

That's probably true Waterhead, you are so far left you've almost come back around the other side to extreme right! You are probably to the left of Fidel Castro, which is why he appears to be a "right winger" to you!

H.W. Bush.... Kinder and Gentler America!
Clinton... I can feel your pain!
W. Bush... Compassionate Conservative!

None of these platforms are in line with Ronald Reagan Conservatism, and none could be considered "far right" unless you are so far out in left field your perception is flawed. I believe that to be the case with you... I bet you think Fidel Castro is a right-winger!
Nah, Dix. They are trying to do what the right was able to do with the word "liberal". The problem of not having an actual conservative in office to paint with that tag and associate it in the minds so it sticks to even moderates (like Clinton) is a minor one when perception is the goal.

LOL Actually, it is now Belgian, which makes no sense because the Belgies make the world's best beer (Blue Moon, Fat Tire, etc.)! :clink:
Blue moon and fat tire are both american made beers. Fat Tire is made by New Belgium Brewery in Fort Collins and is Employee owned. Blue Moon was created at Sandlot Brewery which is now owned by Molson Coors but it has always been an american brewed beer. Belgians do NOT make the best beers in the world but do make some good beers. (Whites are ok in moderation, I much prefer their Triples) As far as lagers go it is a toss up as to whether Germans or Czechs make the best beers, Ales, hands down american micro brewers make the best beers in the world.

Back