Get rid of Income tax

Jarod

Contributor
I am all for lowering and getting rid of income taxes... but realistically they must be replaced by something.

Income taxes punish/harm those amung us who work the hardest and produce the most.

So where should the difference come from. I say inhertance tax because that is taxing those who did nuthin for the money that is being taken away from them other than being members of the lucky sperm club... Plus this idea would help getting rid of problems like George W. Bush.

Any better more fair ideas?

sweet on income, replace with consumption with food and rent and utilities excempt.
Keep your paws off my kids inheritance though. Death tax has to go.

only replacement for the income tax would be a consumption tax.. but my fear is we wind up with both.

sweet on income, replace with consumption with food and rent and utilities excempt.
Keep your paws off my kids inheritance though. Death tax has to go.

I like the consumption tax plan, but I am not with you on the inherantance tax. Generational wealth transfers encourage lazy, unhappy people who get money they did not work for and dont deserve because they did nuthing for it.

It produces nairdowells like GWB...

I think the inheritance tax is fine for now. I think only a single digit percentage have to pay anything.

With a consumption tax you encourage people to comsume less.

When you do an income tax it really places the burden on the employer.

If you are self employed it sucks I know.

Inheritance tax should allow for a certain amount untaxed and then tax the shit out of anything above that level.

If you can leave a couple of million to each family member individually without taxes being acrued then you can leave them in the lap of luxury for their entire lives and they should be able to set it up so they can then do the same for their childern. Anything over that is just redicules to go untaxed. It is income to the person who never even worked for it because the person who is now dead cant spend it. IT IS NOT A DEATH TAX UNTIL YOU FIGURE OUT HOW TO SPEND IT YOURSELF AFTER YOU ARE DEAD!

i fundamentally disagree from taking money from a dead man in the form of deathtax. part of my entire motivation to work my ass off in life is to give a better life to my kids so they can move up a class just like my parents did for me.

This is just another battlefront on the war against the American dream.

I am all for lowering and getting rid of income taxes... but realistically they must be replaced by something.

Income taxes punish/harm those amung us who work the hardest and produce the most.

So where should the difference come from. I say inhertance tax because that is taxing those who did nuthin for the money that is being taken away from them other than being members of the lucky sperm club... Plus this idea would help getting rid of problems like George W. Bush.

It punishes those who make the most money, which, ironically, is usually those that produce the least, and are simply bossy assholes.

Man.....I love getting rid of taxes threads.

I'm going to bask in its glory. Don't mind me :corn:

Most people bust thier ass all thier lives to leave it to their kids. Taxing it or taxing more decreases incentives.

I wish it were feasable to get rid of the income tax but don't think it is. I think a flax tax with a negative or no tax on low incomes and some reduced spending can virtually eliminate the IRS and the loopholes the rich use and simplify and reduce taxes for the rest of us.

There's no way that an inheritance tax could raise that much money.

Most people bust thier ass all thier lives to leave it to their kids. Taxing it or taxing more decreases incentives.

I wish it were feasable to get rid of the income tax but don't think it is. I think a flax tax with a negative or no tax on low incomes and some reduced spending can virtually eliminate the IRS and the loopholes the rich use and simplify and reduce taxes for the rest of us.

Research has proven that making money about 60,000 a year doesn't really make a person happier or increase incentive...

But the inheritance tax must stay, simply to reduce the wealth of ogliarchic dynasties. Calling it the "death tax" is fearmongering bullshit. It's not a tax on death, it's a tax on estate.

i fundamentally disagree from taking money from a dead man in the form of deathtax. part of my entire motivation to work my ass off in life is to give a better life to my kids so they can move up a class just like my parents did for me.

A war for American dynasties of useless brats.

Once you give it to them it is taxed. YOU are Dead already and its no longer YOUR money. Its now their INCOME. It is merely a part of income tax except they dont have to pay taxes on the first two million. So if you have two kids and a wife maybe a sister or a brother than you can leave Millions tax free huh?

Trust me without it all you get is more Paris Hiltons. If a persopn cant make two million make them millions of their own in a few years then they would just piss the money away anyway.

With a consumption tax you encourage people to comsume less.

When you do an income tax it really places the burden on the employer.

If you are self employed it sucks I know.

Inheritance tax should allow for a certain amount untaxed and then tax the shit out of anything above that level.

If you can leave a couple of million to each family member individually without taxes being acrued then you can leave them in the lap of luxury for their entire lives and they should be able to set it up so they can then do the same for their childern. Anything over that is just redicules to go untaxed. It is income to the person who never even worked for it because the person who is now dead cant spend it. IT IS NOT A DEATH TAX UNTIL YOU FIGURE OUT HOW TO SPEND IT YOURSELF AFTER YOU ARE DEAD!

With a consumption tax you encourage people to save. I fail to understand how that can possibly be construed as a bad thing.

Once you give it to them it is taxed. YOU are Dead already and its no longer YOUR money. Its now their INCOME. It is merely a part of income tax except they dont have to pay taxes on the first two million. So if you have two kids and a wife maybe a sister or a brother than you can leave Millions tax free huh?

Trust me without it all you get is more Paris Hiltons. If a persopn cant make two million make them millions of their own in a few years then they would just piss the money away anyway.

i understand what your saying and in fact agree that its not fair that by chance your born into a rich family.. but i just cant bring myself to fundamentally supporting the idea of taxing the shit out of inheritance. i guess its just like human nature to want to build ur family name and not want to lose it to the state upon your death.

Back