Global warming is good

No it won't end the species, but can pretty much end our civilization as we know it.
And vastly reduce our numbers.
I never said it would end the species.
Define "civilization as we know it." If you are predicting we will degenerate into a preindustrial civilization of bare hangers on, I disagree. It is possible famine will kill in the millions or even tens of millions, but I doubt it will kill anywhere approaching a billion. Wide spread famine will probabaly also reduce birth rates world wide, even in advanced countries. That, too, would effectively "reduce" human population over a couple decades.

I predict technology, and the civilization that surrounds it, will advance, not regress, to meet the challenges coming our way. Though such technological changes may well also change the face of "civilization as we know it."

Not pre industrial, lets just say we will be happy to eat and stay warm and such. No nintendos will be required ?

Define "civilization as we know it." If you are predicting we will degenerate into a preindustrial civilization of bare hangers on, I disagree. It is possible famine will kill in the millions or even tens of millions, but I doubt it will kill anywhere approaching a billion. Wide spread famine will probabaly also reduce birth rates world wide, even in advanced countries. That, too, would effectively "reduce" human population over a couple decades.

I predict technology, and the civilization that surrounds it, will advance, not regress, to meet the challenges coming our way. Though such technological changes may well also change the face of "civilization as we know it."

Kind of like a New World Order?

Kinda sounds like Luck plans for Soylent green in our future as someone else mentioned.

or maybe a Zardoz type of future , where a handful hold the tech and the rest retreat into barbarism.

Yep. Good Luck is on the internationalist fascist side. I know because of his sheer unwillingness to admit the insane fascist system of fiat currency.

Not pre industrial, lets just say we will be happy to eat and stay warm and such. No nintendos will be required ?
Nintendos have never been required. And many in our current society are happy to eat, stay warm, and such. It has little to do with our level of technology. The percentage of those who are happy to simply maintain, but that percentage has been on the rise, too.

As with wartime focusing technical means on new weaponry, a technological society invariably focuses technical means on solving crises. Sometimes it takes a crisis to force us to focus our abilities to make advances. An agricultural crisis (ie: drought and flooding resulting in lowered food production) will result in our society focusing our technology on advancing agricultural capability. We did so in the dust bowl years, and will do so again. There have been a number of new ideas in agricultural production that have been put on the shelf due to not being economically viable. (Similar to the reason we have put off alternate energy development.)

And, no, it will not end up in processing people into green crackers. (That was a shitty movie.)

Back