Globalists destroy societies

Imagine if Vermonters decided not to buy corn from Iowa and those folks in Iowa decided not to buy maple syrup from Vermont. That is what you are proposing on a world scale. Should Vermonters grow their own corn?

Don't expect any logic from nAHZi.

But why stop at the state level? Why shouldn't each household be self sufficient?

Don't outsource your next dental appointment nAHZi.

no you backwards inbred fascist cockloaf, how do you make it work, what does that look like? what is balanced trade? all trade is exactly equal....what is equal, the money, the labor, what....

You really can't imagine what balanced trade would look like?

We could make it work by saying that fifty percent of our gdp must be from locally manufactured goods.

Or we could simply take away tax incentives for sending jobs overseas.

Or we could cease trading all together with hostile foreign powers with no sense of human rights. It's totally practical and doable.

you can't picture it because you don't want to picture it, closeminded globalist cocksnot traitor.

You really can't imagine what balanced trade would look like?

Maybe you should try using something other than vague buzzwords to explain your position.

We could make it work by saying that fifty percent of our gdp must be from locally manufactured goods.

Is your emphasis here on manufacturing or local? 100% of our GDP is local. Are you saying that we should do something to force resources towards manufacturing as opposed to agriculture or services?

Or we could simply take away tax incentives for sending jobs overseas.

How would you change tax policy to remove the incentives?

Maybe you should try using something other than vague buzzwords to explain your position.
more balanced trade just means that americans fill more positions in the service/goods supply chain than mere consumer.
Is your emphasis here on manufacturing or local?
That would be a both/and scenario. Thanks for you desire to clarify my message.
100% of our GDP is local. Are you saying that we should do something to force resources towards manufacturing as opposed to agriculture or services?

We could stand to boost both.

. We should not modify immigration policy just to cheapen the labor market. Long term this destablilizes the ability of the society to consume. The point of commerce is not just to make rich people richer in the short term. It's supposed to raise all boats, or so reagan told us. Capitalism can serve us well, but not in this "too big too fail" mentality for the oligarchical elite, and a race to the bottom condition for laborers who work for a living.
How would you change tax policy to remove the incentives?

Yes.

It is not possible to boost the percentages of both. Again, are you arguing that the government should direct resources into manufacturing to increase it percentage of GDP?
Wrong. We could both make more stuff and provide more services.
That does not answer my question. How would you change the tax code? How does the tax code incentivize outsourcing?

yes.

You cannot increase the percentage of both as a percentage of GDP. You said 50% of GDP should be from manufacturing. If that amounts to an increase then the percentage of other things must decrease.
I mean 50% of goods purchase must be manufactured domestically. We should increase our gdp to be a greater percentage of world gpp by also increasing services as well. Maybe with a law that all call center business be done domestically for customers residing in the u.s. And also that companies based in the u.s. must use domestic call centers to handle foreign traffic as well. This would be a sound and beneficial action.
Are you afraid to answer the question? How would you change tax policy to remove/counter the incentives.

How would you?

I mean 50% of goods purchase must be manufactured domestically.

You said 50% of GDP. So you don't know what GDP is. I figured as much, but I wanted to make sure you were not saying we should force capital into manufacturing.

We should increase our gdp to be a greater percentage of world gpp by also increasing services as well. Maybe with a law that all call center business be done domestically for customers residing in the u.s. And also that companies based in the u.s. must use domestic call centers to handle foreign traffic as well. This would be a sound and beneficial action.

It would greatly increase the cost of those services. Requiring that this be done on foreign sales would cause foreign sales to decline.

How would you?

It's not my issue. I don't know if there is an easy way to reduce the incentives without doing serious harm.

But, my guess, is you don't know how the tax code incentivizes outsourcing. If you do, then your "solution" is likely some simplistic nonsense that will cause harm (like your call center idea).

You said 50% of GDP. So you don't know what GDP is. I figured as much, but I wanted to make sure you were not saying we should force capital into manufacturing.
Limiting trade to nations with a similar human rights view would have the de facto effect of increasing our manufacturing and service sectors.
It would greatly increase the cost of those services. Requiring that this be done on foreign sales would cause foreign sales to decline.
That's ok. Our higher standard of worker life will increase productivity and long term true worker commitment to the corporation, increasing innovation and productivity.
It's not my issue. I don't know if there is an easy way to reduce the incentives without doing serious harm.

But, my guess, is you don't know how the tax code incentivizes outsourcing. If you do, then your "solution" is likely some simplistic nonsense that will cause harm (like your call center idea).

Don't assume.

Im saying force dollars into our manufacturing and service sectors with protectionism and border enforcement and elimination of immigration exceptions designed to drive down wages in targetted professions.

Limiting trade to nations with a similar human rights view would have the de facto effect of increasing our manufacturing and service sectors.

GDP is 100% local. We can't increase it to 50% local. That's why I asked whether you meant that we should force capital towards manufacturing. That's the only way your comment makes any sense. That, or you just don't know what GDP is.

That's ok. Our higher standard of worker life will increase productivity and long term true worker commitment to the corporation, increasing innovation and productivity.

This is nothing but a rosy assumption without any basis in reality. If this were true those call centers would already be here.

Don't assume.

Why else would you continue to avoid the question? You either don't know what you are talking about (as with gdp) or you are afraid to go beyond vague soundbites.

Here it is again... How would you change the tax code to remove the incentives? This question cannot be answered with a simple yes or no.

GDP is 100% local. We can't increase it to 50% local. That's why I asked whether you meant that we should force capital towards manufacturing. That's the only way your comment makes any sense. That, or you just don't know what GDP is.
Nevertheless, we can increase both our manufacturing and service output.
This is nothing but a rosy assumption without any basis in reality. If this were true those call centers would already be here.
If what were true?
Why else would you continue to avoid the question? You either don't know what you are talking about (as with gdp) or you are afraid to go beyond vague soundbites.

Here it is again... How would you change the tax code to remove the incentives? This question cannot be answered with a simple yes or no.

yes.

Back