Globalization Has Failed

Then clearly companies that wise up and listen to local markets will succeed and the American ones who don't listen will fail. I see no problem.

That is perfectly true. However, as a trading nation you need to maximise your opportunities. One thing this new government of yours might encourage is just that. The sooner the old dinosaurs go to the wall the better.
Because, in my humble opinion, you have convinced generations that America is always right and that America is the most creative, the most inventive and the natural born world leader, that learning process is likely to take longer and be more traumatic. The 'new' economies had to learn quickly to survive but we in the west have always considered riches and success as our god given right. T'aint n'more!

That is perfectly true. However, as a trading nation you need to maximise your opportunities. One thing this new government of yours might encourage is just that. The sooner the old dinosaurs go to the wall the better.
Because, in my humble opinion, you have convinced generations that America is always right and that America is the most creative, the most inventive and the natural born world leader, that learning process is likely to take longer and be more traumatic. The 'new' economies had to learn quickly to survive but we in the west have always considered riches and success as our god given right. T'aint n'more!

Oh I know that. I'm just hoping the market will force Americans wise up to the fact that they aren't the greatest at everything. The fact that we even use this stupid measurement system is one thing that really sticks out to me about America's ignorance. A lot of Americans realize America's failings and wish to correct them.

Hopefully the internet will help us a bit. Information fights internet. The thing about the umbrellas was truly a novice mistake that should've never been made, and it surprises me that anyone could spend billions and still make it. It's just like they're not even trying.

We see clearly from this thread that globalization zealots are mostly motivated by hatred of america.

It's not a superior system, it's stupid actually, and only incentivizes slave labor. Globalization facilitates a race to the bottom condition and only gives multinational corporations and their corrupt political pawns more power.

Why are you people so utterly foolish?

Back