God

That is often the case in these kinds of discussions, Tink. Get your head out of your ass. Like right now. YOU, right now, are not discussing your problems with my posts. You are ARGUING A POSITION...your position.

Not easy showing these guys the light.

Chapter and verse where Jesus spoke directly about homosexuality! Not your spin

It is true that Jesus never spoke about homosexuality specifically, he also never spoke about child molestation, incest, and a great myriad of other sins, that does not mean that they are not sins, only that the eyewitnesses giving their testimony (what they believe will give you cause to believe in their Messiah) either chose not to include those things in their books (Matthew specifically states that there are so many thing Jesus said and did that he could not write them all down, it would take a "world of books"), or didn't talk about them. If he was here to list every sin I'm sure he would have done that, but I don't think that was the purpose given in those books that were supposed to have been written by the eyewitnesses.

The New Testament covers it though, and it wasn't to "forgive" it. 1 Corinthians and 1 Timothy both tell us that homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of God. This isn't some cleansing rule that was overcome by the New Covenant (like eating pork), they make it clear it is still no bueno.

Thankfully I don't believe in this God, or I'd be more worried about my daughter than I am. Her soul is awesome.

With a friend like God, who needs enemies?

God is not your enemy. By "God", I mean the force behind the creation of our Universe. If a lightning bolt strikes you down, it's because you were stupid about bein in the open during a thunderstorm. If you drop dead of a heart attack in your 60s is because you chose to eat too much fat, smoke and not get enough exercise. If you are caught in a hurricane, it's because you choose to live in a hurricane area. Same for an earthquake. God is not after you or causing these problems. We choose for ourselves.

I don't have to carry a firearm either but I do choose to carry one just like I carry reading glasses, lip balm, tissues and cough drops. :)

Well I could never shoot anyone but I am glad there are people like you who could.

I will definitely be hiding behind you.

I can’t even kill insects and those are just my personal beliefs but not from the Bible of course

God is not your enemy. By "God", I mean the force behind the creation of our Universe. If a lightning bolt strikes you down, it's because you were stupid about bein in the open during a thunderstorm. If you drop dead of a heart attack in your 60s is because you chose to eat too much fat, smoke and not get enough exercise. If you are caught in a hurricane, it's because you choose to live in a hurricane area. Same for an earthquake. God is not after you or causing these problems. We choose for ourselves.

The God that inspires that kind of hatred is the God of the Old Testament, aka Hebrew bible, i e. the stories written by the Israelites, , but I have noticed that atheists are generally extremely reticent to approach a Jewish person, Jewish neighbor, Jewish coworker to harangue them about the stories of the Old Testament.

Well I could never shoot anyone but I am glad there are people like you who could.

I will definitely be hiding behind you.

I can’t even kill insects and those are just my personal beliefs but not from the Bible of course

Murder is wrong, but self-defense and the protection of others is good.

I'd be directing you out the back door and everyone else we can find while calling 911. The sidearm is for self-defense not counter-attack.

I don't believe in killing without reason, but if a good reason exists, then I'll do it.

The God that inspires that kind of hatred is the God of the Old Testament, aka Hebrew bible, i e. the stories written by the Israelites, , but I have noticed that atheists are generally extremely reticent to approach a Jewish person, Jewish neighbor, Jewish coworker to harangue them about the stories of the Old Testament.

Agreed. Like Perry PhD, they go after Christians. Not just the asshole Christians either. They attack all Christians. Why they rarely, if ever, go after Jews, Muslims and Buddhists remains a puzzle.

To be clear: when referencing atheists, I'm referencing the militant, anti-religion atheists. Not those who mind their own business.

Agreed. Like Perry PhD, they go after Christians. Not just the asshole Christians either. They attack all Christians. Why they rarely, if ever, go after Jews, Muslims and Buddhists remains a puzzle.

To be clear: when referencing atheists, I'm referencing the militant, anti-religion atheists. Not those who mind their own business.

I draw a distinction between anti-Christian zealots, and the principled and detached atheist. The live-and-let-live atheists like Niel de grasse Tyson are perfectly respectable. I went through one of those live and let live atheist phases in my life too.

Murder is wrong, but self-defense and the protection of others is good.

I'd be directing you out the back door and everyone else we can find while calling 911. The sidearm is for self-defense not counter-attack.

I don't believe in killing without reason, but if a good reason exists, then I'll do it.

I simply couldn’t live with the thought that I took a human life

I have no problem giving my life to protect someone but I rely on Jesus instead of a gun

He is my self defense and so far it’s been very effective

I draw a distinction between anti-Christian zealots, and the principled and detached atheist. The live-and-let-live atheists like Niel de grasse Tyson are perfectly respectable. I went through one of those live and let live atheist phases in my life too.

I only had one atheist phase; starting around age 12 until early in my HS Junior year. I was raised RLDS, which doesn't exist anymore since it was reabsorbed into LDS. In those days, it was a moderate Protestant religion. No Hellfire, Brimstone or wacky theories about women.

Back