Going Green with Cap and Trade!

Yes.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech-mainmenu-30/environment/930

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Economy/wm1723.cfm

http://ff.org/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=464

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123655590609066021.html

And of course there is also Warren Buffet.

However, logic and realization of the fact that corporations pass business costs, including taxation, directly to the consumer will get you there. It is silly to pretend that adding business costs will not raise prices.

The Heritage Foundation piece cites to the CBO, but the CBO study that actually addressed the bill currently in Congress found quite to the contrary. The CBO actually found that the lowest quintile would see a net benefit as a result of the bill and that the highest income earners would see a modest increase. So, while yes, it is a tax, the way the bill is sstructured makes it quite a progressive tax.

The New American piece is quite dated and assesses the effects of a straight cap and trade scheme, not the actual bill that passed the House of Representatives which is structured quite differently. It's useless.

The Frontiers of Freedom piece talks about a Tax Foundation study. Suffice it to say that the findings are quite divergent from the non-partisan CBO so I'm quite skeptical of the Tax Foundation study without actually seeing it. I'm not so sure I'd hang my hat on a townhall.com opinion piece either.

And lastly, the Wall Street Journal op-ed page, the last refuge for wingnut horseshit. Again, a dated piece that talks about cap and trade in the abstract, not the bill that actually passed the House the other day. Again, useless.

Of course, as I said previously the CBO found that the actually bill that passed the House can hardly be considered regressive.

It's fine for you to oppose the bill because it is a tax, but let's not pretend that you, the Tax Foundation and the Wall Street Journal are champions of the poor for doing so.

The Heritage Foundation piece cites to the CBO, but the CBO study that actually addressed the bill currently in Congress found quite to the contrary. The CBO actually found that the lowest quintile would see a net benefit as a result of the bill and that the highest income earners would see a modest increase. So, while yes, it is a tax, the way the bill is sstructured makes it quite a progressive tax.

The New American piece is quite dated and assesses the effects of a straight cap and trade scheme, not the actual bill that passed the House of Representatives which is structured quite differently. It's useless.

The Frontiers of Freedom piece talks about a Tax Foundation study. Suffice it to say that the findings are quite divergent from the non-partisan CBO so I'm quite skeptical of the Tax Foundation study without actually seeing it. I'm not so sure I'd hang my hat on a townhall.com opinion piece either.

And lastly, the Wall Street Journal op-ed page, the last refuge for wingnut horseshit. Again, a dated piece that talks about cap and trade in the abstract, not the bill that actually passed the House the other day. Again, useless.

Of course, as I said previously the CBO found that the actually bill that passed the House can hardly be considered regressive.

It's fine for you to oppose the bill because it is a tax, but let's not pretend that you, the Tax Foundation and the Wall Street Journal are champions of the poor for doing so.
I have no pretense, I use the tools that are provided. Ds supposedly care about regressive taxation. I watch Ds on MSNBC dismissive because it will only cost the poor about half what it will cost for the rich. You say "net benefit", but the report shows it costs all of us. And half as much for the poor is still a higher percentage than they pay under any progressive taxation system we have in place, in fact it still places the largest portion of the burden on the poor, being dismissive about it because as a conservative I'm not supposed to care about that isn't a reason to ignore the regressive nature of the tax.

I dislike the taxation because it is inflationary on all goods for a ghost of a benefit that cannot be measured in real terms only "projections".

What dems really care about is destroying the lives of americans, cuz we're bad, and they feel they're good to the extent that they destroy america on behalf of the world.

Most of the poor are poor because they have different priorities than the rich. There is no reason to disparage people who put greater stake in things other than wealth.
You mean priorities like smoking, eating at McD's, and sitting on their asses watching Oprah, blaming everyone else for their position in life rather than staying healthy, getting a decent education, taking personal responsibility and bettering yourself a little bit each and every day?

You mean priorities like smoking, eating at McD's, and sitting on their asses watching Oprah, blaming everyone else for their position in life rather than staying healthy, getting a decent education, taking personal responsibility and bettering yourself a little bit each and every day?
lol. Not really. But it sounds very "American"...

You still think business success has something to do with those things. LOL.

Putting your fellows out of work in favor of foreign sweatshops is now considered innovation, and success means towing thie "scientific management" dehumanization line.

I would just add/substitute watching Fox for Oprah ;)

They vote for Democrats, whose policies keep them poor. Now they get taxed for that privilege. :)

lets see, I'm poor for various reasons not under my control and I don't EVER vote democrat......unless it's a conservative dem with strong 2nd Amendment principles.

so would you care to revise your position?

lets see, I'm poor for various reasons not under my control and I don't EVER vote democrat......unless it's a conservative dem with strong 2nd Amendment principles.

so would you care to revise your position?
They only time I was close to being poor was when I was a student, and bettering myself to get out of poverty. Anyone who doesn't realize that is stupid and deserves to be poor, so no I won't be revising my position. *shrug*

what a bunch of douchebags with stereotypical viewpoints. does nobody realize that getting sick in America can and most often does, break your bank?

wtf ever. your college education was wasted.

stnobody, you wouldn't know about a degree as you don't have one.
your hypersensitivity to your lack of education is comical.

what a bunch of douchebags with stereotypical viewpoints. does nobody realize that getting sick in America can and most often does, break your bank?

wtf ever. your college education was wasted.
Not too sick you can't post on message boards. If you can operate a computer you can hold down a decent job.

Back