Gold, Gold, Gold!

Jarod

Contributor
I love my retirement account. I am up almost 10% in three weeks with my investment in Gold. I put way to large a percent (almost 50%) of my account into Gold a few weeks ago and it paid off.

I am selling off now because that was way too much to have in one thing, but I am going to keep a bunch also!

I love my retirement account. I am up almost 10% in three weeks with my investment in Gold. I put way to large a percent (almost 50%) of my account into Gold a few weeks ago and it paid off.

I am selling off now because that was way too much to have in one thing, but I am going to keep a bunch also!
Keep a chunk there and get into some of the new tech. Solar energy is getting big, slow growth but will boom.

*Of course I am not a professional....

Almost $20,000 in three weeks, not bad!

Okay ill look into wind. Do you know anything about stp? Some friends were telling me about it.

Okay ill look into wind. Do you know anything about stp? Some friends were telling me about it.
I don't. I'll look at it. There are a couple of renewable energy companies that I need to check into.

Yeah , I am glad I did not listen to topper a year ago and went ahead and bought 100K worth of Gold. Physical gold :D

Suntech power is a good company. A leader in alt energy. The whole sector is extremely volatile, but trending up. Suntech would be a relatively safer way to play the sector. Be very careful with any of the sector right now as the PE's are almost all in the 60's-80's. None of the stocks have growth rates that high, which indicates the level of speculation on the industry.

Yeah , I am glad I did not listen to topper a year ago and went ahead and bought 100K worth of Gold. Physical gold :D

yeah... that must be doing "ok" for you. :)

My guess is gold will trend up to the $925-950 range prior to hitting resistance and more profit taking. Though it is hard to be sure as it has never been this high before and thus there are no resistance levels built in yet.

Up big today again... currently up 16.45 an ounce.

Suntech power is a good company. A leader in alt energy. The whole sector is extremely volatile, but trending up. Suntech would be a relatively safer way to play the sector. Be very careful with any of the sector right now as the PE's are almost all in the 60's-80's. None of the stocks have growth rates that high, which indicates the level of speculation on the industry.
I'm betting on the downturn causing people to look into such sources for a more long-term resource free source of power with less fluctuation. Not a short-term money maker, but a long-term hold investment.

The market is kinda waiting to see how the new energy policy stuff will spin out and which alt energy companies are the best situated to take advantage of the energy policy.

USC had you listen to me and bought oil companies you'd have done better. I was up 42% on Chevron.
I love alt energy, but check out the P/E's some of the best are in the several hundred range. TO hot for me, also putting more than 10% in gold is risky. Even the pro's can't pick when it's going to go down.

USC had you listen to me and bought oil companies you'd have done better. I was up 42% on Chevron.
I love alt energy, but check out the P/E's some of the best are in the several hundred range. TO hot for me, also putting more than 10% in gold is risky. Even the pro's can't pick when it's going to go down.

Funny thats what I am backing down to, 10%! From almost 50%

I'm betting on the downturn causing people to look into such sources for a more long-term resource free source of power with less fluctuation. Not a short-term money maker, but a long-term hold investment.

I would also bet that occurs. But given the high valuations right now, investors into the sector need to be very well aware that it is still not for the faint of heart. Either invest for the long term and ride out the volatility or wait for a downturn in the valuations to the point the growth rate and PE are more in line.

That would depend on what one bought the gold for. Day type / short term trading yes risky. But gold will stay high for some time. Well high enough for me to do well anyway.

when you buy for a fuzz over 600/oz ....

Last edited:
i got 30% of my money out of market right now in municipal money market making like 5.5%. stormy right now. The rest is in retirement and I can give to shits what the market does as i pick based on long term there.

Well it's a damn good thing we don't have something important, like our currency, set to such a changeable substance, now isn't it?

1) The price of gold over the past twelve months is up over 55%. So it depends on the price that he entered whether Chevron was better or not.

2) Gold can certainly go down, but when you look at the chart for gold, it has more upside potential right now than downside. Compare that to oil. Oil is currently over-valued relative to its charting. Yet you have more than 10% in oil right now, do you not? Gold is a safe haven. When the dollar is under pressure and the economy is seeing slowing to declining growth... gold is a good place to be. That said, the percentages invested in gold will vary from one individual to the next based on risk tolerance levels and individual goals.

i got 30% of my money out of market right now in municipal money market making like 5.5%. stormy right now. The rest is in retirement and I can give to shits what the market does as i pick based on long term there.

do me a favor.... pm me the muni money market making 5.5%.... because even 30 year munis aren't paying 5.5% right now.

you might get a real nice buy in point chap. Market pe is getting around 16 lowest it's been in a while.

Back