Gone Fishing.

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Up in Wisconsin at my sister inlaws family. Went fishing on Green Lake yesterday and today with my lovely bride and nephew.

Yesterday I was powned by my Nephew. He caugh a crappie, a bullhead a 15" large mouth bass and a 28" northern pike. Pretty darned good considering he's only 12 and this only the second time he's been fishing.

I got my revenge today. Found a honey hole and I pulled 8 large mouth and 1 small mouth. I had to release the small mouth and three of the large mouth that were under the 14" limit but kept 5 X 15" large mouth. Had to call it a day cause 5 is the daili limit for bass.

My nephew caught 2 bull heads and a 13" bass today that had to be released. He would have had the fish of the day as he hooked around a 20" bass but lost it on the shore trying land it. Instead of grabbing it by the lip or netting it he tried to drag it onto shore and snapped the line.

The misses caught her first fish. A 4" perch. I think she was more proud of that then the nephew was of his 28" pike.

Fish count so far is Mott 9, nephew 7, Mrs. Hoople 1.

Up in Wisconsin at my sister inlaws family. Went fishing on Green Lake yesterday and today with my lovely bride and nephew.

Yesterday I was powned by my Nephew. He caugh a crappie, a bullhead a 15" large mouth bass and a 28" northern pike. Pretty darned good considering he's only 12 and this only the second time he's been fishing.

I got my revenge today. Found a honey hole and I pulled 8 large mouth and 1 small mouth. I had to release the small mouth and three of the large mouth that were under the 14" limit but kept 5 X 15" large mouth. Had to call it a day cause 5 is the daili limit for bass.

My nephew caught 2 bull heads and a 13" bass today that had to be released. He would have had the fish of the day as he hooked around a 20" bass but lost it on the shore trying land it. Instead of grabbing it by the lip or netting it he tried to drag it onto shore and snapped the line.

The misses caught her first fish. A 4" perch. I think she was more proud of that then the nephew was of his 28" pike.

Fish count so far is Mott 9, nephew 7, Mrs. Hoople 1.

thats awesome, I love to fish

Went fishing today to Black Lakes on the top of Vail pass. Found it still frozen over. Didn't see Damo there.
Ended up at Officer's Gulch between Frisco and Copper Mt. at a much lower elevation.
Caught a brook trout and a nice sized brown for dinner.
Yum.

I do too but it can really get into your blood. I joke that fishing is like golf or a heroin addiction. You can spend a whole lot of money for darned little benefit.

I always thought it was a great hobby. You can enjoy it with a relatively minimal investment. Spend a couple of hundred and you have a hobby that only requires bait and a cheap license.

I always thought it was a great hobby. You can enjoy it with a relatively minimal investment. Spend a couple of hundred and you have a hobby that only requires bait and a cheap license.
It can be but when you start getting into boats...

I have about $1200 wrapped up in fishing gear. $700 for the kayak, I have two high end graphite rods/ spinning real combos. One medium-light (bass) and one medium- heavy (cats) that cost about $350 and about $200 on tackle. You don't need a whole lot of tackle for cats. For bass people waste a whole lot of money on lures. I only use jigs, plastic worms, spinners and crank baits. Four the first three I have three to four different colors and I have one floating crank and one diving crank.

If tha bass are schooling I use cranks. If they are patrolling the shore around points or inlets I use worms, if hiding in structure I use spinners and jigs when they are deep.

Last edited:
Saturday I went spearfishing, off the coast from Mara Lago, I shot two medium Almaco Jack, medium size

My buddy did better than I did, he got three grouper and a Spanish Mackerel.

We had a great fish fry for dinner.

I spend Sunday at Dangerous Donald's Trump National pool with the kids and some friends.

$140 the five of us to have a crappy lunch buffet.

Saturday I went spearfishing, off the coast from Mara Lago, I shot two medium Almaco Jack, medium size

So you didn't let the fish fight back.
Why didn't you go after sharks or something that could stand up to your murderous desires?

I hate summer fishing. I only catch fish on frozen lakes.

leave it to a cold hearted coloradion to prefer sitting outside freezing their ass off in the cold rather than chilling on a lake in the summer with some cold beers, possibly listening to a red sox game on the radio

I like hunting more but yes fishing is pretty amazing
I used to hunt...lost my blood lust and, to be honest, don't care much to eat most wild game. Last time I went hunting was with a 35 mm camera. It was just as fun. :)

Don't have anything against hunting other than that in some States their should be stricter licensing requirements. To many idiots who think buying an expensive gun makes them a hunter. They're usually the ones who end up shooting other hunters.

We had fresh bass for dinner too. Can't beat it.

So you didn't let the fish fight back.
Why didn't you go after sharks or something that could stand up to your murderous desires?

Why do you say they cant fight back? You chase them, they get away or hide under a rock or you shoot at them... you either hit or miss, you then have to try to get them to the boat, if they are still alive, that can be challenging.

Back