Gone Fishing.

Why do you say they cant fight back? You chase them, they get away or hide under a rock or you shoot at them... you either hit or miss, you then have to try to get them to the boat, if they are still alive, that can be challenging.

Ignore that douchebag, Jarod.

Why do you say they cant fight back? You chase them, they get away or hide under a rock or you shoot at them... you either hit or miss, you then have to try to get them to the boat, if they are still alive, that can be challenging.

That's trying to escape and you're in no danger.
You just like murdering creatures that live on this planet with us Humans. :palm:

leave it to a cold hearted coloradion to prefer sitting outside freezing their ass off in the cold rather than chilling on a lake in the summer with some cold beers, possibly listening to a red sox game on the radio

I hate fishing, so this is the only way I do it. Basically, my friends fish, and I just drink beer, and they appreciate my company, and the fact that I provided all of the beer.

I used to hunt...lost my blood lust and, to be honest, don't care much to eat most wild game. Last time I went hunting was with a 35 mm camera. It was just as fun. :)

Don't have anything against hunting other than that in some States their should be stricter licensing requirements. To many idiots who think buying an expensive gun makes them a hunter. They're usually the ones who end up shooting other hunters.

I wouldn't say that I have a blood lust or anything like that I just like being in the woods with my dad and brother spending time together and providing good food for ourselves. I agree that there are people that go hunting but don't really have a clue.

cant-go-fishing.jpg

I wouldn't say that I have a blood lust or anything like that I just like being in the woods with my dad and brother spending time together and providing good food for ourselves. I agree that there are people that go hunting but don't really have a clue.
i didn't mean to imply that all hunters have blood lust. It's just that the killing part stopped making sense since I don't like eating most wild game. Killing wild animals but a few reasons other than for food repulses me.

I actually love the hunting and tracking part but, as I said, you can have as much fun doing that with a camera.

i didn't mean to imply that all hunters have blood lust. It's just that the killing part stopped making sense since I don't like eating most wild game. Killing wild animals but a few reasons other than for food repulses me.

I actually love the hunting and tracking part but, as I said, you can have as much fun doing that with a camera.

I like this Mott. I absolutely won't hunt game I don't care to eat. The exception is coyotes as they are nuisance animals here. I was having this conversation with a guy in Sequoia National Park last week. He was one of the game biologists in the park. Both of us like to hunt and both of us were armed with a camera as we were watching for bear. I mentioned that bout 5 years ago they opened a bear season here in Oklahoma but I've never participated. Don't much like bear. It's ok but I'm not crazy about it. My favorite game is squirrel, then deer and elk, then rabbit. I also like any fowl (quail, dove, duck, etc...) but don't get to hunt them much.

The way I view hunting is: It's a good hike with a great meal at the end.

Someone probably said that before me but it fits my way of thinking.

I like this Mott. I absolutely won't hunt game I don't care to eat. The exception is coyotes as they are nuisance animals here. I was having this conversation with a guy in Sequoia National Park last week. He was one of the game biologists in the park. Both of us like to hunt and both of us were armed with a camera as we were watching for bear. I mentioned that bout 5 years ago they opened a bear season here in Oklahoma but I've never participated. Don't much like bear. It's ok but I'm not crazy about it. My favorite game is squirrel, then deer and elk, then rabbit. I also like any fowl (quail, dove, duck, etc...) but don't get to hunt them much.

This is something I like about spear fishing, you don't shoot fish you don't want to eat. Where we go, there are thousands of fish... if you were fishing with a rod and reel the chances of catching something you want to eat would be very slim, because the reef fish would be all over your bait. With spear fishing, you are looking for what you want, when you find it you shoot it. If I find a Grouper I want to eat, but its undersize, or close, I don't shoot it. If its clearly a keeper that I would like to eat... I try to shoot it.

Sums up how I feel. If I was living in Iowa or the other Plains States I would have a shotgun and a dog and be eating some Pheasant. They be seriously good eats.

Ditto on bear. Major gross. Same with wild boar. Not overly fond of venison either. Moose is good and Bison is as good as corn fed beef. Elk...meh...taste like venison and mutton...to gamy.

Rabbit, squirrel and rat all taste the same to me and all carry the same disease vectors...you take your chances.

I have no problem with shooting nuisance critters, coyotes, whistle pigs, prairie dogs, tax assessors, Mormon missionaries, etc.

Back