Gone? Why the Rapture doctrine is being left behind.

I have been on message boards, and followed politics long enough to know with crystal clear certainty that while end-times Christians and young Earth creationists might be a relatively small minority in the western Christian tradition, they hold a substantial and outsized influence on the Republican Party.

Did people forget that at a televised Republican presidential debate in 2012, several of the Republican presidential candidates indicated they did not believe in Evolution?

The entire "support Zionism...at all costs and no matter what!" premise in conservative circles is largely based on end times mythology.

That's true.. There are a number of variations on the Rapture and all Jews returning to Israel as a precondition of Jesus return in the future.

What a load of your usual nonsense. Large numbers of Christians never accepted the pretrib rapture nonsense. You know, since it's not like, Biblical and stuff.

I never even heard of it till I was in my late 20s. We had friends who went to an evangelical church. Went a few times with them, couldn't believe the weirdness being taught -- or how it was accepted at face value too. Strange. Asked my mom about it later. When we were growing up she was a Sunday School teacher (Lutheran). She had never heard of it either.

I never even heard of it till I was in my late 20s. We had friends who went to an evangelical church. Went a few times with them, couldn't believe the weirdness being taught -- or how it was accepted at face value too. Strange. Asked my mom about it later. When we were growing up she was a Sunday School teacher (Lutheran). She had never heard of it either.

It's been around for quite a long time actually. I don't think it gained a lot of popularity until after the fictional Left Behind nonsense. Lahaye and Jenkins did considerable damage to Christendom.

It's been around for quite a long time actually. I don't think it gained a lot of popularity until after the fictional Left Behind nonsense. Lahaye and Jenkins did considerable damage to Christendom.

For sure. What's the attraction in that odd doctrine, do you think?

I can remember The Rapture teaching ever since I went to a fundamentalist church with a friend from Jr. High.

After my commentary study of the Bible, including several doctrines that interested me, I concluded that almost every generation thought they were in End Times, including Paul and John.

Live your life as if you will see Jesus today, and you will be fine is my motto.

I am.....again, you have concluded that Jesus will never return?......

your yashka died over two thousand years ago

The tanakh doesn't have a messiah who is divine and who will die and come back, that is from the pagans, which paul had to enlist to keep christianity alive . hence today christians celebrate easter christmas and worship on sundays, just like the followers of mithra

Last edited:
I think there is more to predestination than that but the arrogance of Evangelicals is that they are convinced that they are the Elect.

I suspect that most evangelicals don't know the source of their doctrine.. and would go into absolute denial if they were confronted with the truth. Do you realize how much they have invested in this? Cyrus Scofield founded the Dallas Theological Seminary .. and the Moody Institute before that. They have churned out thousands of preachers teaching futurism and rapture doctrine.

I suspect that most evangelicals don't know the source of their doctrine.. and would go into absolute denial if they were confronted with the truth. Do you realize how much they have invested in this? Cyrus Scofield founded the Dallas Theological Seminary .. and the Moody Institute before that. They have churned out thousands of preachers teaching futurism and rapture doctrine.
There’s money to be made in Jesus.

Back