Good Time to dump Gold and buy the dollar?

technically true, but the ECU (which the EURO replaced) has existed since about 1980.....

I will give toppy the benefit of the doubt on this one and assume that is what he meant. Because he is indeed correct if we assume that. Given that the Euro converted one for one from the ECU, I think that is fair to interchange the two.

It’s not “technically true”. It’s true, period.

He’s dead wrong, and I give him no benefit of any doubt. He claims that “whinners who don’t know what the euro was against the dollar ten years ago” are the only ones concerned about the dollar’s drop.

Well, be better know when the euro came into being before he goes shooting off his smart mouth, and I ain’t seen nothing out of this dope that makes me think he did know it. But this "whinner" did.

He’s dead wrong, and I give him no benefit of any doubt. He claims that “whinners who don’t know what the euro was against the dollar ten years ago” are the only ones concerned about the dollar’s drop.

Well, be better know when the euro came into being before he goes shooting off his smart mouth, and I ain’t seen nothing out of this dope that makes me think he did know it. But this "whinner" did.

A claim that something is "true, period" without justifying your assertion does little to establish your argument, Darla, it only makes you look obnoxious.

The fact that Topspin was using an a decimal number ("10 years") makes it pretty obvious that that was not meant to be considered taken literally. He was estimating. If there's one thing I don't doubt Topper on, it's his knowledge of investing. Before that, we had the EUC. I don't see the big deal you're making.

A claim that something is "true, period" without justifying your assertion does little to establish your argument, Darla, it only makes you look obnoxious.

The fact that Topspin was using an a decimal number ("10 years") makes it pretty obvious that that was not meant to be considered taken literally. He was estimating. If there's one thing I don't doubt Topper on, it's his knowledge of investing. Before that, we had the EUC. I don't see the big deal you're making.

How does his using "ten years' make it obvious that he knew the euro didn't exist ten years ago? You are making no sense.

Just because he bought some oil stocks doesn’t mean he knows shit about international finance. You may not doubt him, but I do.

I'm not making a big deal. He said something completely wrong and very stupid. I called him on it. You guys are all upset because Darla called Topper on an economic claim, and that's unexpected. People don't like the unexpected. Especially men.

Eat it. It happened. Get over it.

How does his using "ten years' make it obvious that he knew the euro didn't exist ten years ago? You are making no sense.

Just because he bought some oil stocks doesn’t mean he knows shit about international finance. You may not doubt him, but I do.

I'm not making a big deal. He said something completely wrong and very stupid. I called him on it. You guys are all upset because Darla called Topper on an economic claim, and that's unexpected. People don't like the unexpected. Especially men.

Eat it. It happened. Get over it.

I hate Topper just as much as the next guy but you're being UNFAIR to him. :crybaby:

LMAO..... ok, fair enough. But the two are interchanged when economists compare the two currencies (USD against the Euro/ECU) as it gives more back data for a longer term analysis.

The Euro was introduced in 1999. "10 years" ago was 1997. It wasn't an exact figure, people think in 10's instead of precisely all the time.

Even giving topper the benefit of the doubt, is it true that the ECU relative to the dollar ten years ago the same as the Euro today?

I sense not, but don't really feel like digging into it. Anyone know?

1) She was correct in stating the Euro did not exist ten years ago, given that it was created in 1999.

2) I doubt topper was indeed estimating, because it was back in 1995 that the European currency was at the level we see today vs. the dollar.... not in 1999 or anytime after that. Which is why I think top saw a long term chart which invariably used the combo of the Euro and ECU and based his statement off of that. (whether he knew it was a combo or not is up for debate)

1) She was correct in stating the Euro did not exist ten years ago, given that it was created in 1999.

2) I doubt topper was indeed estimating, because it was back in 1995 that the European currency was at the level we see today vs. the dollar.... not in 1999 or anytime after that. Which is why I think top saw a long term chart which invariably used the combo of the Euro and ECU and based his statement off of that. (whether he knew it was a combo or not is up for debate)

Yeah but in 1995 Topper was a gerber living off of his parents who didn't know anything about the real world.

Even giving topper the benefit of the doubt, is it true that the ECU relative to the dollar ten years ago the same as the Euro today?

I sense not, but don't really feel like digging into it. Anyone know?

Yes, it was near similar levels around 1995-97.

Editing because I accidently prematurely hit send.

In late 95 it was pretty much where we are today. In 1997 it was slightly lower, but not significantly different.

Who cares? Back to topic.

cpi_data062907.jpg

Yes, it was near similar levels around 1995-97.

Editing because I accidently prematurely hit send.

In late 95 it was pretty much where we are today. In 1997 it was slightly lower, but not significantly different.

Don't worry it happens to all men sometimes.

It doesn’t make you any less of a man Sf.

Don't worry it happens to all men sometimes.

It doesn’t make you any less of a man Sf.

Yep, ya took the lob and spiked it. Somehow I knew you would.

If it makes you a little happier, we could bring up to toppy that the Euro is also on the verge of a technical breakout to the upside. (which means the dollar is close to breaking out to the downside)

obfuscate.... back to the topic..... as I stated, gold just broke out to the upside. I would wait and see if a run develops. Tomorrow will be a good indication.

Yep, ya took the lob and spiked it. Somehow I knew you would.

If it makes you a little happier, we could bring up to toppy that the Euro is also on the verge of a technical breakout to the upside. (which means the dollar is close to breaking out to the downside)

LOL, I couldn’t help it.

I didn’t know that about the euro though, it’s interesting information, though doesn’t bode well for my dream trip to Paris next New Year’s.

obfuscate.... back to the topic..... as I stated, gold just broke out to the upside. I would wait and see if a run develops. Tomorrow will be a good indication.

If I were to dump gold I'd wait a few months, but would get alot out before gold starts losing to the dollar, which imo will happen 2nd half of 08.

Back