GOP caught in a vise

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel4
  • Start date Start date
Then we agree that's way too many.

How would you suggest we start helping the uninsured?

Perhaps we can start by reminding the public (as the Media would if they were as objective and un-biased as they keep claiming to be) that there's nothing new about the numbers and the "crisis" is at least 11 years old :

"To be fair, it is not only the number of uninsured children that has increased during the last eight years, but also the number of Americans overall. In 1992, 38 million Americans lacked health insurance. By 1998, 44 million were uninsured."

http://www.nationalreview.com/convention/guest_comment/guest_commentprint081700b.html

Perhaps we can start by reminding the public (as the Media would if they were as objective and un-biased as they keep claiming to be) that there's nothing new about the numbers and the "crisis" is at least 11 years old :

"To be fair, it is not only the number of uninsured children that has increased during the last eight years, but also the number of Americans overall. In 1992, 38 million Americans lacked health insurance. By 1998, 44 million were uninsured."

http://www.nationalreview.com/convention/guest_comment/guest_commentprint081700b.html

....and in 1993 the bought and paid for GOP, in alliance with the for-profit healthcare industry, spent millions to defeat any attempts to pass a new healthcare plan. In the succeeding 15 years they did NOTHING in order to protect their profits and lobbyist contributions.

....and in 1993 the bought and paid for GOP, in alliance with the for-profit healthcare industry, spent millions to defeat any attempts to pass a new healthcare plan. In the succeeding 15 years they did NOTHING in order to protect their profits and lobbyist contributions.

Yep.....another little fact that the neocon parrots and pundits like to ignore.

But uhhhh...the Dems did control Congress when Hillarycare went down in flames right ?

Better start lining up some new alibis for the Dems. Again.

Why? You liberals are in power. Use it; I dare you. LOL

Liberals are not in power, neither were the cons for a while. The corporatists are in power and have been for years.

I fail to see how something that is detrimental us (including you) is funny and to be supported.

Liberals are not in power, neither were the cons for a while. The corporatists are in power and have been for years.

I fail to see how something that is detrimental us (including you) is funny and to be supported.
You Democrats have the power now. Use it. What are you waiting for?

You Democrats have the power now. Use it. What are you waiting for?

As I said the corporatists have the power. And have had for 30 years or more.
by my estimation the corporatists are about 2/3 republican and 1/3 dems.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

As I said the corporatists have the power. And have had for 30 years or more.
by my estimation the corporatists are about 2/3 republican and 1/3 dems.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?
OIC Those too evil they must remain unnamed. LOL

You're a fruit.

Do you deny that corporate lobbyists, coproprat campaign contributions, and cushy jobs for congresspersons and their families have a great influence on how our govt operates?

I think the government itself is several orders of magnitude corrupt themselves without having to worry about unnamed "corporatists". LOL

I think the government itself is several orders of magnitude corrupt themselves without having to worry about unnamed "corporatists". LOL

I am not speaking of unnamed conspiracy stuff.
I am speaking of reality.

btw some/many libertarians are in their fold as well. The libertarian platform suits their purposes well.

I am not speaking of unnamed conspiracy stuff.
I am speaking of reality.

btw some/many libertarians are in their fold as well. The libertarian platform suits their purposes well.

Excellent points, but as you can see there are those who are just stubborn and refuse to acknowledge reality.

Back