Got to love Trial Liars... I mean lawyers

This son of a bitch should have gone to prison for two years, instead for his illegal acts that defrauded companies out of millions of dollars he gets to live in his big NY house and probably will ask permission to go occassionally to the Hamptions. If he had sold the equivilent of one percent of the total he defrauded from people in drugs they would have frozen his bank accounts then siezed them along with his house and his cars and everything else. The problem is that lawyers from HUGE firms rarely get a punishment that fits his crime. Mega firm lawyers are held to a different standard in this country. Read Nadar's No Contest and you will see how huge violations of the code of conduct, when committed by lawyers from powerful and influential law firms get nowhere near the punishments that are meted out to solo practitioners for far less severe infractions, and judges are less likely to sanction huge firm attorney's than they are solo practioners and small firms.

So I am no less insensed than you are because if I pulled of a scheme that defrauded people out of millions of dollars I would only get to post here when I had computer time from federal prison I would go to.

I was just busting your chops a bit. I agree with everything you stated above. The problem as I see it is that lawyers police themselves. The Bar, Judges and many politicians.... lawyers.... looking out for their own. Especially the ones that work for the big firms as you mention.

It took them more than three years to bring charges against him. Were it me they cought doing somthing like that Id give em 3 months MAX to bring charges.

Of course it took them three years. They had to give the guy time to pimp out his home before they put him under house arrest.

I was just busting your chops a bit. I agree with everything you stated above. The problem as I see it is that lawyers police themselves. The Bar, Judges and many politicians.... lawyers.... looking out for their own. Especially the ones that work for the big firms as you mention.
I knew you were trol er ah I mean busting my chops and took no offense from it. The article itself pisses me off to no end.

I knew you were trol er ah I mean busting my chops and took no offense from it. The article itself pisses me off to no end.

yeah.... it was shit like...

"The first person to be sentenced in the case was Seymour Lazar, a retired attorney who was sentenced last month to six months home detention and two years probation. He also was fined $600,000.

Federal prosecutors said Lazar, 80, was paid about $2.6 million to be a professional plaintiff and help the law firm, previously known as Milberg Weiss Bershad & Schulman, in its pursuit of the lawsuits."

That really pisses me off. So he makes $2mm off of his crime and has to spend 6 months under house arrest. BFD. He MADE $2mm after the fine.

So if I go rob a bank.... steal $2.6 million.... can I get 6 months house arrest and only have to give $600k back?

Back