Gravel and Barr to seek LP Presidential Nomination

That doesn't go through his departure from the Republican Party, desh.

I'd like to see him fill one out now, though.

Since joining the Libertarian Party, Barr has reversed his previous stance favoring the War on Drugs and is now a lobbyist for the Marijuana Policy Project.

Since leaving Congress in 2003, Barr has become a vocal opponent of the Patriot Act and has stated that he regrets voting for it, claiming that the Bush Administration has used it to further erode due process even in nonterrorism matters. He claims that the Clinton administration did much of the same thing.[11] In 2005--the year the Patriot Act was due for renewal he helped found an organization called Patriots to Restore Checks and Balances, a bipartisan group dedicated to eliminating aspects of the Patriot Act that could potentially affect law-abiding citizens rather than terrorists, and to "restore traditional checks and balances on government power so the country can effectively fight terror without sacrificing the rights of innocent Americans, rights that are guaranteed by the Constitution."[14] Barr still serves as the group's chairman.

Just like I said. He will say and do anything for fame and fortune.

Everyone wants their candidate to be them. :/

Mike Gravel's not a libertarian, just an attention whore who's trying to make one last storm.

I only really said that after reading an interview with him where he stated "Empowering people to make laws... what's more libertarian than that!"

He obviously doesn't understand them very well.

Just like I said. He will say and do anything for fame and fortune.

So when Edwards apologizes for his war vote and Clinton doesn't apologize for her Patriot Act vote that is okay.

But when Barr leaves the Republican Party, recants his votes on the Patriot Act and renounces his support of the Drug War that is just seeking "fame and fortune".

Hes too damaged to get anywhere in the R party.
The dems would never allow his ass in.

Libertarians are fools to trust this scumbag.

So when Edwards apologizes for his war vote and Clinton doesn't apologize for her Patriot Act vote that is okay.

But when Barr leaves the Republican Party, recants his votes on the Patriot Act and renounces his support of the Drug War that is just seeking "fame and fortune".

Epi, he was crusading against abortion laws and his wife had an abortion with his consent.

He is the kind of person who will say whatever is needed to gain party creds.

You can have his slimey ass.

Was he a part of the Clinton impeachment? I'm trying to understand where this anger towards him is coming from?

Epi, he was crusading against abortion laws and his wife had an abortion with his consent.

He is the kind of person who will say whatever is needed to gain party creds.

You can have his slimey ass.

Yes I know, it's hypocritical.

But rather than trying to dodge the question, tell me why you give Edwards a pass but not Barr. Both left office and announced drastic changes of position to pursue presidential bids.

for chrissakes, Why would anyone argue over who is the LP presidential candiate ? that is about like becoming dogcatcher of dogpatch.

water said he did not know who he was so I felt the truth about the guy was a good way to start.

The libertarians would be very foolish to taint their party with this slitherer

Yeah but tainting the libertarian party is about like a fish pissing in the ocean.
In the end it really has no result.

The LP will get a few disgruntled republican votes, but most of them will hold their noses and pull the party lever in Nov.

Back