Gun Control

No, its not a hope thing. Burglaries happen all the time. The fact that a burglary at my home (they stole my entire gun collection and ammo stockpile!) happens to coincide with the passage of legislation allowing the confiscation of my now missing gun collection would be purely coincidental.

And yet the whole "I hope" still doesn't register, to whit I hope you get your stolen guns back from the theives that stole them from you and I hope you'll never be foreced to deploy said guns against the U.S. Army (you'll lose) and then again "I hope" you'll see the political power you have sans firearms and get up and do something about it.

After all it's the left wingers that sit around on thier over fed @sses and bitch and moan about what they want to accomplish, nerver taking the initiative to action that is necessary, I expect more from a devotee to liberty (true liberal) so TIME TO MOVE, no ?. :P

there is only ONE reason for this shell game, namely "shift the blame" ... it's not those that use guns to kill people's fault it's a shared responsibility with those that PRODUCE guns and not only that there's a third party involved here it also those that SELL guns that are at fault.

you'll need to better explain how you think it's the fault of a manufacturer, or even a seller, that is at fault for the supposed thousands of guns that end up in mexico, because I fail to see it.

LOL, you forgot to add "I Hope" 'cause in case you hadn't noticed the federal government has a tendency to ignore constitutional protections that are inconvenient to whatever social, political or economic experiment they've arbitrarily decided to pursue at the moment.

They (the gub'ment) have hellfire missiles, apache attack helicopters, nukes and other equally destructive armaments and we (the people) have a random assortment of pop guns, guess who wins?

yeah, this gets brought up all the time also. Perhaps alot of people have forgotten about WACO, but the government sure hasn't. they took an awful lot of heat for using military equipment and they won't be doing it again anytime soon. Not to mention that using such against a small number of civilians would be political suicide.

but we can save the talk of how resistance would be utilized in another discussion somewhere.

Last edited:
yeah, this gets brought up all the time also. Perhaps alot of people have forgotten about WACO, but the government sure hasn't. they took an awful lot of heat for using military equipment and they won't be doing it again anytime soon. Not to mention that using such against a small number of civilians would be political suicide.

but we can save the talk of how resistance would be utilized in another discussion somewhere.

The might of the military gets brought up whenever someone talks about refusing to relinguish their firearms.

The first thing I would question is whether or not the soldiers would fire on US citizens. If they could be labelled a small bunch of lunatics they might be able to convince them to do so. But a large scale revolt? Much less likely. Besides, a large portion of the military are gun owners or hunters too.

Next, the number of armed revolutionaries could be quite significant. The NRA claims 4 million plus members. If 20% kept their guns and revolted, you would have an armed group of 800,000 citizens. There are an estimated 63 million legal private gun owners. If 95% gave uptheir guns, you would be left with over 3 million armed citizens. Approximately 23 million people have hunted in the last 5 years. If 10% of those refuse to be disarmed, you have 2.3 million snipers in the field. Those numbers are not to be ignored if discussing total disarmament of our nation.

Ok now that you'ver brought CANADA into it ... I have no choice ..

I'm gonna get one of these gun owning folks to shoot ya, I'd do it myself but I don't own any guns .. :P

I don't own any either, but Toppy is either a Canadian Gentleman or a German Nazi, and since he's no gentleman...

Back