Gun Monkey Follies: More shootings retrospective

Taichiliberal

Shaken, not stirred!
JSix years ago, a friend of mine who lives in Florida clarified a few things regarding how people actually feel about the never ending debate about gun control and the periodic mass shootings using assault weapons. Here's what she wrote:

Actually, most NRA members DON'T subscribe to the propaganda we see on TV. The NRA is playing to the extremist 4-5% of Americans who don't think our guns laws need at least a little tweaking. Over 95% of Americans in several surveys which include gun-owners, non-gun-owners, conservatives, & liberals alike, feel that we need to do 4 things. 1) Get rid of the so-called "Gun-show Loophole" in which people privately buying/selling guns at gun-shows, online, or out of their homes don't need background check like everybody else. 2) Get weapons of war out of the hands of civilians. 3) Make all background checks go into a Federal Database so someone in one state's law enforcement has access to background information entered by someone in another state. 4) Do something to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill. Advocates for the mentally say that HIPAA laws protect the health information privacy of these people, but if health care professionals are allowed to tell prior sex partners if their patient has a sexually transmitted disease and doctors are required by law to report to the DMV that someone is diagnosed with epilepsy, then they should also be allowed to report those being treated for mental illness to the Federal database to keep someone from buying a weapon.

Last edited:
or maybe stop relying on the government to protect you, especially when they have no responsibility to do so, nor liability for failure to do so.

We tried the so many guns that we will all be safe

It has failed miserably in actual practice

Just like every time we implement Republican economic ideas

When actually done it fails

Every fucking time

Doing the same stupid idea over and over while it fails over and over is for fucking LOSERS

The voters are beginning to notice the pattern

the police have no duty to protect you. i'm sure you've heard that before. so what idiotic logic are you going to employ that people not being allowed to protect themselves from violent liberals will work better?

Suck that Putin cock

Damn, I forgot to put that cowardly, two faced little poser on ban from this thread. He's STILL following me around like a bitch in heat despite me exposing him for the phony he is and having him on permanent "ignore" for at least a year now. Pathetic.

We tried the so many guns that we will all be safe

It has failed miserably in actual practice

Just like every time we implement Republican economic ideas

When actually done it fails

Every fucking time

Doing the same stupid idea over and over while it fails over and over is for fucking LOSERS

The voters are beginning to notice the pattern

THIS will always be dear to my heart:

These will always be dear to my heart

bible.jpg

the police have no duty to protect you. i'm sure you've heard that before. so what idiotic logic are you going to employ that people not being allowed to protect themselves from violent liberals will work better?

Keep in mind “not that smart” thinks anyone he sees in daily life is Attila the Hun

Keep in mind “not that smart” thinks anyone he sees in daily life is Attila the Hun

notice your hypocrisy? complaining and whining about all the big bad gun owners needing gun control, yet attempting to ridicule someone acknowledging that there are criminals out there.

I am smarter than you and always will be

JSix years ago, a friend of mine who lives in Florida clarified a few things regarding how people actually feel about the never ending debate about gun control and the periodic mass shootings using assault weapons. Here's what she wrote:

Actually, most NRA members DON'T subscribe to the propaganda we see on TV. The NRA is playing to the extremist 4-5% of Americans who don't think our guns laws need at least a little tweaking. Over 95% of Americans in several surveys which include gun-owners, non-gun-owners, conservatives, & liberals alike, feel that we need to do 4 things. 1) Get rid of the so-called "Gun-show Loophole" in which people privately buying/selling guns at gun-shows, online, or out of their homes don't need background check like everybody else. 2) Get weapons of war out of the hands of civilians. 3) Make all background checks go into a Federal Database so someone in one state's law enforcement has access to background information entered by someone in another state. 4) Do something to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill. Advocates for the mentally say that HIPAA laws protect the health information privacy of these people, but if health care professionals are allowed to tell prior sex partners if their patient has a sexually transmitted disease and doctors are required by law to report to the DMV that someone is diagnosed with epilepsy, then they should also be allowed to report those being treated for mental illness to the Federal database to keep someone from buying a weapon.

Tell you what, for every restriction you want to put in guns put the same number on abortion. Deal?

or maybe stop relying on the government to protect you, especially when they have no responsibility to do so, nor liability for failure to do so.

I feel so much safer now.

Here are ten major US cities and their average response time, ranked best to worst:

Chicago: 3.46 minutes
Los Angeles: 5.7 minutes
Seattle: 7 minutes
Dallas: 8 minutes
Miami: 8 minutes
New York City: 9.1 minutes
Atlanta: 9.5 minutes
Houston: 10 minutes
Detroit: 12 minutes
Denver: 13 minutes

https://www.saferwatchapp.com/blog/police-response-time/

I feel so much safer now.

Here are ten major US cities and their average response time, ranked best to worst:

Chicago: 3.46 minutes
Los Angeles: 5.7 minutes
Seattle: 7 minutes
Dallas: 8 minutes
Miami: 8 minutes
New York City: 9.1 minutes
Atlanta: 9.5 minutes
Houston: 10 minutes
Detroit: 12 minutes
Denver: 13 minutes

https://www.saferwatchapp.com/blog/police-response-time/

Dial 911 and die

https://www.amazon.com/Dial-911-Die-Garn-Turner/dp/0964230445

Americans need to know whether they are safe from violent crime. Many Americans believe the myth that they can simply "dial 911" and then just wait for the police to rescue them from danger. Dial 911 and Die explodes that myth with true stories from all over the country. It boils down to this: in most cases, the police do not have to protect ordinary private citizens from criminal attacks. The law and the courts shield the police departments and governments from liability. That means the citizens are left in the cold. When the thug breaks down your front door, is dialing 911 really your best defense? Americans and Canadians everywhere need to know, and Dial 911 and Die gives the answers. Don't become a victim to a false hope...read this book and get the facts.

Dial 911 and die

https://www.amazon.com/Dial-911-Die-Garn-Turner/dp/0964230445

Americans need to know whether they are safe from violent crime. Many Americans believe the myth that they can simply "dial 911" and then just wait for the police to rescue them from danger. Dial 911 and Die explodes that myth with true stories from all over the country. It boils down to this: in most cases, the police do not have to protect ordinary private citizens from criminal attacks. The law and the courts shield the police departments and governments from liability. That means the citizens are left in the cold. When the thug breaks down your front door, is dialing 911 really your best defense? Americans and Canadians everywhere need to know, and Dial 911 and Die gives the answers. Don't become a victim to a false hope...read this book and get the facts.

Whether or not the police HAVE to protect ordinary private citizens is irrelevant because even if they HAD to that wouldn't necessarily improve response times. The FACTS are the police arent be able to PREVENT anything unless they happen upon something. People need to be able to protect themselves no matter what methods they choose. Waiting for the police is not your best option.

Riiight, because killing and the Bible are more synonymous than most people think. Small wonder gun monkey's love it so.

As the old saying goes, when fascism comes to America it will have a Bible in one hand and a flag in the other .....or in this case, a gun.

America(ns) have always had a Bible, a flag and a gun. Right from our beginning.

Back