Gun question

Anyway, back to the topic, I loaded the mag with ten rounds and let it sit a day and It may have fixed itself. It's not as hard to load the last round now. Thanks for the advice though.

I have a S&W Bodyguard .380 that came with two 6 round magazines. Recently I bought a 10 round mag from, I think, Pro-mag. The tenth round is EXTREMLY hard to put in the mag. I don't really want to send it back unless I have to. Does anyone have any idea what I could do to fix this problem?

View attachment 25764

Aftermarket mag with more capacity! :awesome:

TBH, I'm a "don't fully load it and leave it" type of dude.

Most of my magazines are loaded at about 75%

I heard it weakens the springs. :dunno:

My 2nd gun..it fucking sucks. Only way to make it OK is to shoot all the ammo I have for it, then reload the shells.

F'n great! Ya know, I done put way too much into that thing. I'll use it like the Rifleman or a shotgun and it's not a shotgun or something.

Grawr! Fuck that! I quit gun hunting after 3 years anyway. Maybe I can pawn it off on somebody. I gotta be honest with them on how it is though.

They'll get the gun and all the bullets for it. Then it's not my problem. All the spent brass, too.

Last edited:
TBH, I'm a "don't fully load it and leave it" type of dude.

Most of my magazines are loaded at about 75%

I heard it weakens the springs. :dunno:

My 2nd gun..it fucking sucks. Only way to make it OK is to shoot all the ammo I have for it, then reload the shells.

F'n great! Ya know, I done put way too much into that thing. I'll use it like the Rifleman or a shotgun and it's not a shotgun or something.

Grawr! Fuck that! I quit gun hunting after 3 years anyway. Maybe I can pawn it off on somebody. I gotta be honest with them on how it is though.

They'll get the gun and all the bullets for it. Then it's not my problem. All the spent brass, too.

It don't weaken the springs. What fatigues the springs is the constant loading and unloading of the springs. I know that because years working on things with a lot of springs.

For what it's worth:

My 89 yr. old father was a NYC homicide detective for over 20 years....came up through the ranks from beat cop, retired in the late 1990's. He says that the six shot revolver (at whatever caliber you prefer) was his ONLY choice for a gun because (a) you could buy a speed loader(s) with appropriate cartridge belts. (b) revolvers have an extremely low misfire ratio (c) in his experience, a .38 Police Special or snub nose would kill you just as dead as any higher caliber automatic, if used properly.

He was issued a Glock before retiring. He didn't like it, said "trigger is far too light...I can see accidents waiting to happen!"

Um, would you consider a 9MM "high caliber" contrasted to a .38 spcl.?

I have several handguns. among then is a 16 shot 9mm. Of course a 6 shot .38 will kill just as dead but the difference is in firepower. 11 rounds vs 7. Makes a dif. So does 16 vs 6.

True, but for decades six chamber revolvers did hold their own even when criminals got ahold of army surplus full auto machine guns and such. Also, for home defense a stray .38 bullet won't fly through your wall and hit something or someone across the street or hall. Just saying.

True, but for decades six chamber revolvers did hold their own even when criminals got ahold of army surplus full auto machine guns and such. Also, for home defense a stray .38 bullet won't fly through your wall and hit something or someone across the street or hall. Just saying.

How many 38 rounds have you shot thru your wall to see?

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post

How many 38 rounds have you shot thru your wall to see?

I didn't have to....my Pop's (30 year vet, NYPD Homicide Detective) would bring home his work sometimes. When I was old enough, he's share some cases (domestic, gang, mob, etc.). The ballistic reports told the tale. It is what it is.

Back