gun sale and responsibility/liability

should a gun seller be liable for crimes committed with that gun

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Then kindly explain why Holder is responsible for guns he didn't personally own, but you are NOT responsible for a gun you own personally being sold by a relative.
1) I have not claimed immunity or liability for my gun being sold yet.....
2) holder is head of justice, right? and ATF and it's agents are his underlings, right? so his claim of ignorance of his agents actions (them buying guns and sending them to mexico) makes them his, do they not?

or is that scenario too much for you to handle?

Trying so desperately to change the subject...maybe we can stick to the thread topic just once?

Is STY responsible if his stepson illegally sells STY's gun?

No “desperation”, just logical correlations. Should you be responsible if somebody stole and sold your knife, your fertilizer, your gas and a crime was committed with them?

The answer to all is a resounding NO!

Then kindly explain why Holder is responsible for guns he didn't personally own, but you are NOT responsible for a gun you own personally being sold by a relative.

How about the fact that Holder is the Attorney General of the United States and thereby responsible for oversight of the ATF and all legal & illegal policies and actions conducted by the federal government.

No “desperation”, just logical correlations. Should you be responsible if somebody stole and sold your knife, your fertilizer, your gas and a crime was committed with them?

The answer to all is a resounding NO!

Well since, unlike guns, none of the items you mentioned were designed with the specific intent of being used to kill, then your argument is meaningless.

How about the fact that Holder is the Attorney General of the United States and thereby responsible for oversight of the ATF and all legal & illegal policies and actions conducted by the federal government.

That's the good little Rightie...keep trying to divert the debate away from STY and his criminal mishandling of a firearm HE owned!

1) I have not claimed immunity or liability for my gun being sold yet.....
2) holder is head of justice, right? and ATF and it's agents are his underlings, right? so his claim of ignorance of his agents actions (them buying guns and sending them to mexico) makes them his, do they not?

or is that scenario too much for you to handle?

Well then, how's about you sack up, grow a pair and state whether or not you are immune or liable for your gun being sold?

All this fence sitting you been doing is getting kinda sad.

Strange...I didn't think the question to be that difficult at the time.

Apparently I was mistaken.

Well obviously STY feels he's responsible for any crimes committed using the gun his stepson sold to another or he'd have answered by now...

The reason he won't answer is he hates having to admit when I am right.

Well obviously STY feels he's responsible for any crimes committed using the gun his stepson sold to another or he'd have answered by now...

The reason he won't answer is he hates having to admit when I am right.
zappa, fuck off and die in a fire. I'm trying to do a reno on a new home, so please be completely offended and breathe deeply with your head in a bucket of bleach because I didn't hurry up and answer your question.

zappa, fuck off and die in a fire. I'm trying to do a reno on a new home, so please be completely offended and breathe deeply with your head in a bucket of bleach because I didn't hurry up and answer your question.

Oh I'm not offended in the least.

This is how most "debates" with you whiners end...with you guys running away, spouting some sort of "excuse" as to why you've suddenly lost interest in the thread YOU created.

Oh I'm not offended in the least.

This is how most "debates" with you whiners end...with you guys running away, spouting some sort of "excuse" as to why you've suddenly lost interest in the thread YOU created.
it never ceases to amaze me, the ability that idiots have to totally believe an astounding line of bullshit that one produces.

it never ceases to amaze me, the ability that idiots have to totally believe an astounding line of bullshit that one produces.

WOW...

Apparently you've got the time to respond with the same tired snark...

...but not enough time to just say whether you think you are responsible for the gun your stepson sold.

WOW...

Apparently you've got the time to respond with the same tired snark...

...but not enough time to just say whether you think you are responsible for the gun your stepson sold.
when all you do is obfuscate, misdirect, and refuse to answer questions, why in the world should I answer any question you ask?

when all you do is obfuscate, misdirect, and refuse to answer questions, why in the world should I answer any question you ask?

Ummmmm...maybe because you started this thread positing the question you now refuse to answer?

Maybe because not answering will only further cement your position as just another partisan hack who runs away from real debate in the eyes of the more honest, intellectual posters here.

But I understand...you're just another one of the posters here who absolutely refuse to admit when you are wrong.

Back