Guns kill people

LOL.

;)

There's nothing easier to kill a person with than a gun. Without easy access to guns for most people, it's very difficult to argue that the murder rate would go down, because crimes of passion would be reduced tremendously, and even premeditated murders would be more complicated.

Maybe it wouldn't reduce robberies or other crimes committed by the mythical negro "true criminal", however, only a very small subset of crimes are committed by that type of person.

That said, I doubt banning guns would do reduce the murder rate signifigantly. Our society is just violent and apathetic. We have such high murder rates for the same reason we're all gun nuts.

It's none of your business if I have a great big vase of mercury or not.

However, it is my business if you have an instrument of death.

And yet you love the idea of sending state agents around with these instruments of death to collect money to arm more and more agents of the state.

You have no problems with guns. Quit with the charade that you do. You have a problem with citizens possessing them.

And yet you love the idea of sending state agents around with these instruments of death to collect money to arm more and more agents of the state.

You have no problems with guns. Quit with the charade that you do. You have a problem with citizens possessing them.

I think you're talking to the wrong person, RS. I'm a pacifist. I don't support the use of guns to collect property.

Swimming pools kill far more people than guns every year. That is one deadly weapon. But only rich people have these WMDs called by the innocuous name of "pools" and therefore they will be used with brutal force on the unwary for time immemorial.

Guns kill a lot more people than the ones they "Save".
I call you out on this one. Show me the numbers for people killed with guns in the US and then the numbers for people that have used guns for self defense in the US. I will even allow you to use the horribly inaccurate DOJ numbers. WHich are still about 2 and half times more. So go find them there gun fraidy cat and then get back to me. You are already wrong now go show everyone else. numbers for all gun deaths including suicide are at the CDC website.

I am already calm. Quit projecting.

You are no pacifist. There is no way to fund the state without violence and the threat of violence.

People being what they are it would never work WM.
Neither would libertarianism, which would depend a lot on what you are talking about.

I call you out on this one. Show me the numbers for people killed with guns in the US and then the numbers for people that have used guns for self defense in the US. I will even allow you to use the horribly inaccurate DOJ numbers. WHich are still about 2 and half times more. So go find them there gun fraidy cat and then get back to me. You are already wrong now go show everyone else. numbers for all gun deaths including suicide are at the CDC website.

I mean, that's great and all.

I know, in Switzerland and Canada, there are tons of guns, and the murder rate is rock bottom. The reason for our high crime rate in the US, as I explained, is because of our violent, machoistic society.

But I'm under no delusion that banning guns would do nothing to reduce murder rates.

Handguns are pretty scarce in Canada I think, and swiss have rusty guns in the back of their closets....for the most part.

Back